IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

This is the last time I was in the stands for a home league match against the SAGs. It made my Christmas so much better. Especially when Beadle scored. It took away the memories of that awful game in Jan 96 when we lost 2-0 at home and it all kicked off at the end.

Anyway, my actual point is, if our new poster Ashton Hero is under 22 years old, he wouldn't have been alive for a league match between us at Ashton Gate.

The last time we played each other in the league was a 1-1 draw at the campsite on the 3rd April 2001. I can't think of two teams from any other City who have failed to play each other for that long. (Port Vale last played Stoke in the league on the 10th Feb 2002 for example).

In theory, we've now got fans who were born, finished school, got married and had their first child and never watched a league match between us and the blue few.

Taking the piss is the only thing that keeps the relationship on life support.

Enjoy the memory:

27 and I've never seen a league game between the two of us, started going properly when I was 10-12, first game maybe 5-7, I have no memory of them ever being a competitor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Who would you rather have a drink with? Barton is funny, a character and knows his football. Pearson is unfunny, unlikeable and a k*ob, and I have been told this by somebody who knows Vyner. 

You can tell that journalists like Barton, which is one of the reasons he gets so much press. 

Any sane person would rather have a drink with Pearson because if you’re drinking with the thug there’s a good chance you’ll either get a kick in the head or get shoved into a wall.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

A quick question for you. If it wasn't for Lansdown's extensive investment, do you think you would be in a higher league than them?

Or, to put it differently, given the amount that Lansdown has invested in the club, is he not entitled to expect the gap (16 places) to be a lot, lot bigger?

Lansdown had aspirations for you to be a lot, lot bigger than you actually are. When he leaves, my assumption is that equilibrium will bring you back down again. 

He's invested many years of his life and money in to Bristol City, when he leaves he won't be selling it to a charlatan fake billionaire with a nice watch, it'll be to a proper owner, I am very confident in that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bredwood said:

Any sane person would rather have a drink with Pearson because if you’re drinking with the thug there’s a good chance you’ll either get a kick in the head or get shoved into a wall.

Or a cigar put out in your eye.

12 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Who would you rather have a drink with? Barton is funny, a character and knows his football. Pearson is unfunny, unlikeable and a k*ob, and I have been told this by somebody who knows Vyner. 

You can tell that journalists like Barton, which is one of the reasons he gets so much press. 

I would never choose to have a drink with an, alleged, with beater & general crook.

"CCTV showed Barton punching a man twenty times, causing him to lose consciousness, and attacking a teenager, breaking some of his teeth. On 20 May 2008, he was sentenced to six months in jail after pleading guilty for his part in the December 2007 assault."

26 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Any more embarrassing than Pearson's press conferences? Somebody needs to tell him how to speak to people and to learn some manners. JB isn't everybody's cup of tea, but he has a sense of humour and some self-awareness. Pearson comes across as an utterly unlikable k*ob. 

You think Barton is coming over well? You think his press conferences aren't embarrassing? You think having him managing your club isn't embarrassing enough?

13 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

I'd rather have a drink with Pearson, every day of the week, and I'd buy every round, and pay for his taxi home, and then text him to make sure he got home ok, rather than spend 30 seconds in the company of Barton

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

13 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

27 and I've never seen a league game between the two of us, started going properly when I was 10-12, first game maybe 5-7, I have no memory of them ever being a competitor.

It’s embarrassing. Soon you’ll have guys in their 30s to have never witnessed a league derby or any sort of competition.

45 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Lansdown had aspirations for you to be a lot, lot bigger than you actually are. When he leaves, my assumption is that equilibrium will bring you back down again. 

When he leaves, as with everything in life - it moves on, the club will be seen as much better run, better assets like ground with real stands, (not tents flapping in the wind) or an academy set up which is producing a number of very promising footballers and a decent training ground than many others in the EFL. 

The chance to part own the club will attract more suitors than even Irene did on her busiest Saturday night!

28 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Not many people really like their bosses. By nature of the fact the boss decides what to pay you and when to sack you, he’ll never, really, be your ‘mate’. 

Nigel Pearson doesn’t want to be funny and spend his time being narcissistic to get attention from journalists on newspapers who’s business is to write in English yet don’t know how to spell or use grammar correctly - he is a man manager who tries (not always successful) to help people realise their potential on a tough profession (check how many fail to get professional contracts after being with a club since about 8…). 

Anyway, you shouldn’t be on here this time of night, Mummy will be upset you’re not tucked up in bed as you’ve got big school tomorrow. 

Edited by Red DNA
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

He was actually cleared by a court of law, in large part because his wife retracted her initial statement.

How many footballers and football fans have got caught up in incidents like this? Am I correct in recalling that former city players Orr, Partridge and Brooker also served time at her majesty's pleasure? 

14 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

How many footballers and football fans have got caught up in incidents like this? Am I correct in recalling that former city players Orr, Partridge and Brooker also served time at her majesty's pleasure? 

• Assault: In May 2008, Barton pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH) for attacking a man in Liverpool city center. He was sentenced to six months in prison, but was released after serving 74 days.

