IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

On the FA Cup MOTD programme last night they showed the Boreham Wood players celebrating in their dressing room. Now I know that football clubs tend to provide visiting teams with smaller, more humble dressing rooms but theirs still had the ‘kin brooms in there. What a shithole, inside and out. 

Yeah, but the home dressing rooms are twice as nice ...... nearly :whistle2:

1836333434_Screenshot2022-11-29at08_12_07.png.aae0e52058be1279771c7c656b5b88f1.png

EDIT

I thought some of you might enjoy the tour by Bristol World, some really dodgy editing and even dodgier buildings. They do have about 6 nice padded seats though. 

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

1836333434_Screenshot2022-11-29at08_12_07.png.aae0e52058be1279771c7c656b5b88f1.png

EDIT

I thought some of you might enjoy the tour by Bristol World, some really dodgy editing and even dodgier buildings. They do have about 6 nice padded seats though. 

Where to start?

The trophy cabinet?

Screenshot_20221129-085617.thumb.jpg.bfeb8071f9b19b76d9512797cd6e630f.jpg

That dirge of a song about a murdered prostitute?

"Hearing 9-10,000 Gasheads singing on match days. (Even Adam doesn't look old enough to have ever heard that).

The players bath.

But most of all, WTAF is this?

Screenshot_20221129-085204.jpg.f540df72e923f75c42369c3c72063ae6.jpg

I went to Portishead's ground on Saturday and they would be embarrassed if they had something like that on the side of the pitch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

57 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Where to start?

The trophy cabinet?

"Hearing 9-10,000 Gasheads singing on match days. (Even Adam doesn't look old enough to have ever heard that).

The players bath.

I went to Portishead's ground on Saturday and they would be embarrassed if they had something like that on the side of the pitch.

I always thought them to be a tinpot organisation but I didn’t honestly believe them to likely be quite so backward - from the 1970’s bath (no doubt referred to internally as the hydrotherapy pool) to the pitchside air raid shelter to the Glastonbury style fanzone to the Sistene Chapel toilet block. What a ‘kin mess. 

Must also be nice for Wael’s guests in the Presidential Box to be welcomed by the North Korean style photograph of mine host as they crowd around the table tucking into their lasagne. :noexp:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Where to start?

The trophy cabinet?

The players bath.

All looks championship ready to me ?

• Haha 2

This really elevates the word ‘ tinpot’ to another level. 
They are locked into a 1960’s time warp. Watching this video was like watching a football nostalgia programme. 
From the ikea  ‘trophy’ cabinet , passing by the plastic ‘ Rovers’ carrier bags and the team bath it really was a laugh a minute.

Any kid hearing the roar of the faithful would become a Rover’s fan for life. :rofl2br:
On a serious noté their misguided  community chappie is a credit to them. He probably deserves better. 

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Where to start?

The trophy cabinet?

The players bath.

Sorry. I have to correct you there. It's a dirge about a bloke who is going to kill himself because his girlfriend is a prostitute. 

• Like 1

**** me, fair play to anyone who managed to watch much of that Bristol World video.

The one with the kit man is off the scale North Korea.

”I know we can’t talk about the court case, but do you think Barton is misunderstood?” “Is he building something special?” Basically this is as biased as anything ever printed by Sam Frost.

Maggs is on Twitter & never fails to try & get a dig in about us, all banter, though isn’t it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

That video....I never expected Wembley but.....

It is a bit like when you have friends over so you tidy up the lounge but they end up seeing inside the the garage.

Behind the scenes never ends well.

Also I forgot to mention, the "Fanzone", I mean, they have just opened the fire exit doors of the club bar into the car park and wheeled in a stage similar to ours, haven't they? 

Do they have concessions there on a match day? If so, it wouldn't leave much room for anything else.

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

EDIT

You can take the club out of Non League but you can’t take the Non League out of the club ?

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Sorry. I have to correct you there. It's a dirge about a bloke who is going to kill himself because his girlfriend is a prostitute. 

I thought he wanted to top himself because he was in love with an underage girl? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I thought he wanted to top himself because he was in love with an underage girl? 

You're thinking of Jamie Cureton. No, the husband of "Irene" alludes to taking a fatal dose of morphine (drowning himself in some versions) because she might leave him for another man. 

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

EDIT

Haven't they heard of  "Don't wash your dirty linen in public"?

No matter how hard they try, they'll never get rid of the skidmarks and stench.

I imagine they were foolishly doing high fives sixes when they finished filming.

The very definition of tin pot.

Its best to watch the video with the sound turned down.

I must've missed the Watney Cup in the wall cupboard trophy cabinet. Must be behind a box of babestation videos.

Stark painted breeze block walls to give that homely prisoner cell block H feel, very nice. I am sure the manager feels at home.

His "office" looks like a cupboard. All part of the temporary portakabin look. Very 1970's

A very revealing view of the "facilities" on offer so any visiting fan who thought it was a shit hole from the outside, we can assure you its just the same on the inside.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

because she might leave him for another man. 

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Because I've never known, or really cared about the story before, I had to Google the lyrics. Can't see anything about a Prostitute , but the early versions mentions being "too young"
Leadbelly 1908;
I asked your mother for you
She told me that you was too young
I wish dear Lord that I'd never seen your face
I'm sorry you ever were born

The early versions seem to have the "To jump into the river and drown" line , which is the one I heard originally. Eric Clapton apparently did a version which mentions Morphine, can't say I have ever heard that version. 

One thing we can all agree on is, they've taken the song (like it or not) and destroyed it. Dirge does not do it justice .

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

**** me, fair play to anyone who managed to watch much of that Bristol World video.

The one with the kit man is off the scale North Korea.

”I know we can’t talk about the court case, but do you think Barton is misunderstood?” “Is he building something special?” Basically this is as biased as anything ever printed by Sam Frost.

Maggs is on Twitter & never fails to try & get a dig in about us, all banter, though isn’t it?

The funny thing is that Neil Maggs is a regular in the Lansdown Stand...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

EDIT

Edited by Taz
Forced myself to watch that. Jesus christ what a shit hole. Is this supposed to be positive PR?

9 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

EDIT

Their lack of self awareness from top to bottom in that club beggars belief. I used to think them posting shit like this was next level trolling but I realised long ago they're just tinpot zoomers. 

• Like 2