IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

24 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The bitterness continues…

Well, that was all very disappointing folks but a shock? not really, given their record in the competition and our ability to oblige the 'shock' seekers, all very predictable, BUT the result will not define our season, few good league results and it will soon be forgotten, well done to Boreham Wood, hope their fans had a great day and they get a good 3erd round draw, nice easy one like Bristol City away, nice ground to visit and very winnable!”

How are we getting dragged into that? ?

On 21/11/2022 at 18:44, Miah Dennehy said:

We are prone to leak goals the way we play, but out of those 'better sides' only Derby took advantage. I'm not saying we're going up or even finish top half, but we ARE good to watch and I would give us a chance against anyone atm.

….unless the opponent is Non-League of course ?

I didn’t agree with what you said, but I must admit I’ve changed my view after today….You are GREAT to watch. I haven’t enjoyed watching you so much since Chesham.

Thanks for the early christmas gift from the kings of gift giving.

? 

• Haha 7

I am assuming by the possession stats, that their lovely manager will say that Boreham Wood played "the wrong sort of football, and can't expect consistent success playing that way" ?

I was going to say that at least they lost to a team riding high in their league, but I haven't checked their league recently and have realised that they are in a poor run of form.

image.thumb.png.188d7970636d9af130788a2ecb63ab9b.png

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I feel sorry for the Boreham Wood supporters. When they were drawn away to a League One team they probably expected an away day to a good stadium. Unfortunately, they found themselves at the Minimal Stadium, which isn’t really National League standard.  

Boreham Wood's stadium is actually quite nice, just very small. Funded very heavily by their link to Arsenal.

And pretty much their first choice side bar one or two, don’t forget they’re coming for us ?

5 minutes ago, TBW said:

Boreham Wood's stadium is actually quite nice, just very small. Funded very heavily by their link to Arsenal.

Agree, was there a few weeks ago and very impressed with the set up 

Radio Bristol commentators basically saying managers aren’t judged on the FA Cup and everyone would rather 3 points in the league. What is their fixation on defending their golden Rovers at any opportunity? “A top 10 finish is on the cards at the very least” Jesus wept 

Edited by petehinton

49 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

The bitterness continues…

Well, that was all very disappointing folks but a shock? not really, given their record in the competition and our ability to oblige the 'shock' seekers, all very predictable, BUT the result will not define our season, few good league results and it will soon be forgotten, well done to Boreham Wood, hope their fans had a great day and they get a good 3erd round draw, nice easy one like Bristol City away, nice ground to visit and very winnable!”

Haha - of course it’s a shock when a team from League One lose to a side two divisions lower, you prize Gas helmet.

At least he got the nice ground to visit part right though, not like that slag heap that BW probably thought is worse than most of the grounds they go to on a week to week basis.

???

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Radio Bristol commentators basically saying managers aren’t judged on the FA Cup and everyone would rather 3 points in the league. What is their fixation on defending their golden Rovers at any opportunity? “A top 10 finish is on the cards at the very least” Jesus wept 

It’s properly weird.

I wondered this with Sam Frost, the sycophant who reports for the Post, do you think because of his history they’re scared of him?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, petehinton said:

And if they`d won:

`A great chance to draw a big side in round three and a much-needed boost to club finances and who knows. they could go even further. Cup runs build confidence for the league.`

• Like 1