• Assault: In May 2007, Barton pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH) for punching a teenager in the face in Liverpool city center. He was given a four-month suspended sentence.

• Common Assault: Barton was convicted of common assault in December 2018 for an incident in which he allegedly punched a man in the face at a McDonald's in Liverpool. He was given a 12-month community order and ordered to pay costs.

• Gambling: Barton has had a history of gambling problems, which led to him receiving a fine and a ban from football in 2017.

• Assault on team-mate: In May 2011, Barton was arrested on suspicion of common assault and actual bodily harm following an altercation with a team-mate during a training session. He pleaded guilty to the charge of violent conduct and was subsequently given a six-match ban by the Football Association.

• Twitter Controversy: In 2011, Barton was given a fine by his club for "offensive and derogatory" comments he made on Twitter.

• Conduct towards Manchester City: In May 2012, Barton was given a 12-match ban by the Football Association for his conduct during his final match for Manchester City, which included attacking an opposing player and insulting a team-mate.

• Assault on a police officer: In May 2007, Barton was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer in Liverpool city center. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was given a four-month suspended sentence.

• Fighting at a night club: In December 2007, Barton was arrested on suspicion of assault following a fight at a night club in Liverpool. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was given a four-month suspended sentence.

• In September 2016, Barton was handed an 18-month ban from football by the Football Association (FA) for breaking rules on betting.

• In March 2018, Barton was suspended by his club Fleetwood Town for allegedly placing over 1,200 bets on football matches over a period of 10 years.

• In 2019, Barton was given a suspended sentence and a fine for tax fraud.

• In September 2020, Barton was handed a 20-month suspended prison sentence for breaking the rules on football betting.

It's worth noting that these are not all the incidents that Joey Barton has been involved in throughout his career, but are some of the most notable ones.

He was actually cleared by a court of law, in large part because his wife retracted her initial statement.

The topic of Joey Barton's legal issues has been discussed extensively on the forum and you can find plenty of information by searching for it. However, it's important to note that the case was not dismissed, it was "stayed" meaning it was put on hold. This is not the same as being found not guilty.

The reason the case was stayed is because his wife changed her statement.

It's important to consider the power imbalance in their relationship and understand that when there is an imbalance of power, it is common for victims to change their statements. Organizations such as Women's Aid can provide more information on why this happens.

Edited by Marcus Aurelius
  • Like 9
  • Flames 1

Just now, Ashton Hero said:

His approach to man management is to belittle and bully people - you can see this from his press conferences. If you are going to carry on like that, you need to be successful. Since leaving Leicester, Nigel's managerial career has been a litany of relegation dogfights and falling out with people. 

Your debt is a millstone around your neck. You were almost subject to a transfer embargo last season and you have to hope that your sellable assets retain value or it is likely you will go the way of Derby or even Portsmouth. 

Mind the Gap Sunshine.

Mind the Gap.

4 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

His approach to man management is to belittle and bully people - you can see this from his press conferences. If you are going to carry on like that, you need to be successful. Since leaving Leicester, Nigel's managerial career has been a litany of relegation dogfights and falling out with people. 

Your debt is a millstone around your neck. You were almost subject to a transfer embargo last season and you have to hope that your sellable assets retain value or it is likely you will go the way of Derby or even Portsmouth. 

September 2020: Barton was handed a 20-month suspended prison sentence for breaking the rules on football betting.

2019: Barton was given a suspended sentence and a fine for tax fraud.

March 2018: Barton was suspended by his club Fleetwood Town for allegedly placing over 1,200 bets on football matches over a period of 10 years.

September 2016: Barton was handed an 18-month ban from football by the Football Association (FA) for breaking rules on betting.

December 2007: Fighting at a night club: Barton was arrested on suspicion of assault following a fight at a night club in Liverpool. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was given a four-month suspended sentence.

May 2007: Assault on a police officer: Barton was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer in Liverpool city center. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was given a four-month suspended sentence.

May 2012: Conduct towards Manchester City: Barton was given a 12-match ban by the Football Association for his conduct during his final match for Manchester City, which included attacking an opposing player and insulting a team-mate.

2011: Twitter Controversy: Barton was given a fine by his club for "offensive and derogatory" comments he made on Twitter.

May 2011: Assault on team-mate: Barton was arrested on suspicion of common assault and actual bodily harm following an altercation with a team-mate during a training session. He pleaded guilty to the charge of violent conduct and was subsequently given a six-match ban by the Football Association.

Gambling: Barton has had a history of gambling problems, which led to him receiving a fine and a ban from football in 2017.

December 2018: Common Assault: Barton was convicted of common assault for an incident in which he allegedly punched a man in the face at a McDonald's in Liverpool. He was given a 12-month community order and ordered to pay costs.

May 2007: Assault: Barton pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH) for punching a teenager in the face in Liverpool city center. He was given a four-month suspended sentence.

May 2008: Assault: Barton pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH) for attacking a man in Liverpool city center. He was sentenced to six months in prison, but was released after serving 74 days.

It's worth noting that these are not all the incidents that Joey Barton has been involved in throughout his career, but are some of the most notable ones.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Our debt is the only way that you can compete in the Championship and above, any argument against that is naive at best and stupidity at worst, I don't believe there is a single club that is not 'in debt'.

