IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, TheReds said:

Even if they stay up, it will be the same again next season. If they have a decent season next season and even manage to get in the top half, they will no doubt have a load of loanees again that will all be gone at the end of the season. All of this whilst still losing a fortune, without making decent profits on players (unless they shock us all), and all in a crumbling dump with rubbish aging crowds. 

Where do they get their deluded expectations from?

Just look at their record transfer fee paid. Back to a long, long time ago when even their hero Windyass didnt have a pot belly, they could give it large with half of a Double Diamond shandy with a Babycham chaser and with a packet of Spangles in their pocket whilst listening to Jimmy Saville on medium wave.

That should tell all of their dwindling old 1970's **** wits all they need to know. They are a nothing club with a history of doing nothing.

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Swede said:

Just look at their record transfer fee paid. Back to a long, long time ago when even their hero Windyass didnt have a pot belly, they could give it large with half of a Double Diamond shandy with a Babycham chaser and with a packet of Spangles in their pocket whilst listening to Jimmy Saville on medium wave.

That should tell all of their dwindling old 1970's **** wits all they need to know. They are a nothing club with a history of doing nothing.

images.jpeg-3.jpg

images.jpeg-2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

So many disrespectful comments,not just aimed at Exeter. Looking forward to an Exeter win and Barton's comments after the game. 

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I've rarely read such utter bollox! Posting that article in the Exeter dressing room will be sufficient motivation for their players, which (in addition to the clear gulf in quality) should hopefully see another Sag loss.

Roll on tomorrow!!!

Pin this up on the wall of the Exeter dressing room … "You can imagine Exeter is not the most desirable location for a young footballer because it’s the a*** end of the country," Barton explained … "But places like Accrington, Fleetwood and Exeter, when you end up there as a player, you realise you’re at skid row. Nobody really wants to be there and everybody wants to get out and get to a big city club. Bristol Rovers are a big city club … “

When asked about the origins of the rift between the coaches at Rovers and Exeter, Barton said a tongue-in-cheek offer to buy the Devon club was not well received. 

"They were beating us 4-0 after 20 minutes and then 5-0 at half time," Barton recalled. "I don’t like losing games, I didn’t like that feeling so there were words exchanged. I think I told them I would buy Exeter and remove them from their job, which probably was not the best thing to say, but as it’s a fan-owned club and I’m a relatively wealthy individual, I think that got their goat up and they stuffed us twice.”

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

He says in one breath that he respects Exeter City blah blah but spends the rest of the article not just slagging them off but the City itself. Exeter is a lovely city and compared to North Bristol its f@ckin paradise!

I'm not sure what Barton is trying to achieve by spouting such tripe. 'I'm a relatively wealthy individual' wtaf is that all about? If I was the owner I'd be embarrassed. If I was a six fingered, web-toed, sister sh@ger I'd be embarrassed.

PS: Joey please stay.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, supercidered said:

He says in one breath that he respects Exeter City blah blah but spends the rest of the article not just slagging them off but the City itself. Exeter is a lovely city and compared to North Bristol its f@ckin paradise!

I'm not sure what Barton is trying to achieve by spouting such tripe. 'I'm a relatively wealthy individual' wtaf is that all about? If I was the owner I'd be embarrassed. If I was a six fingered, web-toed, sister sh@ger I'd be embarrassed.

PS: Joey please stay.

Then thank your lucky stars you're not. Because if you were, you'd be lapping that shit up, just like the rest of the dribblers.

Never have a manager and a fanbase suited each other more.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Pin this up on the wall of the Exeter dressing room … "You can imagine Exeter is not the most desirable location for a young footballer because it’s the a*** end of the country," Barton explained … "But places like Accrington, Fleetwood and Exeter, when you end up there as a player, you realise you’re at skid row. Nobody really wants to be there and everybody wants to get out and get to a big city club. Bristol Rovers are a big city club … “

When asked about the origins of the rift between the coaches at Rovers and Exeter, Barton said a tongue-in-cheek offer to buy the Devon club was not well received. 

"They were beating us 4-0 after 20 minutes and then 5-0 at half time," Barton recalled. "I don’t like losing games, I didn’t like that feeling so there were words exchanged. I think I told them I would buy Exeter and remove them from their job, which probably was not the best thing to say, but as it’s a fan-owned club and I’m a relatively wealthy individual, I think that got their goat up and they stuffed us twice.”

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, never in the history of football has one manager been so well suited to the club he works for and the majority of it’s supporters.

He’s probably trying to be funny but ends up coming across as an odious maggot.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Big city club? My arse. They’re a shitty little club which happens to be geographically located within the boundaries of a big city. There’s a world of difference. 

The funny thing is, Rovers…that ‘big City club’…have had players swerving them every Summer for years, some even opting for Non League rather than pull on ‘dA fAmouz qUarterz’.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

The funny thing is, Rovers…that ‘big City club’…have had players swerving them every Summer for years, some even opting for Non League rather than pull on ‘dA fAmouz qUarterz’.

In all fairness, didn't they almost sign Neymar a few years ago?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, never in the history of football has one manager been so well suited to the club he works for and the majority of it’s supporters.

He’s probably trying to be funny but ends up coming across as an odious maggot.

If it walk's like a duck and quacks like a duck...

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

What an arrogant piece of shit

"I'm a relatively wealthy individual" aka someone who thinks they are untouchable ........ maybe becoming clearer how he gets away with so many of his court appearances

• Like 5

Cue another pasting, will this ****t never learn ?

Such a humble man isn't he