Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They call us deluded….

Not the oldest club in the west.

Not the wealthiest  

And definitely not the biggest ?

2C4A686D-8CC5-4F48-8235-1A4FA6133E0F.jpeg

I do like the fact they werent even called Bristol Rovers back in 1883, and  were renamed Rovers AFTER we were called Bristol City- they hate to be reminded of that. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, In the Net said:

Ah, there is unblinkered lifeform on here after all. ?

Personally, I don't think the Fruit Market will happen.  I would go for developing the Mem, not sure why they say it isn't viable, as we don't need a huge stadium.  The scheme that Dunford had, before the bottom fell out of the property market/student flats, looked doable, and something similar could be revived.

I believe that Wael has somebody sounding out other people regarding investment, not sure that will happen either.

Stop press, hold the front page, etc

• Haha 1

Isn't it also a fact that the Gash were Wallys Third choice ?  The Gillingham owner turned down his approach, because he'd checked that Wally was skint. Wally,being a Chelsea fan wanted a team that played in blue. Did'nt he also try it on with Southend ?  But the desperate,gullible Gash snapped his hand off believing he was richer than SL. 

17 minutes ago, fatchers said:

Isn't it also a fact that the Gash were Wallys Third choice ?  The Gillingham owner turned down his approach, because he'd checked that Wally was skint. Wally,being a Chelsea fan wanted a team that played in blue. Did'nt he also try it on with Southend ?  But the desperate,gullible Gash snapped his hand off believing he was richer than SL. 

More like Nick Higgs couldn’t believe his luck. 

The plan from 2007 was probably the best one that they had.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6272765.stm  

30 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

The plan from 2007 was probably the best one that they had.  http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6272765.stm  

That's bizarre, I don't have any recollection of that. 966 objections and the council waived it through, yet 27 people wanting a village green stopped us dead in our tracks.

Surely there isn't the footprint at that site for an 18000 seater with carparking etc?

1 hour ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Yes, I would do that if I was the owner. Forget about trying to compare with us, just do what is right for them. Trouble is the fans don't usually see it that way.

Had to smile at the mention of the local 'noise report'. Reduced noise by enclosing the stadium apparently. I guess canvass does let the sound through as any camper knows, but the 10k locked out will need to whisper.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I remember them all posting this in the weeks after he took over ?

Hahaha bell ends! They don’t help themselves do they? ?

633723B4-F1B5-4CC7-A5B5-B48D616F1105.jpeg.b202dc83791ad8364de46276ea22a6c8.jpeg

What that graphic carefully fails to divulge is that those are Zimbabwean dollar notes…

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Still think that development would be feasible now if they were serious.

I was looking at an aerial shot of both Bristol grounds on Twitter earlier, there is a lot of room behind their main stand (the one that bizarrely doesn’t run the full length of the pitch), plus a fair bit behind their home end.

If they really had the money it would be possible to develop the ground piecemeal like we did, the other two sides are certainly more problematic but could still be made more efficient.

Problem is despite being “one of the richest owners in football” Wael doesn’t actually have the money & Hani, the brother who does, walked away a few years ago now.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Still think that development would be feasible now if they were serious.

I was looking at an aerial shot of both Bristol grounds on Twitter earlier, there is a lot of room behind their main stand (the one that bizarrely doesn’t run the full length of the pitch), plus a fair bit behind their home end.

If they really had the money it would be possible to develop the ground piecemeal like we did, the other two sides are certainly more problematic but could still be made more efficient.

Problem is despite being “one of the richest owners in football” Wael doesn’t actually have the money & Hani, the brother who does, walked away a few years ago now.

I agree, surely it makes sense, given the size of their Memorial Grounds footprint to turn the pitch 90degrees, and they'll then have an existing stand behind a goal with executive boxes (D), terracing (C) running pretty much down the length of the pitch, and then two areas (see A and B) to have room to build two stands.

They could easily do a Gillingham down one side of the pitch and just erect temporary seating, thus allowing them to stay in the stadium, whilst building a decent home end(A) with flats\housing\executive boxes - or whatever they want.

Would be a decent capacity as well.

image.thumb.png.c2c560571846b7618461e3be1c5bda1f.png

23 minutes ago, beaverface said:

I agree, surely it makes sense, given the size of their Memorial Grounds footprint to turn the pitch 90degrees, and they'll then have an existing stand behind a goal with executive boxes (D), terracing (C) running pretty much down the length of the pitch, and then two areas (see A and B) to have room to build two stands.

They could easily do a Gillingham down one side of the pitch and just erect temporary seating, thus allowing them to stay in the stadium, whilst building a decent home end(A) with flats\housing\executive boxes - or whatever they want.

Whilst I appreciate your logic, and the fact your proposal makes sense, I wouldn't give those c.nuts the steam off my piss.

Stuff like your graphic above is only gonna help them. Next thing you know it'll be a two page spread in the middle of the Evening Post, and be the basis of their next "plan".

"Don't tell 'em Pike"...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BS3City said:

Whilst I appreciate your logic, and the fact your proposal makes sense, I wouldn't give those c.nuts the steam off my piss.

Stuff like your graphic above is only gonna help them. Next thing you know it'll be a two page spread in the middle of the Evening Post, and be the basis of their next "plan".

"Don't tell 'em Pike"...

Good point, but with them looking at the Fruit Market, that doesn't sit right with me.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

They could, but redeveloping the Mem is never going to give them what they really desire…a capacity of 27001 or more.

As we saw when the Al Qadis arrived they spent most of their time bragging about how rich they were now and how they were suddenly the biggest club in Bristol. Some even suggesting that they wave £5 notes at Morecombe fans in their next game to brag about their wealth.

6 years later, same ground, more tents and getting dicked 5-1….by Morecombe 

Then they’ve got the nerve to question why we laugh at them so much? ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

They could, but redeveloping the Mem is never going to give them what they really desire…a capacity of 27001 or more.

As we saw when the Al Qadis arrived they spent most of their time bragging about how rich they were now and how they were suddenly the biggest club in Bristol. Some even suggesting that they wave £5 notes at Morecombe fans in their next game to brag about their wealth.

6 years later, same ground, more tents and getting dicked 5-1….by Morecombe 

Then they’ve got the nerve to question why we laugh at them so much? ?

How ******* tinpot is that? Eh, @Deluded Sag is that another part of the "Ethos" you were tossing yourself silly over the other day?

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, beaverface said:

Thing is the parking around there on a match day,especially around Horfield common,is an absolute joke,so an increased capacity without provision for parking,it will not be easy to convince any planning committee,and expect a lot of objections from local residents.I’ve got my objection already written out.

1 minute ago, NOTBLUE said:

Thing is the parking around there on a match day,especially around Horfield common,is an absolute joke,so an increased capacity without provision for parking,it will not be easy to convince any planning committee,and expect a lot of objections from local residents.I’ve got my objection already written out.

As I said in my earlier post, I can't believe it was given planning permission with so many objections, I wouldn't mind betting that if this were raised again the objections would double.

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

An excellent plan but they are missing something quite important, the money to pay for it!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, beaverface said:

Knowing them, they'll go the whole hog and turn it 180 degrees !

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, beaverface said:

Just think, if they start pitching up bigger tents to increase capacity, there’s more for the wind to get behind, especially with their gormless fans lurching through the guy ropes.

Before you know it, on the next blustery day, they could have the main stand flapping down Gloucester Rd!

Would be a great laugh, so hope they go for it ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

Im just going to use the one i had from last time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2