IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

38 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Be good if, with the hand of true friendship, some retired or semi-retired shithead tradesmen or women could offer assistance and really f’ck up their plumbing and electrics. 

Well to be fair, there isn't much else left for anybody to **** up is there?

Alternatively just leave everything as it currently is, and they'll manage to do it without anybodies help..  

I am not an electrician myself but I am pretty sure they need to work to the latest issue of the electrical regulations. Employing a retired electrician whose knowledge is out of date to actually do that trade might not end well.

'Keeping your hand in...' is not something you want to be doing when public safety is at risk.

From the web:-

If you don't have the 18th Edition, or don't know what the regulations include, your installations may not meet the current standard, which could mean that your installations are unsafe or inefficient.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Coombsy said:

“It’s still our aim to be in (a new ground) in 2 years time. We have identified one site we’re very interested in, the site at the fruit market. Technical work on the planning process is underway.” @waelalqadi tells Saturday Sport

this was in 2019 things take time ?

1250 days and counting since the nice man promised them a home to be prowed (sic) of. How could they ever doubt him though?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I am not an electrician myself but I am pretty sure they need to work to the latest issue of the electrical regulations. Employing a retired electrician whose knowledge is out of date to actually do that trade might not end well.

'Keeping your hand in...' is not something you want to be doing when public safety is at risk.

If you don't have the 18th Edition, or don't know what the regulations include, your installations may not meet the current standard, which could mean that your installations are unsafe or inefficient.

Pretty sure that would be deemed ‘negligence’ by their insurer. 

Anyhows, crack on The Rovers. Tinpot you are not… be asking for care home residents to fix their gas supplies next.

15 hours ago, Coombsy said:

“It’s still our aim to be in (a new ground) in 2 years time. We have identified one site we’re very interested in, the site at the fruit market. Technical work on the planning process is underway.” @waelalqadi tells Saturday Sport

this was in 2019 things take time ?

Still could happen, but if nothing is agreed this year then it probably won't. As ever the problem with Rovers is commitment to spending their own money to get something done. Sale of their main asset (the Mem) alone won't be enough to finance a land deal and new stadium. 

They've been quite unlucky too with this recession hitting and construction costs dramatically increasing. Not many land deals are being done, period. So I can understand their reluctance.

Never mind!

4 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

1780893531.jpg

From The Football Manager Guide to ... Football Management:-

"If you don't have the 18th Edition, or don't know what the regulations include, your football managers may not meet the current standard, which could mean that your football managers are unsafe or inefficient and/or violent"

15 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Is this a legit page of theirs?

How naff does that look? No offence to the older folk?

Is that them basically saying they're not willing to pay for full time handymen/electricians, or even to engage proper companies if they are needed? 

All of this goes against somewhat the image of the Chairman as a billionaire owner....

How can they afford to build a new stadium, if there're not willing to pay for the maintenance of a the current one?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Still could happen, but if nothing is agreed this year then it probably won't. As ever the problem with Rovers is commitment to spending their own money to get something done. Sale of their main asset (the Mem) alone won't be enough to finance a land deal and new stadium. 

They've been quite unlucky too with this recession hitting and construction costs dramatically increasing. Not many land deals are being done, period. So I can understand their reluctance.

Never mind!

Not so much reluctance as not having the money then.

37 minutes ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

oooooops! I said I would be happy to rewire Santa's Grotto for them, totally free of charge ...

gallery-garbagefire1.JPG

That old common issue with a rewire where you mix the live wire up with the petrol..... ?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Is that them basically saying they're not willing to pay for full time handymen/electricians, or even to engage proper companies if they are needed? 

All of this goes against somewhat the image of the Chairman as a billionaire owner....

How can they afford to build a new stadium, if there're not willing to pay for the maintenance of a the current one?

As @Open End Numb Legs rightly pointed out, any alternations or additions to any Electrical work will need to be signed off and met to the current regs (18th Edition). 

How they’ve worded that article looks naff as you like. 

1 hour ago, Galley is our king said:

I could give the electrics a go but am not qualified.

Better not, fancy a city fan causing a fire in one of their stands ‼️‼️

? ? ?....

I’m fully qualified, but I wouldn’t trust that shambles to pay up when asked.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bert tann said:

It's all right the fence is fully paid for now it just needs an electrical connection.

As it's you, we'll also wire up a chair for Joey free of charge. Well, no fee at least .

treehouse of horror 90s GIF

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

As @Open End Numb Legs rightly pointed out, any alternations or additions to any Electrical work will need to be signed off and met to the current regs (18th Edition). 

How they’ve worded that article looks naff as you like. 

Absolutely. I’m a self-employed electrician and there is no such thing as ‘keeping your hand in’ within the electrical game nowadays. Its 2023 not the 1980’s.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 14:13, In the Net said:

As of yesterday, I am cancer free - so you can take the kid gloves off and get back to abusing me! ?

Thank you to everybody for your kind words of support, very much appreciated, I can assure you. 

I'm with you ITN, yesterday was a good day.

Now let's crack on and have a great 2023, not football wise for you though! Hopefully you understand!!!

Cancer can do one!

Thanks everyone for the best wishes most appreciated

• Like 10
  • Robin 6