IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

8 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Talking of people taking the piss, I did smile at the QPR fans singing “You’re Welsh and you know you are …” which was a new one on me. 

I remember we suffered that "vitriol" years ago at Watford, wittily responding with "You're French and you know you are..."

Equally relevant I'd suggest...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Obviously!

Originality of all QPR chants 0/10. 

For a large away contingent, seated in a part of the ground that amplifies songs and celebrating winning a game, I thought they were quite quiet apart from immediately after goals.

The blahhhhness of their support is exemplified by me just catching a whisper of "is this a library" sung by about 10 blokes with the voices of church mice. I sit 30 yards from the Atyeo, but I could barely hear this attempted taunt. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Amazing !

You'd think, wow, they must be absolutely shocking in attack,and, with that sort of record ,they must be falling through the divisions at a rate of knots.

I'm no statistician, but given the large sample size, there MUST be more to this than rank bad luck!

Exactly, we (certainly up to Saturday anyway) were the top scorers in the division and also were in the top 6 last season I believe so it just doesn't stack up. What I would have expected was no penalties at the end of the Johnson period, Holden period and start of the Pearson period because we regularly got battered in games, despite coming away with results from time to time, and barely had a shot on goal let alone get into the opposition penalty area with any regularity. How many first halves did we go without getting a shot on target? It was a stupid number at one point and you can't expect to win penalties playing like that. However, for this to continue over the last 15 months when the one thing our team does have, if nothing else, is a genuine and regular goalscoring threat beggars belief. Mike Jones must have us on speed dial.

• Like 1

Driving back from Albert Road towards the M32 earlier, there was an illuminated sign warning of congestion and delays near the Memorial Stadium tonight due to a match being on.

Curiosity just got the better of me and I looked on the BBC website, they play in the Mama Mia cup or whatever it’s called these days against Palace U21’s.

Hardly a crowd puller!

Also, in case you were wondering, the new stadium at the fruit market isn’t quite finished yet.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

Driving back from Albert Road towards the M32 earlier, there was an illuminated sign warning of congestion and delays near the Memorial Stadium tonight due to a match being on.

Curiosity just got the better of me and I looked on the BBC website, they play in the Mama Mia cup or whatever it’s called these days against Palace U21’s.

Hardly a crowd puller!

Also, in case you were wondering, the new stadium at the fruit market isn’t quite finished yet.

it will get delayed over winter due to short working hours and cost of electric for lights too high

The bloke is so condescending. Basically slagging off young kids from Palace Academy. He was bitter because the OAP Whelan got himself sent off. He basically said none of the Palace players would make it in pro football and would end up in a civilian job. They only beat them 2-0 so shows how good they are also. Bloke is an absolute bell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, richyy66 said:

The bloke is so condescending. Basically slagging off young kids from Palace Academy. He was bitter because the OAP Whelan got himself sent off. He basically said none of the Palace players would make it in pro football and would end up in a civilian job. They only beat them 2-0 so shows how good they are also. Bloke is an absolute bell.

He just cannot help himself. Give him a mic and the guy cannot resist showing the world what a shithouse he is. Will probably sign two of them on loan next season….

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Calls it a totally pointless competition, then immediately says it’s handy for them to look at prem players they’d want to loan. 

Had to mute the radio towards the end of it. Bloke is such a tw*t it’s unreal

Actually said that he wishes they didn't have to enter the competition where his team of stars risk injury and suspension against teams of young kids looking to impress whoever might be watching them. Also said he would play his own youth team in the next game, even though they have a chance of progressing .

Just now, CrackingCheeseGromit said:

Actually said that he wishes they didn't have to enter the competition where his team of stars risk injury and suspension against teams of young kids looking to impress whoever might be watching them. Also said he would play his own youth team in the next game, even though they have a chance of progressing .

He also said that pulling a player back by the collar is extemely dangerous.

Would that be more dangerous than stubbing a lit cigar out in a boys eye Joey?

• Haha 1