IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

9 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Would you disagree with any of what I've said? Or do you really think that Bristol City being mildly less cr*p than Rovers is more important than what is happening in the Ukraine? 

5 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Sweetheart, its banter...roll with the punches and suck it up. Its part of growing up...

Ah deflection and "it was just banter", the final redoubt of those defeated by logic and fact. 

Your arguments and statements are those of a barbarian in the Roman forum, a jester in a kingly court, or a mute in the Oxford Union. 

2 hours ago, cityal said:

Long ago I made this post regarding their alleged attendance at the playoff final for finishing non-league as runners up below Barnet

Using some local news sources and ticket sales up until a week before the match (and then extrapolating) you get to a figure closer to 32-33k

3 days before the game Rovers had sold 24k/25k, that’s from their own club. 
Basically any claims of them having anywhere near 37k are complete bullshit, but then we knew that already.

F71BCD85-5CDD-4784-B678-31CC8D6ACD4E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deluded Sag said:

Sweetheart...its only a game which, relatively speaking, neither Bristol club are particularly good at. For example, when I speak to people from outside Bristol, they still think of it as a rugby city. 

There are much more important things happening in the world that are much more deserving of your anger - now run along and educate yourself about them. 

I have my doubts you are so well travelled. To paraphrase something that Ricky Gervais' mum once said to him, "why do you want to go travelling? There's parts of Bristol you haven't seen yet."

24 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

… do you really think that Bristol City being mildly less cr*p than Rovers is more important than what is happening in the Ukraine? 

On a serious note, there is a subtle yet very important distinction in the addition of the definite article ‘the’ before ‘Ukraine’ which is critically important to the sovereignty of the Ukrainian nation-state. ’The Ukraine’ suggests a region with amorphous borders, such as ‘the Alps’ or ‘the Caucuses’, rather than an independent nation-state like, for example, Spain. 

In 1993, Ukraine’s government asked Russia’s government to abandon the Soviet-era practice of referring to Ukraine as “the Ukraine” and instead use only “Ukraine.” Putin continues to use “the Ukraine” inferring that the country is a territory of Russia, giving him justification for his action there. Ukrainians hate it. 

We should all use simply ‘Ukraine’. Now please, back to ripping the piss out of the 15ers and @Deluded Sag  

• Like 5

Would you disagree with any of what I've said? Or do you really think that Bristol City being mildly less cr*p than Rovers is more important than what is happening in the Ukraine? 

It’s the way you go about it you *** . You’d get filled in talking to city fans like that. Just remember where you are in the food chain .  Thirty years since you been in the championship but 7 1/2 since you were non league . How many times have you been in the basement , 3-4 times. Comparing apples with oranges you deluded **** wit 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Flames 2

44 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Oh come on. The whole point of this thread is to take the p*ss out of another club. When you get a little push-back in return, you throw a tantrum and start stamping your feet. People who live in glass houses.....

Why not start one on your own fans forum about us, pretty simple stuff?

Lack of your own fans on there?

Lack of intelligence on there?

Thread won't be very long due to your own failings as a club?

Anyway, what a weird way to spend a week of your life. Pretending to be a fan of a club you probably hate, just so you can try and wind up some fans of that club on an anonymous internet forum, actually watch their game against Birmingham on a Saturday afternoon rather than watch your own team (didn't miss much as they got schooled by the mighty Accrington). Very odd behaviour, but not really a surprise when it comes to the envious blue few.

What is the capacity of your promised new shiny Fruit Bowl stadium - asking for a friend? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Deluded Sag said:

Steve Phillips was great, and I wish he hadn't left the club in the circumstances he did. And even better, he didn't even try to conceal his complete contempt for Johnson or your club when we turned you over in the JPT final. Another member of our Bath fanbase. 

JPT Area Final - the Judas c*** cost you the final against Doncaster Utd. If you’re going to be an effective troll you need to get this basic stuff right.

Any road, just like the Third Tier title that historical wring has been righted as we knocked the Gash out of the JPT last time the vagabonds in Quarters brought their septic stink i to our arena with two of the best goals you could ever hope to see in a provincial derby. And this despite us being absolutely woeful that season and having a manager who is only marginally less of a d*ck than Skeletor or Jaily Birdon.

Remind us again how many times you’ve won that trophy? That’s a right, a big, fat lonely zero despite being eligible for each of the lash 30 seasons. You know, since we relegated you out the second tier?

EDIT: Oh sorry, 29, you decided to lose to your beloved Bath in the FA Trophy in 2014-15 as you were no longer a league team. I’ll need to Google to see who won the JPT that year.

Edited by WessexPest

Oh come on. The whole point of this thread is to take the p*ss out of another club. When you get a little push-back in return, you throw a tantrum and start stamping your feet. People who live in glass houses.....

