IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

In other news, the latest iteration of Football Manager is out soon. As part of that, the most popular Twitter FM have detailed a thread with impossible challenges - things like winning the league with Norwich only signing Brazilian players, beating PSG to the champions league with FC Paris, getting to the Prem with Taunton. See below:

Challenge 61 has just landed…

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 11

21 hours ago, CiderJar said:

Regardless of how they played the ballboy was on their side and that is what ultimately won them the game. 

Remember this incident from 30 years ago, City home to Southend?

Referee Vic Callow also ordered off an 11 year old ball boy after an incident with a Southend player. The lad was led away in tears by a policeman!

6 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

In other news, the latest iteration of Football Manager is out soon. As part of that, the most popular Twitter FM have detailed a thread with impossible challenges - things like winning the league with Norwich only signing Brazilian players, beating PSG to the champions league with FC Paris, getting to the Prem with Taunton. See below:

Challenge 61 has just landed…

Will anyone manage this before the real life attempt succeeds?

2 hours ago, CiderJar said:

To be honest,  no offence, but I didn't want to sit on the fence with this one, not when there were holes to be mended, the guy seemed to be repeating the same offence.

I take no offence and neither do I sit on one.  I probably should be on the defensive

• Like 1

AssChat is a lovely read at the moment, especially their "Relegation" thread.

Squabbling amongst themselves about who is more "Faithful and Truer". Chippenham Gas must be a gurt "Ted".

They see themselves as a club that should be "yo-yoing" between League One and The Championship based on zero evidence of any potential whatsoever other than they see it as their "God Given Right".

At least one Sag has stated the correct information that they are indeed a "yo-yoing" club, but between League One and League Two (with a bit of Non-League sprinkled over the top).

Why can't they just admit that League One is their promised land? League One is the Premier League for Sags which is why they are struggling. Don't they realise that it was blindingly obvious that once their entire team of loanees had ****** off back to their parent clubs that Rovers would be preparing to head back down to their rightful level in League Two?

They really need to wake up and recognise how tinpot they are and enjoy the fact that they are spending a season punching well above their weight. Perhaps then they wouldn't be squabbling amongst themselves so much!!

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 3
  • Haha 11
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Gert Mare said:

Don't they realise that it was blindingly obvious that once their entire team of loanees had ****** off back to their parent clubs that Rovers would be preparing to head back down to their rightful level in League Two?

Even if they stay up, it will be the same again next season. If they have a decent season next season and even manage to get in the top half, they will no doubt have a load of loanees again that will all be gone at the end of the season. All of this whilst still losing a fortune, without making decent profits on players (unless they shock us all), and all in a crumbling dump with rubbish aging crowds. 

Where do they get their deluded expectations from?

29 minutes ago, TheReds said:

Even if they stay up, it will be the same again next season. If they have a decent season next season and even manage to get in the top half, they will no doubt have a load of loanees again that will all be gone at the end of the season. All of this whilst still losing a fortune, without making decent profits on players (unless they shock us all), and all in a crumbling dump with rubbish aging crowds. 

Where do they get their deluded expectations from?

It`s what they do.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gert Mare said:

AssChat is a lovely read at the moment, especially their "Relegation" thread.

Squabbling amongst themselves about who is more "Faithful and Truer". Chippenham Gas must be a gurt "Ted".

They see themselves as a club that should be "yo-yoing" between League One and The Championship based on zero evidence of any potential whatsoever other than they see it as their "God Given Right".

At least one Sag has stated the correct information that they are indeed a "yo-yoing" club, but between League One and League Two (with a bit of Non-League sprinkled over the top).

Why can't they just admit that League One is their promised land? League One is the Premier League for Sags which is why they are struggling. Don't they realise that it was blindingly obvious that once their entire team of loanees had ****** off back to their parent clubs that Rovers would be preparing to head back down to their rightful level in League Two?

They really need to wake up and recognise how tinpot they are and enjoy the fact that they are spending a season punching well above their weight. Perhaps then they wouldn't be squabbling amongst themselves so much!!

They have been arguing over why some club event isn't taking place at the Mem and if being hosted at the cricket. Turns out the largest room at the mem is quite small circa 200 ish.

Which likely means the proposed 'why don't the club put a night on, and if everyone puts in a couple of quid we can give it to the player who is ill (sorry, his name escapes me).

The player in question is the poor fella who was diagnosed with cancer (something I wouldn't wish on anyone), but if the best their supporters can come with to help him is four hundred quid in loose change then you have to worry about how committed they are.

Where are the proper fund raiding activities? The golf days, the fishing competition, the marathon runs, they should have something on every game to help the lad and his family.

55 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They have been arguing over why some club event isn't taking place at the Mem and if being hosted at the cricket. Turns out the largest room at the mem is quite small circa 200 ish.

Which likely means the proposed 'why don't the club put a night on, and if everyone puts in a couple of quid we can give it to the player who is ill (sorry, his name escapes me).

The player in question is the poor fella who was diagnosed with cancer (something I wouldn't wish on anyone), but if the best their supporters can come with to help him is four hundred quid in loose change then you have to worry about how committed they are.

Where are the proper fund raiding activities? The golf days, the fishing competition, the marathon runs, they should have something on every game to help the lad and his family.

Didnt the supporters club secretary "look after" funds once upon a time.... 

Are any of them discussing Plymouth's financial results, published today? 

Some starters to get the conversation going could be the following lines taken from the accompanying report:

image.png.b38c48d29056be8cf07779f8552f6269.png

Other highlights include:

"Turnover in the year was £11.3m – the highest the club has ever achieved and 73% greater than the revenue generated in the 17/18 season."

Or

"The average attendance at Home Park was an impressive 13,130 during 21/22, compared to 10,413 back in 17/18. This coincided with improvements to fan experience at Home Park and also the first full season using the Mayflower Grandstand."

Or

"The Argyle Superstore and online retail also generated record sales of £1.2m - nearly £0.5m (62%) more revenue than in the 2017/18 season."

Or

"Argyle TV launched and in its first year of operation generated £0.4m of net income."

I mean I assume their results will be similar given these are two League 1 clubs. So maybe they'll just sit back and then blow these results out of the water.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Somebody did contact the club about doing a bucket collection (I'm sure most people would be happy to bung a few quid in every home game for the rest of the season).  This would have been easy to organise, I'm sure.   I think the response from the club involved needing to be a registered charity, and do cashless collections. ?

• Admin
25 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Somebody did contact the club about doing a bucket collection (I'm sure most people would be happy to bung a few quid in every home game for the rest of the season).  This would have been easy to organise, I'm sure.   I think the response from the club involved needing to be a registered charity, and do cashless collections. ?

At least it progressed because on Arse chat earlier in the week someone posted how the club hadn't responded to their request