IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Some great rivalries in the EFL next year.

Theyre now considered so irrelevant in relation to us by wider football that the Exeter-Rovers game is the height of their ambition.

IMG_3057.jpeg

Didn`t they get promoted then? Last I heard they were coming for us..............................

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I see Football League World for some inexplicable reason are saying they ought to sign Shayne Lavery from Blackpool. Why on earth would a player like him even consider signing for the pikeys and even if he did fancy it Blackpool would want actual cash money for him which makes any deal dead in the water before it`s even been done.

I’ve been working with a new lad on site, Exeter fan (we live near Exeter) who also has a liking for Wolves because his nephew played there. Alfie Pond.

When told that I supported Bristol City he said that Alfie was going to us on loan next season. I said that it sounded unlikely and did he mean Bristol Rovers. “That’s it” he said “where Exeter’s old manager is”. 
Googled the lad and he seems a good prospect tbf. My final words on the subject were “tell him not to bother…..they’re shit”.

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Didn`t they get promoted then? Last I heard they were coming for us..............................

They decided that washing the curtains and putting a fence panel up for their disabled supporters was a better use of the spend.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Theyre now considered so irrelevant in relation to us by wider football that the Exeter-Rovers game is the height of their ambition.

IMG_3057.jpeg

Lincoln vs Mansfield will be tasty.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

IMG_3057.jpeg

Exeter v sags, they're missing their usual pikey trick there. They could pitch up at Plainmoor, jemmy the padlocks off,  then it would be a local derby.

• Haha 1

Accounts now filed for the parent company, year to 30 June 2023.

I can't see much in there of which we aweren't already aware from the previously published football club accounts.

The only point that really leapt out for me was this, how on earth did a small holidng company manage to lose £900k in the year when previosuly it was a much more reasonable £111k which would have paid some expenses and board members' fees?

image.png.ff3ae7891ad0a0928da50956cd377d0f.png

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Accounts now filed for the parent company, year to 30 June 2023.

I can't see much in there of which we aweren't already aware from the previously published football club accounts.

The only point that really leapt out for me was this, how on earth did a small holidng company manage to lose £900k in the year when previosuly it was a much more reasonable £111k which would have paid some expenses and board members' fees?

image.png.ff3ae7891ad0a0928da50956cd377d0f.png

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

I amazed they are able to put stuff like this in a legal document.

Screenshot_2024-05-19-12-36-02-10_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

I guess it depends on the definition of "many".

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Please don't mention the meaning of "many". I have still got a headache from the thread discussing the meaning of "most".

• Haha 6

"Many" as in "more than one". So probably "two".

41 minutes ago, trickytimes said:

Please don't mention the meaning of "many". I have still got a headache from the thread discussing the meaning of "most".

My issue is "never" when they usually means "rarely" or "sporadically". :)

My issue is "never" when they usually means "rarely" or "sporadically". :)

I'm just here for the misspelling of league and travelling.

I know MS Word doesn't have an insanity checker, but at least run a UK configured spellchecker over your document.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 19/05/2024 at 12:43, Port Said Red said:

...and 'selling out' because, as I remember, that didn't happen 'many' times, did it?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Did it even happen once?

It must have happened "many times" it's there in black and white in a legal document. Now all they need is a reference to 40k to Wembley and that too will become a fact. 

14 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

It is impossible to see an open top bus parade .....

... without remembering this ....

opentopbus.jpg.eaf4ec1f0bf80f37d6340fc847fff17c.jpg

That photograph is genius. I know nothing about art, but a bit like an old master painting of a classic landscape or study of people, there is so much to see. The more you look, the more it reveals - the expressions, the thoughts.

• Haha 1