IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

52 minutes ago, In the Net said:

You must be worn out, carrying that chip on your shoulder all the time.  Churning out the same old dirge.

Nobody who has attended football regularly over the years would deny that "their club", whoever that may be, has a nasty element amongst the support. 

I think the point is Netty, that most of us are realists and recognize we have a few idiots still. We as supporters don't go around with our heads in the sand and using terms like "family club". The club itself might like to think that way, but there are usually at least a couple of incidents a season that keep that thinking in check.

1 hour ago, In the Net said:

You must be worn out, carrying that chip on your shoulder all the time.  Churning out the same old dirge.

Nobody who has attended football regularly over the years would deny that "their club", whoever that may be, has a nasty element amongst the support. 

There’s no denying though that through the years, Sags have promoted their Club as a ‘family club’ and City as having a major hooligan problem - aided and abetted by The Post.

This is what irks us.

Your element probably, as a percentage of your total support, is larger than ours and, particularly when up against modest opposition (frequently), are worse behaved than our lot.

Ask any supporter of a Club in the South-West which of the two Bristol Clubs are worse for supporter behaviour at their grounds. You might find you aren’t as ‘loved’ as you think you are…. dispelling the ‘everyone’s favoured Bristol team’ myth too. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 3

21 minutes ago, RedRock said:

There’s no denying though that through the years, Sags have promoted their Club as a ‘family club’ and City as having a major hooligan problem - aided and abetted by The Post.

This is what irks us.

Your element probably, as a percentage of your total support, is larger than ours and, particularly when up against modest opposition (frequently), are worse behaved than our lot.

Ask any supporter of a Club in the South-West which of the two Bristol Clubs are worse for supporter behaviour at their grounds. You might find you aren’t as ‘loved’ as you think you are…. dispelling the ‘everyone’s favoured Bristol team’ myth too. 

Spot on.

The problem with Gasheads is that they are always 'the victim'. They're not. So why do they always look to blame someone else?

I've said it before, when you look back at the 1996 incident where City fans spilled onto the pitch and kicked Rovers players as they headed for the tunnel (which I'm not condoning in any way shape or form by the way - it was despicable), the Gasheads simply blamed City supporters for everything that happened that day.

What they failed to take into account (which the video shows on YouTube by the way) is following Peter Beadle's late equaliser it was Rovers supporters who entered the field of play initially to celebrate the goal and throw abuse and gesticulate offensively at City fans in the Dolman Stand. If they had stayed in the stand it is highly unlikely that things would have escalated the way they did, certainly inside of the ground anyway.

But Gasheads played the victim and they seem to do it quite a lot. They are no more of a 'family club' than we are and they aren't holier than thou which is another thing that they bang on about as a difference between Gasheads and Gurt 'Teds and which is why they choose to be a racist horse puncher every day of the week rather than be an 'arrogant', 'spit at your own players' sheed.

There wouldn't be nearly 3,000 pages on this thread if Gasheads didn't set themselves up all of the time by spurting this garbage only for it to come back and bite them in the arse time and time again. It's no wonder we mock as much as we do when Gasheads are so utterly deluded about everything related to their club. 

Long may it continue though. It's ******* hilarious.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

3 hours ago, freezer said:

Well, at least we've got a pot to piss in. 

Have you got any interior urinals at your dump of a ground? 

The Phlemorial is renowned for it's recycling initiatives.

Have you noticed the yellow stuff coming out of the sprinklers they use to wet the pitch?

That's why their opponents take the piss.

9 hours ago, glynriley said:

Anyone fancy standing out in the cold on Saturday night…

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/support-england-at-the-mem-this-saturday/

Tinpot. 

Seems to be going down like a cup of cold sick on their forum 

https://gaschat.co.uk/thread/20455/jumbo-screen-mem-england-match?page=1

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I think the point is Netty, that most of us are realists and recognize we have a few idiots still. We as supporters don't go around with our heads in the sand and using terms like "family club". The club itself might like to think that way, but there are usually at least a couple of incidents a season that keep that thinking in check.

The reality is that there are no "family clubs" if we use idiot fans as a measurement, even some of the non-league clubs have an "element" unfortunately. One of the clubs who tries their hardest to do things to benefit the local community is Millwall, they have done for years, but are still tarnished by the "hooligan" reputation. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RedRock said:

This is what irks us.

So it's okay to measure our undesirable element as a percentage of our total support for comparative purposes, to show that we have a larger percentage than you - but not okay to measure our away support as a percentage of our total support for comparative purposes, as we have a larger percentage than you?  Are you a politician, they manipulate the stats to fit the agenda too.  ?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, In the Net said:

So it's okay to measure our undesirable element as a percentage of our total support for comparative purposes, to show that we have a larger percentage than you - but not okay to measure our away support as a percentage of our total support for comparative purposes, as we have a larger percentage than you?  Are you a politician, they manipulate the stats to fit the agenda too.  ?

Not at all.

