IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, pongo88 said:

A classic from the Rovers’ forum about their new kit:

”I don't know why the club can't get Ralph Lauren to produce the new strip ,what fashion statement that would make and send shockwaves through out the football world”

Rolf Harris is more likely.

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

8 hours ago, pongo88 said:

”I don't know why the club can't get Ralph Lauren to produce the new strip ,what fashion statement that would make and send shockwaves through out the football world”

Because rather than kissing the badge, they'd punch it.

#Horse

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

The strange thing about that satellite photo are the piles of various what looks like building materials and spoil just dumped around the place. It reminds me of waste land or a farm yard where the farmer just doesn't care about the look of the place. Perhaps it has been tidied up now and the photo is old. Perhaps not.

Let’s be honest, they’re not exactly known for keeping Bristol tidy are they?

Messy bastards.

IMG_0020.jpeg

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Because the Senior Vice President of logo and apparel design at RL is a City fan (my uncle)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

14 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Or Lauren Goodyer.....

13 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Messy bastards.

IMG_0020.jpeg

thats the timber supplies for the next phase of their redevelopment, strange place to put their replica suspension bridge tho

13 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Messy bastards.

IMG_0020.jpeg

There seems to be a worrying lack of basic safety equipment like hard hats in that picture, a professional organisation like the Gas wouldn't be using a cowboy firm on the cheap would they? 

Edited by Port Said Red

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There seems to be a worrying lack of basic safety equipment like hard hats in that picture, a professional organisation like the Gas wouldn't be using a cowboy firm on the cheap would they? 

It`s just a few retired tradesmen keeping their hands in.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, chinapig said:

Former Bristol Rovers manager and noted philosopher Joey Barton appears to have a season ticket to the nation's courts:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/may/24/joey-barton-calling-jeremy-vine-a-bike-I love you-was-defamatory-judge-rules

I'm surprised there hasn't been more publicity and comments about this latest setback for Joey 

35 minutes ago, Bizyer said:

I'm surprised there hasn't been more publicity and comments about this latest setback for Joey 

It's got it's own thread in the politics/current affairs section as it tends to go off at a tangent every time he is mentioned.

54 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

It's got it's own thread in the politics/current affairs section as it tends to go off at a tangent every time he is mentioned.

Thanks PSR👍

1 hour ago, Natchfever said:

Hes got a year on his contract at Plymouth?

Plus the option of coaching afterwards. I can definitely see why he might move if only for a 2 year deal plus a coaching role either now or next year.