IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

who else could have a bouncy castle with tarmac to bounce their kids on?  thats got to be a dumbarton idea

Officer…”so mr Barton, how did your wife sustain these bruises and a particularly large bump on her head?”

Barton…”well officer, we were having a great time on the bouncy castle and then my wife got a bit over confident, tried a double somersault and then fell ass over tit onto the hard tarmac”

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Take your pick ?

0F637B5F-EB95-4D39-A037-4C54E49725DB.jpeg

Is that them celebrating storming back into the League, by being 2nd best team in the Conference, then needing a Penalty shootout to beat Grimsby ?

Oh on side note. I Googled when they reached the Playoff final and Google came up trumps. 
First pic the question pops up, 2nd the answer :clap:

2023034204_Screenshot2023-01-20at09_07_01.png.b2d92e36c372f87214a3f25dc4d143e1.png

1928812316_Screenshot2023-01-20at09_07_39.png.5d2ed80328cf5dc7ce9559e11a2083b6.png

11 hours ago, Slacker said:

That huge turn out by the fans is almost as impressive as the hoardes that lined the streets for their open top bus parade.Have'nt got the picture so if someone could oblige I am sure we would all enjoy a reminder of the passion on display that day.

One of these pictures is a victory parade for the self proclaimed ‘Peoples club of Bristol’ 

Bristol’s version of Boca Juniors. ?

The other picture is City.

Can you spot the difference? 

EC192CBF-4DD2-4BD8-9281-0C857CE9E28D.jpeg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Take your pick ?

0FF4DDFE-4E61-4284-AD17-BFCB1957197F.jpeg

0F637B5F-EB95-4D39-A037-4C54E49725DB.jpeg

The top picture is an all time favourite of mine. If you ignore the Bristol rivalry and forget Rovers for a minute, there is so much going on to enjoy when you zoom in. It is a masterpiece, almost a parody from the Mike Bassett film.

First the road they are on. No one in sight, a real tumbleweed moment, not even a stray dog. It is as though aliens have kidnapped the population.

The lack of public has clearly affected those on board. Even the photographer has given up.

The glum faces remind me of a long delayed flight home from a holiday. Phones are being scrolled in an attempt to relieve the boredom.

I expect there were a few fans to cheer them up just around the corner, but in this photo I actually feel sorry for the players, whoever arranged this should have limited the open top part of it to a very short route that guaranteed someone to wave at. Or maybe they did...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Is that them celebrating storming back into the League, by being 2nd best team in the Conference, then needing a Penalty shootout to beat Grimsby ?

Oh on side note. I Googled when they reached the Playoff final and Google came up trumps. 
First pic the question pops up, 2nd the answer :clap:

2023034204_Screenshot2023-01-20at09_07_01.png.b2d92e36c372f87214a3f25dc4d143e1.png

1928812316_Screenshot2023-01-20at09_07_39.png.5d2ed80328cf5dc7ce9559e11a2083b6.png

Yes, that's the one !

The game that should never have got to pens in the first place, had their keeper been rightly sent off after 10 minutes !

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The top picture is an all time favourite of mine. If you ignore the Bristol rivalry and forget Rovers for a minute, there is so much going on to enjoy when you zoom in. It is a masterpiece, almost a parody from the Mike Bassett film.

First the road they are on. No one in sight, a real tumbleweed moment, not even a stray dog. It is as though aliens have kidnapped the population.

The lack of public has clearly affected those on board. Even the photographer has given up.

The glum faces remind me of a long delayed flight home from a holiday. Phones are being scrolled in an attempt to relieve the boredom.

I expect there were a few fans to cheer them up just around the corner, but in this photo I actually feel sorry for the players, whoever arranged this should have limited the open top part of it to a very short route that guaranteed someone to wave at. Or maybe they did...

It is indeed.

Thanks for posting this again, because I have just noticed something for the first time.

Is that a SECOND Sag bus trailing behind in the distance ?

Again, nobody surrounding it or taking any interest at all. Just priceless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

It is indeed.

Thanks for posting this again, because I have just noticed something for the first time.

Great spot!

20 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

It is indeed.

Look what happened the following year…

They realised it was pointless trying again ?

058E173A-5505-4A3A-9C1E-3C31D5FE07E5.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a convicted felon on but your local was out of Fred West cups?

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a really bad illustration possibly infringing on DC trademarks?

Look no further…

Also available, this t-shirt...

Deacon Blue Shirt - Etsy Hong Kong

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a convicted felon on but your local was out of Fred West cups?

Ever wanted to drink your tea out of a mug with a really bad illustration possibly infringing on DC trademarks?

Look no further…

The word is Tinpot.

Looks like "Super Joy" as the mug who designed this looks like it forgot the "E"  

Comical.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Look no further…

Mug on a mug

On 17/01/2023 at 11:06, Deluded Sag said:

I genuinely thought the guy at the front was a Fleetwood fan when I saw the photo. You'll need to change the shirt for next season when you play them in the league after your forthcoming relegation. 

Ah, so you’ve finally owned up to what you are. What kind of coward pretends to be a City fan or at least a neutral and then is outed as a Scum fan? Comical. You’re fortunate your nauseating stench is tolerated around these parts - I’d love to register on A$$hat and wind up the unwashed, semi-literate peasants who frequent that internet equivalent of the Walton Hop but no interlopers are tolerated - probably because the truth hurts.

We’re not currently playing like a team in danger of the drop; and you’ve been relegated twice since we last were.

At least you won’t have to endure the Rent Boys losing tomorrow as your Championship-ready sprinklers have frozen solid.

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

On 19/01/2023 at 07:31, Slacker said:

I vote to keep Ashton Hero on here.I think he is great fun.Nettie and Miah are always interesting with their take on things but Ashton Hero is entertaining in his way too.

Yes, provided posters aren’t breaking the rules I don’t think banning is a good idea - too many people go on about free speech but only want free speech they agree with.

Gastards are welcome to spout their rubbish - it’s good comedy. Plus, no censorship - we are better than them.

• Like 6

Just called their game off tomorrow, Wycombe are unbeaten right back to November against sides outside of the top 3 & the sun is shining brightly at present, but apparently their “brilliant” playing surface is unplayable.

Interestingly at present no other football league game is off.

Have a lot of previous for this, don’t they?

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just called their game off tomorrow, Wycombe are unbeaten right back to November against sides outside of the top 3 & the sun is shining brightly at present, but apparently their “brilliant” playing surface is unplayable.

Have a lot of previous for this, don’t they?

Up to their old tricks again.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Look no further…

AB3F5EA2-6936-430D-8A5A-96D3B9086C96.thumb.jpeg.03c84bf2651cd78fe654513abac484c8.jpeg

“HEY, NICK O’TEEN! STOP GIVING CHEWING TOBACCO TO THOSE GORMLESS KIDS!”