I'm not throwing a tantrum sunshine, I've readily engaged with other Blue Few posters on this thread in the past.

I just think you are a tiresome *****...

Leaving aside the considerable spin of “mildly less crap” (We’re a division above you and you haven’t been in the same league as us since 2000), you’re bloody right it’s more important, sunbeam. ???

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

You really are a a sad deluded obsessed bitter & twisted *** . I’d love to know who you are . Wouldn’t be so brave face to face would you. I’m sure there’s a way  to find you . 

Really? Veiled, anonymous threats of retribution on the internet. ffs

10 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Phillips was a class act and I would like to see him back at the club in some capacity. 

And Judas c***? Take a look at yourself - please remember the guy was actually physically attacked by one of your 'fans' at a gym. Like I said before - its only a game and you being mildly less cr*p than us is of little or no consequence in the greater scheme of things. 

Yeah, maybe he can staff Santa’s Grotto.

Chanting Judas is very different from physically attacking someone. The way some of your “fans” have treated this chap for instance for going to a much bigger club.

Disagree, if we were are second bottom of the Conference South as long as you were bottom it’d be all good in the hood, yo.55125EFB-F458-43F5-A492-D1E140AE3A44.jpeg.fa4d0c8436adbda51f565e2c4327bd6a.jpeg

Edited by WessexPest

28 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Phillips was a class act and I would like to see him back at the club in some capacity. 

And Judas c***? Take a look at yourself - please remember the guy was actually physically attacked by one of your 'fans' at a gym. Like I said before - its only a game and you being mildly less cr*p than us is of little or no consequence in the greater scheme of things. 

Please stop dragging us down to your level. We are significantly bigger and better. That’s clear. The only thing we share is a same first name. 

39 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

"Mildly less crap".

F*****g hilarious. Deluded doesn't come close. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 4

As I remember it, 'Flapper' Phillips was very well treated by club and fans alike, up until the point when he lost his place as first-choice keeper to an infinitely more talented (not to mentioned dignified and classy) professional, at which point he threw his toys out of the pram like a petulant child.

On an entirely unconnected note, if he was indeed attacked by someone at a gym then that is an utter disgrace and very sad to hear. 

• Like 8

And Judas c***? Take a look at yourself - please remember the guy was actually physically attacked by one of your 'fans' at a gym.

If he was that was awful, but it's the first time I have heard that.

We even gave his address out on the internet so people could go to his family home and attack him, his house and his family, and we had fans trying to get to him when he played a game at our ground, sang songs about having a party when he's dead, the list goes on and on......Sorry that was your lot with the lovely Matty Taylor wasn't it (unsure why anyone would be unhappy with getting your club the £10 million fee he was worth.... oh wait a minute)...

People in glass houses and all that...

Ps - how are we "mildly" less crap than you? The delusion of many of your fans is quite amazing. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 4

29 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

As I remember it, 'Flapper' Phillips was very well treated by club and fans alike, up until the point when he lost his place as first-choice keeper to an infinitely more talented (not to mentioned dignified and classy) professional, at which point he threw his toys out of the pram like a petulant child.

On an entirely unconnected note, if he was indeed attacked by someone at a gym then that is an utter disgrace and very sad to hear. 

I’d reserve your sadness until we have some proof of this. It seems to be a new claim from somebody who has been on here about a week and is already challenging our friend from Henbury for the title of most prolific liar.

• Like 1

Only spoke to Phillips once. One lunch time I had gone to the Gate pre season to renew my season ticket. Whilst driving out towards Ashton Road the open top car in front stopped and the male driver signalled another open top car driven by a lady, coming into the Gate, to stop and then proceeded to have a conversation. After waiting patiently for a minute or so I got out and politely asked the driver to pull over in order that I could get back to work. It was Phillips, he looked at me as if I was a piece of sh** on his shoe. I got back in my motor and waited patiently for him to move. It was lucky I was in a firm's motor or I would have rammed the arrogant sod after being kept waiting for what seemed an age before he pulled away. He holds my record for being the most contemptible person, in the shortest contact time,  I have ever "met".

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

Wasn't Barton, was it?  His MO.

Don’t think the CCTV was working, so no witnesses, you can’t prove that.

Isn’t that what his solicitor usually says? Or his wife was confused when she phoned 999 in a state of panic & said he’s hitting me, now she can’t recall the incident at all & doesn’t want to press charges, something like that?

Or my brother borrowed my car without my permission & was driving it without insurance or a driving licence.

Etc, etc, etc..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Deluded Sag said:

Were there any indications that you were a City fan? I wouldn't take it personally - he really didn't like your club by the time he left. His celebrations after the JPT area final victory made that quite clear. 

At Rovers he came across as a difficult, but not unlikeable, character. I have the utmost admiration for him as a goalkeeper. 

You mean you fancied him…