IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

This is from a website I know nothing about, but covers all teams and has no bias, no reason not to believe their figures. Though why last year isn't included I don't know.

I've taken  a random-ish start point .
So in my lifetime, they have averaged higher attendances than us 5 times ...

1960, 1961, 1964, 1965 and 1983 

For context 1960 we were relegated and '61 they were in a higher division. 62 they were relegated. In 1983 we were division4.
They finished 7th & 5th the 2 years we spent in the basement (it may not be their basement as they call the National League League 5 now they've been there) but only bettered our Average one of those years by under 1,500. 
As an aside in my 62 years I think they have been in a higher division than us in 4 years.
I hope this helps Ashton Hero :thumbsup:

872397540_Screenshot2023-01-17at10_13_43.thumb.png.6a200c1f181a494c90ed20ffa7cf03f7.png

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TomF said:

It's a great gesture to all get their heads shaved but this from the Bristol Post. **** me..

The head shave in support of Nick Anderton in Clifton on Monday was a demonstration of what is great about Bristol Rovers and the bond between the players and staff

A good gesture that should unite fans of all persuasions. Well done the Gas and well done to the City Fan who was shaving their heads wearing his City shirt 

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Did someone say to Joey he needed a haircut for the Nick and he just got confused?

(NB fair play to them but using Jailbird Joey and that caption is an unwise juxtaposition)

No confusion there Silvio, he's had his head shaved for the nick on numerous occasions...

6 hours ago, TomF said:

It's a great gesture to all get their heads shaved but this from the Bristol Post. **** me..

The head shave in support of Nick Anderton in Clifton on Monday was a demonstration of what is great about Bristol Rovers and the bond between the players and staff

Obviously no other club have ever or will ever do the same, such is the uniqueness of the gas, amazing ?

1 minute ago, Ashton Hero said:

I genuinely thought the guy at the front was a Fleetwood fan when I saw the photo. You'll need to change the shirt for next season when you play them in the league after your forthcoming relegation. 

We can get relegated to the conference for couple years and we still be bigger than you. 

16 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

I genuinely thought the guy at the front was a Fleetwood fan when I saw the photo. You'll need to change the shirt for next season when you play them in the league after your forthcoming relegation. 

Why the **** are you still posting.I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

27 minutes ago, Ashton Hero said:

I see the similarity, it looks as though the Fleetwood marketing dept decided that copying the shirt of the better known club in Bristol was a smart move. Thanks for pointing that out.