IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

All the  ‘people’ of Bristol will be wounded tonight with the people’s club losing, albeit against a superior opponent they have a terrible record against.

They should get a chance to put things right very soon in one of their regular  derbies against their fierce rivals over at Ashton (River) Plate

10 hours ago, firstdivision said:

A few from the blue quarter of the city getting carried away in The Times this morning - the giddiness of being in the national press. 

I'll leave you to source JB's wide-ranging, guileless comments and make your own judgements. 

But this from the owner:

“We are crying out for a modern stadium,” al-Qadi says. “What we have now [the Memorial Stadium] is an old, dilapidated rugby stadium. Bristol Rovers are like the Boca Juniors of Bristol, the first club of Bristol — five generations of fans come to games and it’s truly great to have. This my passion, my love.”

And this from the chief executive:

Gorringe moved from Brighton & Hove Albion because he could see Rovers’ potential. “If you look at the city, we are the people’s club of Bristol, hard-working, give everything you’ve got, a community club, authentic, unbelievable fans,”  

Amazing what a few wins can do for your hubris.

I think he means bocco juniors that plays at greenbank road up hnham

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

From the BBC website….

Accrington moved out of the bottom four with a comfortable victory over play-off chasing Bristol Rovers.

Radio Bristol’s Twitter feed, which unusually doesn’t mention their amazing away support today does say the first goal followed a blatant handball.

They do love making excuses for them, don’t they?

2 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Thought this Slaghead was talking about Rovers at first but it turns out he’s talking about their opponents today who have been in the Football League longer than them.

This is why they’re ‘loved’ the World over.

Arrogant belters

BF94C9D8-220F-41FA-9093-1A2A12A642C9.jpeg

At last an honest fewer. He recognises they are a crap little club punching above their weight.