IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Ok so bit of fact checking here. Below is a training ground with driveway, car park with many cars, and turning space for coaches. Alongside is a substantial building incorporating stand adjacent to a pitch  with dug outs and full perimeter barriers. To the right are 2 full size pitches and below is an area with markings that suggest training for set piecesPNGimage2.thumb.png.01ece00b6c185664aedb5184a0c1d273.png

And then we have (at the same scale), a driveway with some gravel and 4 cars. A small t shaped building and another building down a path and then a field with the grass mown in pretty patterns.PNGimage3.thumb.png.27804abd0e99e63ca3aafa972096ebed.png

Yep identical.

Haven't checked the rest of posts past this one, so apologies if this has already been addressed, but the u21/academy/womens training pitches are below this to the left, adjacent to the golf club.

I don't know if this is shared with the school or not.

I've outlined in blue because I can't see how to change to red on android.

20240523_133351.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laner said:

You don't need to go further than the entrance to spot the differences...

image.thumb.jpeg.781b480f5f36b7b930cf7833fc76983f.jpeg
image.thumb.png.c6dea0485fa456d41f03567c6608c70b.png

Theirs looks like the old caravan site toilet and shower block where I used to go on holiday as a kid (but worse). 

24 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Just drink this in. Bristol Rovers suffer early transfer setback as Port Vale outbid Gas to sign Ronan Curtis

Port  Vale !!!

It must be a lie, they have a "competitive budget" according to their latest Venture Capitalist,  owner.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Haven't checked the rest of posts past this one, so apologies if this has already been addressed, but the u21/academy/womens training pitches are below this to the left, adjacent to the golf club.

I don't know if this is shared with the school or not.

I've outlined in blue because I can't see how to change to red on android.

20240523_133351.png

I didn’t know that. Presumed it was part of the QEH sports ground. Every days a school day (except not at QEH probably)

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As mentioned already the Bristol.live article is wrong, using figures from earlier in the season. The actual up to date figures are on a League 1 stat site.

Not particularly impressive for a club who’s fans claim their away support is the envy of teams up and down the country 🤣

83F873A5-E4F1-4508-ABD0-B7D5FCD285E7.jpeg

So below Carlisle who have 100 miles to travel before they get anywhere.

And got relegated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

As mentioned already the Bristol.live article is wrong, using figures from earlier in the season. The actual up to date figures are on a League 1 stat site.

Not particularly impressive for a club who’s fans claim their away support is the envy of teams up and down the country 🤣

83F873A5-E4F1-4508-ABD0-B7D5FCD285E7.jpeg

Now THAT is scandalous !

On 22/05/2024 at 07:56, Port Said Red said:

It's like the opening lines of "Once in a Lifetime' 

And you may find yourself playing in a rundown stadium

And you may find yourself wishing for another part of the world

And you may find yourself wearing a jesters costume

And you may find yourself on an open top bus on an empty street

And you may ask yourself, "Well, how did I get here?"

And you may tell yourself, this is not your beautiful ground

And you may tell yourself, this is not your beautiful team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Breaking news from the Gaschat forum.

Alf Jnr has told supporters that he is going to sell the Quarters training ground to residential housing developers for £12 million and then use the money to build a new one there.

The main contractors will be Derren Brown Ltd.

A classic from the Rovers’ forum about their new kit:

”I don't know why the club can't get Ralph Lauren to produce the new strip ,what fashion statement that would make and send shockwaves through out the football world”

• Haha 12

23 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

So let me get this right, a player who is an integral part of a Championship team with over a year left on his contract would be willing to drop a league & move to a smaller league 1 team. Must be a chance to play kick and rush in da famouz quarterzz then. 

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

A classic from the Rovers’ forum about their new kit:

”I don't know why the club can't get Ralph Lauren to produce the new strip ,what fashion statement that would make and send shockwaves through out the football world”

I could fart stronger than any shockwaves they could 'send', deluded pricks!

35 minutes ago, Swede said:

So let me get this right, a player who is an integral part of a Championship team with over a year left on his contract would be willing to drop a league & move to a smaller league 1 team. Must be a chance to play kick and rush in da famouz quarterzz then. 

To be honest at his age you'd have to expect Plymouth to be trying to upgrade and move him on. For him he could probably get a 2 year deal with a coaching role, and the added bonus of not having such a terrible commute to away games that comes with playing for Plymouth. I could definitely see why he'd be tempted to go to Bristol's footballing equivalent of a donkey sanctuary. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chinapig said:

Maybe, though the clowns are all in the main building.

The strange thing about that satellite photo are the piles of various what looks like building materials and spoil just dumped around the place. It reminds me of waste land or a farm yard where the farmer just doesn't care about the look of the place. Perhaps it has been tidied up now and the photo is old. Perhaps not.

1 hour ago, 38MC said:

To be honest at his age you'd have to expect Plymouth to be trying to upgrade and move him on. For him he could probably get a 2 year deal with a coaching role, and the added bonus of not having such a terrible commute to away games that comes with playing for Plymouth. I could definitely see why he'd be tempted to go to Bristol's footballing equivalent of a donkey sanctuary. 

Believe he is supposedly been offered a coaching role at Plymouth when he quits playing.