IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

????

“What a sickening day sh** win we lose the team that beat us 5-1 last week got beat 5-0. Only crumbs of comfort teams below mostly lost and the snake never scored on his Port Vale debut.”

I’ve put a ‘thanks’ emoji by mistake.

It should have been a ‘laugh’ emoji but I’ve used up my quota today laughing at those complete w a n cers and it wont let me change it.

Just thought I’d mention it.

5 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

????

“What a sickening day sh** win we lose the team that beat us 5-1 last week got beat 5-0. Only crumbs of comfort teams below mostly lost and the snake never scored on his Port Vale debut.”

Imagine crowing that one of their ex-players didn't score on his debut for a bigger club, that's probably because he wasn't even in the squad you f**kwit :facepalm:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Malago said:

Well, this didn’t go too well did it? 
You know when you’re really looking forward to a great weekend of sports? 
Gas - lost at home to the franchise cants
The 41 year franchise cants won ?
England lost at Twickenham to the jocks 
My 60 year old penis is shrinking by every passing minute 
The wife’s fanny is getting less moist every passing minute 
By the way the last 2 are not sports related, unfortunately they used to be though. 
Anyway faithful & true FTG! 

Presumably by ‘41 year old franchise cants’ he/she/mutant means us?

Remind me which Bristol club has left their home City and set up shop somewhere else in the past?

Remind me which funny tinpot little club wanted to leave Bristol again before Sainsburys done them? 

Oh yeah…Franchise Gas ?

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Presumably by ‘41 year old franchise cants’ he/she/mutant means us?

Remind which Bristol club has left their home City and set up shop somewhere else in the past?

Remond me which funny tinpot little club wanted to leave Bristol again before Sainsburys done them? 

Oh yeah…Franchise Gas ?

Ha - what a complete Gash (tiny) helmet : seems like another organ of his has seriously atrophied as well - his brain.

The only “trophie” the wet-ends from Whorefield will ever see. ?

Didnt take the 82ers long to effortlessly overtake the 15ers did it: priceless!

Edited by WessexPest

27 minutes ago, Swede said:

Don't worry, most people know them as tinpot far more than Bristol.

I'm sure the first thing most away fans turning up at their place think is oh shit, I must have ****** up with the sat nav.

I'm sure I put in directions to Bristol.

Edited by AppyDAZE

If I was a Rovers fan, I’d be genuinely worried. They will be ok this season but it’s the foundations.

They have no hope in hell of keeping any of the loanees, except maybe the keeper who they are contractually obliged to play for at least one more game. They won’t find an Anderson or a Coburn every season, so it’s whether they have their own talent. Collins is on the run of a lifetime and that won’t continue, and the rest of the squad that came up has been lacking. Barton’s also fallen out with several of them and it’s scorched earth. Wally also appears, despite having a nice watch, to not want to spend cash. It looks like a squad which needs a full rebuild, and the inkling I have is that Barton will go around November with Rovers in the relegation zone. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

If I was a Rovers fan, I’d be genuinely worried. They will be ok this season but it’s the foundations.

They have no hope in hell of keeping any of the loanees, except maybe the keeper who they are contractually obliged to play for at least one more game. They won’t find an Anderson or a Coburn every season, so it’s whether they have their own talent. Collins is on the run of a lifetime and that won’t continue, and the rest of the squad that came up has been lacking. Barton’s also fallen out with several of them and it’s scorched earth. Wally also appears, despite having a nice watch, to not want to spend cash. It looks like a squad which needs a full rebuild, and the inkling I have is that Barton will go around November with Rovers in the relegation zone. 

The Bible isn't for everyone, but sometimes it just nails things. Joey the intellectual probably already knows this.

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

— Matthew 7:24–27

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

This is what Henry Winter might've written the other week (end) if he hadn't been so intent on patronising a small lower league club.

29 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

The Bible isn't for everyone, but sometimes it just nails things. Joey the intellectual probably already knows this.

"Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."

— Matthew 7:24–27

I respectfully disagree. There is nothing great about that club, so I suspect the house built on sand in North Bristol will fall with the merest of whimpers.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

And the dog botherer right behind them as well 

Port Vale will go above them if they win their game in hand in the week (home to Accrington)

Lincoln will also go above then if they beat them at home next weekend. 

Then the gAss welcome Swiss and the tractor boys to the swamp. 

Lots of “ifs” in there but hopefully a bumpy end to the season looms. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MarcusX said:

He didn’t really do much tbh

How quiet did it sound there though? Terrible atmosphere 

Their atmosphere is cack, anytime they go to their game in radio b you can't hear a peep.

True, the mic probably doesn't pick up the 10s of thousands locked out who are singing their heads off though...

10 hours ago, candygram for mongo said:

Oi Dundridge Farm is home of the mighty Nicholas Wanderers please do not associate the hollowed turf with that mob north of the river

My local pitch back in the day. Saturday morning with the boys playing in all weather. Great times

Edited by Super

I see the myth/lies about the loyal and prowed being locked out is still going strong on asschat;

In one game we lost nearly 100k plymouth . Another 2000 muff fans at £25 would have been worth £50k. Plus our fans locked out.
We have had 4 sell outs already costing the club big money.

The BIG SIX coming are limited to just 1200 fans. We could of sold another 10000 at £ 25 to these clubs £250k. I reckon we lose up to 500k a year on limited capacity .

• Haha 11