Re Portsmouth, one of the main reasons was the club's ownership structure, which had changed multiple times in a short period of time. The previous owners had invested large amounts of money into the club to fund player transfers and wage increases, but were unable to generate sufficient revenues to cover these expenses. Additionally, the club had also invested heavily in a new stadium and training facilities, which further increased their financial burden.

Furthermore, the club's high wage bill was another major factor in their financial troubles. Portsmouth had a relatively high wage bill compared to other teams in the same league, and as a result, they were unable to generate enough revenues to cover the wages of the players.

The club was also facing financial penalties for not paying its taxes on time, and was unable to make payments on the loans it had taken out. This led to the club being unable to pay its bills and suppliers, which prompted the administration.

If you can give any proof that Lansdown would follow a similar path, considering his history with us, then fair enough, I may listen to your opinion.

1 minute ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

September 2020: Barton was handed a 20-month suspended prison sentence for breaking the rules on football betting.

2019: Barton was given a suspended sentence and a fine for tax fraud.

March 2018: Barton was suspended by his club Fleetwood Town for allegedly placing over 1,200 bets on football matches over a period of 10 years.

September 2016: Barton was handed an 18-month ban from football by the Football Association (FA) for breaking rules on betting.

December 2007: Fighting at a night club: Barton was arrested on suspicion of assault following a fight at a night club in Liverpool. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was given a four-month suspended sentence.

May 2007: Assault on a police officer: Barton was arrested on suspicion of assaulting a police officer in Liverpool city center. He pleaded guilty to the charge and was given a four-month suspended sentence.

May 2012: Conduct towards Manchester City: Barton was given a 12-match ban by the Football Association for his conduct during his final match for Manchester City, which included attacking an opposing player and insulting a team-mate.

2011: Twitter Controversy: Barton was given a fine by his club for "offensive and derogatory" comments he made on Twitter.

May 2011: Assault on team-mate: Barton was arrested on suspicion of common assault and actual bodily harm following an altercation with a team-mate during a training session. He pleaded guilty to the charge of violent conduct and was subsequently given a six-match ban by the Football Association.

Gambling: Barton has had a history of gambling problems, which led to him receiving a fine and a ban from football in 2017.

December 2018: Common Assault: Barton was convicted of common assault for an incident in which he allegedly punched a man in the face at a McDonald's in Liverpool. He was given a 12-month community order and ordered to pay costs.

May 2007: Assault: Barton pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH) for punching a teenager in the face in Liverpool city center. He was given a four-month suspended sentence.

May 2008: Assault: Barton pleaded guilty to assault occasioning actual bodily harm (ABH) for attacking a man in Liverpool city center. He was sentenced to six months in prison, but was released after serving 74 days.

Didn’t he stub out a cigar in the face of a Man City youth player.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

Your blue tinted glasses need a damn good cleaning.

You think that Barton is funny? He's anything but funny. 

I would gather that most people who don't even have any affiliation with either the blue or Red side of Bristol would stay well clear of a person who may beat the sh!t out of them or stub a cigar in their eye, for fear of looking at him the wrong way. Not to mention having a few too many drinks and going home to beat the cr@p out of his wife. Not the type of character most sane people would want to associate with let alone down a few pints with.

As for who journalist like, I'll give you Mr Donald Trump or Jeffrey Dhamer.  Terrible human beings but a journalists dream. The type of person you want representing your club?

I get that you're defending your manager, but lets face it, the only people that are giving him the benefit of doubt are the very few blue few amongst you lot that also crave the attention, positive or not. I know of plenty of your lot that are embarrassed of his association with your club. First hand that is, not by somebody who know somebody.

Let's see how this pans out and whether or not you can pull up your tent pegs and build a real football stadium that the Accrington Stanley fans would be prowed to visit.

Who are they? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ashton Hero said:

Any more embarrassing than Pearson's press conferences? Somebody needs to tell him how to speak to people and to learn some manners. JB isn't everybody's cup of tea, but he has a sense of humour and some self-awareness. Pearson comes across as an utterly unlikable k*ob. 

Still Nige doesn’t beat up women. 

1 hour ago, Ashton Hero said:

Obviously obsessed with us aren’t you 15er. You even watch Pearson’s press conferences . I got gas mates like you. Desperately hate us because of your own ineptitude . So desperate for us to get relegated because success for you is just being in the same league as us . What truly is embarrassing is faking your a fan of another club to go on their forum you sad pathetic dick ??????

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

You haven’t got a clue you ***** 

19 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

His approach to man management is to belittle and bully people - you can see this from his press conferences. 

How many times has Pearson been in court for being a “bully”? Barton has regularly thrown his own players under the bus, publicly…..

https://fanbanter.co.uk/joey-barton-reveals-he-doesnt-trust-his-own-player-and-regrets-giving-two-year-contract/

how many opposition managers has he slagged off to the press because they had the audacity to beat you? 

the man is a thug, a bully, a hypocrite and has absolutely no self-awareness….a match made in heaven 

• Like 1