IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Spoonbed said:

I’m almost ashamed to say, but I watched the first half( obvs not in the flesh) and gotta say, I thought they looked quite good. Posh were pish mind!

Coburn looked a real handful 

You’re almost ashamed to say!  That’s a disgrace. Have you no pride? You should be completely ashamed and should be begging forgiveness 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BS3City said:

Watched a bit on a dodgy stream for a spell (switched off when I started to feel ill). A few subs coming on, you could see the knuckle draggers stood behind the dugouts. Seriously couldn't see anyone under 50.

Age not IQ obviously...

Which,,in the opinion of a few of the more enlightened of our friends over on gas chat is a problem....

Youngsters are being attracted to Ashton Gate for the obvious reasons!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

Good win in fairness. Despite what many think they aren't getting relegated

Definitely won’t, but the hype around ‘r Joey’ and what he’s ‘building’ according to Bristol Post/Radio Bris genuinely baffles me. If they were doing what, say, Exeter are doing this season - totally get it. But they’re comfortably bottom half getting gates of 8k. Under Trollope/Clarke I actually admired them from afar, and were far more deserving of such acclaims then than now. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

It's strange that none of them EVER mention our support, which can be three times as big ?

The strangest thing is that they have a pinned thread on their forum all about attendances and predictions of them. It's such a weird obsession, I love going to see the City play and it's great there are lots of others there enjoying it too, but I still loved the City and enjoyed going when there were 6000 in the bottom division. How many other fans are in the ground has never swayed my own support.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We're a good side :}

We may well be in the lower half of the division, but we are good to watch.

My prediction is now Joey isn’t at risk of a custodial, someone will poach him in spring as Rovers are really pushing for top 6.

Step forward everyone favourite, Ian Holloway, who despite much fanfare sees Rovers miss out on the final day.  Next season, the departure of ALL the football operations staff in the summer to follow their meal ticket Joey, makes a right old mess of pre season preparations.  

Al Fraudy tries to shore up the squad in Jan with some eye wateringly expensive 3 figure signings and the inevitable relegation follows. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

My prediction is now Joey isn’t at risk of a custodial, someone will poach him in spring as Rovers are really pushing for top 6.

Step forward everyone favourite, Ian Holloway, who despite much fanfare sees Rovers miss out on the final day.  Next season, the departure of ALL the football operations staff in the summer to follow their meal ticket Joey, makes a right old mess of pre season preparations.  

Al Fraudy tries to shore up the squad in Jan with some eye wateringly expensive 3 figure signings and the inevitable relegation follows. 

Even today, you couldn't sell the whole squad to pay for another Tillson

• Haha 1

Before they start crawling out from under their 1970's time warp let's put things into perspective here. The fact that Tilson is still their record signing some THIRTY YEARS later tells you all you need to know about that poxy little club.

It's nothing to do with overspending either.

Back in 1992 the average house price was £68,000.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Swede said:

Before they start crawling out from under their 1970's time warp let's put things into perspective here. The fact that Tilson is still their record signing some THIRTY YEARS later tells you all you need to know about that poxy little club.

It's nothing to do with overspending either.

Back in 1992 the average house price was £68,000.

You certainly have much more money than us and have spent far, far more on players.

Just out of interest, in those 30 years since we signed Tillson, how much have City spent and how far has it got them in terms of league position?

• Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

You certainly have much more money than us and have spent far, far more on players.

Just out of interest, in those 30 years since we signed Tillson, how much have City spent and how far has it got them in terms of league position?

Well we can't help our owners habbits. But thats the difference between us. Nearly 17 years of tier 2 football? and what 1 for you? falling out of the football league too. No doubt we should have at least been in the playoffs again with the money spent. However when you compare to the sums spent by other clubs in that division its not even bad. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Whatever we spent enabled us to remain in the league. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

9 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

It’s got us mainly a damned sight more enjoyable football, against superior opposition in an inordinately superior league against far bigger teams (with crowds you can only dream of) than the shower of shite you’ve been watching that’s for sure.  But then you know that.  Keep trying to pretend it doesn’t bother you though.   

Edited by lenred
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 2