You're welcome to measure your away support as a percentage of your home support but it doesn’t change the fact that all it proves is that your home support is poor.

• Like 11

23 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Not a politician as I’m quite willing to accept that you have some ok away followings for a South West team in the Third Division - all be it a very poor second to Plymouth’s, who have far greater distances to travel.

11 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Not at all.

You're welcome to measure your away support as a percentage of your home support but it doesn’t change the fact that all it proves is that your home support is poor.

We've always had a smaller attendance than you have at Ashton Gate, you're not exactly delivering any ground breaking news.  Although it's not necessarily "poor" for League One.

I don't follow the attendance figures avidly, the post just made me laugh as the poster was using a method which a lost of posters on here have said is not legitimate.

11 hours ago, RedRock said:

Not a politician as I’m quite willing to accept that you have some ok away followings for a South West team in the Third Division - all be it a very poor second to Plymouth’s, who have far greater distances to travel.

Fair play to Plymouth, they are flying and have a good travelling support. 

18 hours ago, In the Net said:

The reality is that there are no "family clubs" if we use idiot fans as a measurement, even some of the non-league clubs have an "element" unfortunately. One of the clubs who tries their hardest to do things to benefit the local community is Millwall, they have done for years, but are still tarnished by the "hooligan" reputation. 

Unfortunately, the "rep" still attracts racists and arseholes from across the UK*, so, yeah, some of the biggest ******* I ever met when I lived in London were 'Wall fans. 

* Take Sidcup-born, Middlesbrough brought up, Wiltshire-domiciled media columnist and wife-beater Rod Liddle. Where else other than a Millwall online forum would you be able to get away with "jokes" about Auschwitz and calls for black people to be "repatriated". 

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Unfortunately, the "rep" still attracts racists and arseholes from across the UK*, so, yeah, some of the biggest ******* I ever met when I lived in London were 'Wall fans. 

When I became very keen on football when living in central London I used to go to City games but not every weekend as there was so much travel involved hence I decided to pick a London team to follow and went to a game at each to try them.

Millwall was crossed right off the list after one game. It was a pain to get to, you were walking through a rough housing estate, and the fans were mostly gobshites threatening the away supporters.

I settled on Fulham because it had a terrace and I could stand, plus there was a lovely view of the Thames or when the game was dull.

Then Al Fayed took over with his big money ways so I switched to QPR; I don't like big money clubs hence Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs were already ruled out.

I genuinely cannot see how anyone wanting a pleasant Saturday afternoon watching live football in London would choose to go to Millwall unless they lived locally or had family connections.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

When I became very keen on football when living in central London I used to go to City games but not every weekend as there was so much travel involved hence I decided to pick a London team to follow and went to a game at each to try them.

Millwall was crossed right off the list after one game. It was a pain to get to, you were walking through a rough housing estate, and the fans were mostly gobshites threatening the away supporters.

I settled on Fulham because it had a terrace and I could stand, plus there was a lovely view of the Thames or when the game was dull.

Then Al Fayed took over with his big money ways so I switched to QPR; I don't like big money clubs hence Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs were already ruled out.

I genuinely cannot see how anyone wanting a pleasant Saturday afternoon watching live football in London would choose to go to Millwall unless they lived locally or had family connections.

After Wimbledon moved to Selhurst Park, I attended a few Brentford games with a mate, but also got the occasional freebie to Stamford Bridge - not that I'd ever call myself a Chelsea fan. In fact, I was there when a Ranieri era Chelsea got dicked over by Arsenal in the Cup and thoroughly enjoyed the moroseness and anger of the guys sat around me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

After Wimbledon moved to Selhurst Park, I attended a few Brentford games with a mate, but also got the occasional freebie to Stamford Bridge - not that I'd ever call myself a Chelsea fan. In fact, I was there when a Ranieri era Chelsea got dicked over by Arsenal in the Cup and thoroughly enjoyed the moroseness and anger of the guys sat around me. 

Brentford was a friendly little club but too far for me to travel compared to the the others. I went there once when City played.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Brentford was a friendly little club but too far for me to travel compared to the the others. I went there once when City played.

So did I once we lost 5-1I haven't felt like repeating the experience though I envy those that were there the day we got battered for 93 minutes and won 1-0 with the last kick of the game, our only win against them since 2009.

Edited by pillred
Punctuation.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

So did I once we lost 5-1I haven't felt like repeating the experience though I envy those that were there the day we got battered for 93 minutes and won with the last kick of the game.

I went there when Mick Harford scored with a header from the edge of the penalty area. Lovely day out. :)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, In the Net said:

Forget about %, you are just smaller, all round ! ?

• Haha 1

On 07/12/2022 at 08:22, glynriley said:

Anyone fancy standing out in the cold on Saturday night…

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2022/december/support-england-at-the-mem-this-saturday/

Tinpot. 

"The screen will be located behind the goal at the Thatchers end of the ground, allowing fans to stand on the north terrace and watch the game as if you were there!"

???