IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

We can only hope their game is rearranged towards the end of the season and Wycombe end their hopes of a play-off place.

Imagine the scenes at Membley Stadium ???

No, what would be better than Wycombe sending them down, again ?

I would settle for the tent dwellers to be mid table and Wycombe confirming their Playoff spot with a Win at Tent Town.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

You can almost taste the bitterness from the tinpotters 

C6F04D9D-0DDC-4A34-B3CB-6C42ACFEAC93.jpeg

Are we supposed to apologise for having a pitch that meets professional standards? Perhaps we should postpone our game in a show of solidarity with the less fortunate in the area? :whistle:

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure why, celebrating Relegation ?

377680718_Screenshot2023-01-21at09_00_55.png.c4a4e4e13f26dda09d4da7d35378c037.png

561045909_Screenshot2023-01-21at09_01_20.png.7ea97b4e37db9a44377f2381a0c59bc8.png

I went to that game ‘under cover’. Our friend at work was a Wycombe fan and also being female, she didn’t feel safe going to the Swamp on her own so wanted some company. Me and my good buddy (another poster on here) went and kept our mouths very much shut,  but we had a great time ? I swear one of Wycombe’s goals was scored by someone with one boot but could be hallucinating. Anyway, afterwards was quite hairy as there were a few City fans there that were much more open about their allegiances shall we say, and obviously it was City's fault that they got relegated, but we managed to get out in one piece eventually.  Happy days.   

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, lenred said:

I went to that game ‘under cover’. Our friend at work was a Wycombe fan and also being female, she didn’t feel safe going to the Swamp on her own so wanted some company. Me and my good buddy (another poster on here) went and kept our mouths very much shut,  but we had a great time ? I swear one of Wycombe’s goals was scored by someone with one boot but could be hallucinating. Anyway, afterwards was quite hairy as there were a few City fans there that were much more open about their allegiances shall we say, and obviously it was City's fault that they got relegated, but we managed to get out in one piece eventually.  Happy days.   

Had a few mates that went, I bet they could have sold a lot more tickets in BS3 if we knew what would happen ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Had a few mates that went, I bet they could have sold a lot more tickets in BS3 if we knew what would happen ?

Yeah we were shtum as possible but were obviously celebrating what was happening as any decent early 20s something Cityite would with what was happening. But there some lads with flags and singing City songs.  Was hilarious. Think most of them got kicked out eventually though so it left us feeling quite vulnerable come full time ?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lenred said:

I was in the home end, 2nd game running as I was there for the derby game.

I had to leave at 2-0 as I started laughing. The guy infront started crying and wailed “that’s it we’re down now” 

When the lads got back to the car, one grumbled “stop ******* smiling”. I didn’t think they could go any lower at that point, how wrong the subsequent years proved that!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, WessexPest said:

At least you won’t have to endure the Rent Boys losing tomorrow as your Championship-ready sprinklers have frozen solid.

He never endured them last week either as he spent the afternoon watching us, and commenting on the Brum match thread. As per usual the biggest game of the week for a lot of Saggies is ours - today will be no different.

50 minutes ago, Keepers Ball said:

I still do not understand why there is a a whole thread on that lot. They aren't rivals in position or stature

image.png.1c37ebf4040179efac8c10fdbcac6d22.pngimage.png.9fb146274bcc95ba4ff266b811b2f688.pngimage.png.306949fcce7958d4ebd4e6856576e818.pngimage.png.05275098704818cd4c588f8690987545.png

Maybe you could request some functionality to be put in place such that you wouldn't have to see this topic when visiting the forum.

Why not ask Tom on the help forum if there was some way in which you could achieve this?

image.png.256f0bf71925a1660d05f9c4d6565bd6.pngimage.png.c6eea069bfaf6dd28bffe2c61aa05fbb.pngimage.png.9cf0e618a44f1b5571c4c5d6f382a22b.pngimage.png.6a308233b1e0895b8e9a0c9bc0c3472c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Keepers Ball said:

I still do not understand why there is a a whole thread on that lot. They aren't rivals in position or stature

With nearly 3.3k posts, you've done quite well to remain oblivious to the irony of news and comments coming from our Northern neighbours .........unles you're one of them! 

Don't blow your cover now after all this time ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

With nearly 3.3k posts, you've done quite well to remain oblivious to the irony of news and comments coming from our Northern neighbours .........unles you're one of them! 

Don't blow your cover now after all this time ?

He's definitely a red, I know him. A miserable bugger certainly but a diehard red.

Nice bloke is KB.

4 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

As if having the games at Forest Green, Cardiff and Newport also being still on wasn't a clue, the rare event of City and Rovers playing at home on the same day makes it worse as they can't say 'City would have postponed too if they were home'.

The forecast is for 5 degC by 2pm. Let's assume they don't have under pitch heating. Why are the non league games able to be played?

Newport game is off, I presume Cardiff have under pitch heating as they are an ex-Premiership club. As for FGR - there's always plenty of hot air up there! 

• Hmmm 1