IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I don't think he is officially. I think it's Malcyki, but could be wrong. Oddly enough, I've only met him once or twice. Definitely one of the good guys.

Thanks Miah, a good guy indeed. His surname has a j in their somewhere, but lord knows where!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Swede said:

You could say that about every club from the top six down in the Championship! Next season it will arguably be harder with Pompey, Derby & possibly Bolton coming up and Sheff Utd, Burnley & Luton/Forest coming down plus a big club like Leeds or Southampton missing out and staying down. The league is extremely competitive and probably one of the hardest to have success in with FFP and PP disparity.

By the way Man City COULD find themselves in the Championship and even lower if they are penalised for alledged financial irregularities. Not as inconceivable as you think. Should we be worried about that as well?

A laughing emoji, a marvellous response.

22 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

At around the same age, a friend of mine got kicked out of The Sandringham in Bromley Heath for ordering a half a Light Split 🤣.

I done the same but Brown split ( dads drink when he was with us ) 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, glynriley said:

Never gets old…! 🤣

All the callers recognised that Higgs was only interested in securing their new stadium. At least that went well for them…

"Ground, ground, ground and they forgot about the team"

How on earth did I forget about that beauty.

11 hours ago, Swede said:

You could say that about every club from the top six down in the Championship! Next season it will arguably be harder with Pompey, Derby & possibly Bolton coming up and Sheff Utd, Burnley & Luton/Forest coming down plus a big club like Leeds or Southampton missing out and staying down. The league is extremely competitive and probably one of the hardest to have success in with FFP and PP disparity.

By the way Man City COULD find themselves in the Championship and even lower if they are penalised for alledged financial irregularities. Not as inconceivable as you think. Should we be worried about that as well?

Thanks - you’ve really cheered me up with that accurate summary 

33 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

League one will be tougher next season - Rotherham, Birmingham & Huddersfield joined by Wrexham, Stockport & Mansfield -

The gas promotion push next year a surefire certainty 😆

It`s started already I shouldn`t wonder.

Are there going to be any clubs smaller than them in League One next season? I can`t think of many.

Edited by Lanterne Rouge
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Tbf that would horrify most gasheads im sure.

I thought it was a sick joke, further investigation suggests it's a genuine bit of club communication.

Understandably, Fewers are double livid. And who can blame them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

I thought it was a sick joke, further investigation suggests it's a genuine bit of club communication.

Understandably, Fewers are double livid. And who can blame them?

To clarify, my response to the original post post was a laugh because, as you thought initially, this comes across as a sick joke.

Entirely unintentional, I am sure (hope), but quite pathetic in its crass insensitivity. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry to go on, but this is now becoming quite amusing or, at least, it would be were it not so embarrassing.

So, the Club statement that wasn't a club statement.

Season ticket cards

by Bristol Rovers Supporters Club | May 5, 2024 | News

We have now received a reply to our email to the Football Club regarding the charge for a physical season ticket card and as promised have copied it below for you all to see: - this seems quite official to me.

‘We have provided all disabled fans through Clare to get FREE cards for them upon request.  As for normal fans and older fans they can purchase the card for 15 pounds, which is the exact cost on the club, and we are not making any money on it, just covering the costs.  

‘Clubs like Peterborough and Blackpool charge all fans 20 pounds for cards that includes disabled fans too - except that Peterborough only charge £10, but free if there are no changes to the details on the previous season's card.

I find the “response” worse than the actual phrase - though I’ll caveat that with the assumption that it was an honest mistake. Because their’s not a hint of remorse or even awareness of how offensive that wording is. 

But to essentially say “well it wasn’t meant to be public” is a terrible response.  Just own it.  It was a mistake, and say “we’ll ensure staff will get training on inclusive language”

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I find the “response” worse than the actual phrase - though I’ll caveat that with the assumption that it was an honest mistake. Because their’s not a hint of remorse or even awareness of how offensive that wording is. 

But to essentially say “well it wasn’t meant to be public” is a terrible response.  Just own it.  It was a mistake, and say “we’ll ensure staff will get training on inclusive language”

Yes.

Its like “OMG calm down, you weren’t meant to see it”

Idiots.

• Like 8
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Yes.

Its like “OMG calm down, you weren’t meant to see it”

Idiots.

It’s basically an endorsement of practice with a cheeky bit of “you’ve never had it so good” patronisation chucked in for good measure- surprised they didn’t mention the white patio furniture for added caringness!

Edited by adamski
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

1970s views on disabled people are alive and well in BS7

I’m not sure they’re even a ‘real’ thing anymore.

It’s unbelievable that a supposedly professional football club can drop so many absolute clangers on a regular basis. If it’s not the club or the manager embarrassing themselves it’s the fans.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

All is revealed and clear now.

Are TG and BT related?

No apology for the communication. Attempts to gaslight the email recipient for the horrific *club* communication.

This should be a wake up call to any organisation/Guernsey based owners that employ unsuitable people in any position.

You put this into context with the recent issues that "club" had surrounding Her Game Too and the airbrushing history out of any player or former player with connections to Bristol City tells you that there is no depth to which they will plummet.

It just continues to underline how petty and tinpot they really are.

We may have issues with how our club is run but they pale into insignificance with how rotten to the core that "club" really is.

Is it any wonder they have a dwindling fan base.

• Like 5

Whoever wrote that could be individually thrown under a bus when instead the organisation should look at the training and development that is provided to them.

When that club asks for volunteers to maintain the buildings and infrastructure (remember 'keeping your hand in during retirement' adverts?) you do wonder whether they have competent staff in the right places, volunteers or not.

22 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

A gashead scholar shares his views on his teams performance this season and their prospects for next year. 

IMG_0715.png

Well, this is obviously fake.

They’d never find 10 Gasheads at this moment in time. 

All the Fewers have gone into hiding after yet another shameful and embarrassing season.