IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

48 minutes ago, cider hoss rules said:

I see the myth/lies about the loyal and prowed being locked out is still going strong on asschat;

In one game we lost nearly 100k plymouth . Another 2000 muff fans at £25 would have been worth £50k. Plus our fans locked out.
We have had 4 sell outs already costing the club big money.

The BIG SIX coming are limited to just 1200 fans. We could of sold another 10000 at £ 25 to these clubs £250k. I reckon we lose up to 500k a year on limited capacity .

Some awful pricing assumptions there. 

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

I see the myth/lies about the loyal and prowed being locked out is still going strong on asschat;

In one game we lost nearly 100k plymouth . Another 2000 muff fans at £25 would have been worth £50k. Plus our fans locked out.

The BIG SIX coming are limited to just 1200 fans. We could of sold another 10000 at £ 25 to these clubs £250k. I reckon we lose up to 500k a year on limited capacity .

It’s like playing bullshit bingo with your bosses in a meeting.It’s what they do.

• Haha 1

Seems they are thinking about putting up another temporary stand (stop sniggering at the back).

This one is to run the width of the pitch behind a goal, it'll be massive apparently, row M and everything.

In order to raise the capacity (I said stop sniggering at the back).

It couldn't be as tinpot as the new family "stand".................could it ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

Am i reading this correctly? The gas head in question reckons:

1) They have had four sellouts already - THIS IS JUST A LIE
The current capacity of the piss-porial is 9,832
They were close with Exter (9,735)  and Cheltenham (9,649) so maybe give them those as "sell outs" even though a few hundred short
Other than that they had over 9K for plymouth (9,258), Forest Green (9.064), Cambridge (9,007) - but these are all 500+ short of a "sell out"

2) They could have sold the capacity of the memorial ground PLUS 10K? for their "big games" - UTTER FANTASY
Their last home crowd of 19K would have surely been at Eastville - their last game their was 1986
So its been at least thirty five years since they had a home crowd that size - its probably more like 50 years (I cba to look for that info)

2 minutes ago, cityal said:

Am i reading this correctly? The gas head in question reckons:

1) They have had four sellouts already - THIS IS JUST A LIE
The current capacity of the piss-porial is 9,832
They were close with Exter (9,735)  and Cheltenham (9,649) so maybe give them those as "sell outs" even though a few hundred short
Other than that they had over 9K for plymouth (9,258), Forest Green (9.064), Cambridge (9,007) - but these are all 500+ short of a "sell out"

2) They could have sold the capacity of the memorial ground PLUS 10K? for their "big games" - UTTER FANTASY
Their last home crowd of 19K would have surely been at Eastville - their last game their was 1986
So its been at least thirty five years since they had a home crowd that size - its probably more like 50 years (I cba to look for that info)

Last time they had 19k+ was in 1977.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Seems they are thinking about putting up another temporary stand (stop sniggering at the back).

This one is to run the width of the pitch behind a goal, it'll be massive apparently, row M and everything.

I hear they’ve asked Gillingham for their away end. Apparently it’s state of the art for Gas purposes…

2 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

Could have sold an extra 10,000 away tickets if we had the capacity!  Mental!  I don't think Man Utd give out 10,000 away tickets and they have the largest club stadium, rediculous

2 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

"We have had four sell-outs already".........already? We are two thirds into the season and we won't even mention that a sell out at the gas is around 8,500 paying Home Punters.

2 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Oh dear, has GasGoMarchingIn been telling everyone that no stadium in the world can accommodate their massive following again?

Just need the £50M (minimum) to build one then. Where's the arsewipe @Deluded Saggone? Strange how he / she / it / teapot / toaster has been absent since they started getting gubbed. One might think they were a glory hunting deluded wind up merchant. ?

43 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Oh dear, has GasGoMarchingIn been telling everyone that no stadium in the world can accommodate their massive following again?

No he hasn't actually. What he's saying is, "we can't fill a new stadium, but if we offered 50% or 60% to the away fans, then they would fill it for us. 

45 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Just need the £50M (minimum) to build one then. Where's the arsewipe @Deluded Saggone? Strange how he / she / it / teapot / toaster has been absent since they started getting gubbed. One might think they were a glory hunting deluded wind up merchant. ?

Flapper keeps logging on to have a read but has just gone a bit shy, I cannot think why...

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

We’re not at the back. We’re stood at the front as the back didn’t exist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

"We have had four sell-outs already".........already? We are two thirds into the season and we won't even mention that a sell out at the gas is around 8,500 paying Home Punters.

Glad you said paying = I doubt they count the several hundred that get in by slipping a fiver to Dave on the disabled gate.

3 hours ago, cityal said:

Their last home game at their spiritual home of Eastville had a crowd of around 3500 in attendance.

Don’t stop talking about the ******* ‘Tote’ these days but when it came to the last ever game there they couldn’t even be arsed then. They’ve got the stadium now their fans deserve.

They would not be missed in this great City if they decided to piss off somewhere else again. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

Pretty sure he was the sad wanchor who was on the Man City forum begging to be relevant.

Definitely him. They don’t honestly try to sing that Spurs and Saints rip off chant do they? ?

39 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Their last home game at their spiritual home of Eastville had a crowd of around 3500 in attendance.

Don’t stop talking about the ******* ‘Tote’ these days but when it came to the last ever game there they couldn’t even be arsed then. They’ve got the stadium now their fans deserve.

They would not be missed in this great City if they decided to piss off somewhere else again. 

The only thing I miss about the Tote Scrotes at BeastVile is City fans packing out the Muller Road End instead of the poxy allocations we got at Trumpton and the P*sspoorial, but given we don’t play them any more it’s pretty irrelevant.

26 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Definitely him. They don’t honestly try to sing that Spurs and Saints rip off chant do they? ?

The only thing I miss about the Tote Scrotes at BeastVile is City fans packing out the Muller Road End instead of the poxy allocations we got at Trumpton and the P*sspoorial, but given we don’t play them any more it’s pretty irrelevant.

Never been so packed in at a game as we were on the Good Friday in ‘76, the Muller road end was absolutely rammed

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, harrys said:

Never been so packed in at a game as we were on the Good Friday in ‘76, the Muller road end was absolutely rammed

We were all around.

I was in the main fireproof stand enclosure....not far from the Tote.

I remember when the sags ran out a guy not far in front of us started swinging his blue and white scarf above his head. I was surprised at how many around us explained in graphic detail where the scarf would end up if he did it again! 

He didn't.

Edited by 42nite
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 42nite said:

We were all around.

I was in the main fireproof stand enclosure....not far from the Tote.

I remember when the sags ran out a guy not far in front of us started swinging his blue and white scarf above his head. I was surprised at how many around us explained in graphic detail where the scarf would end up if he did it again! 

He didn't.

Been to many a gas / city derby over the years at wherever they are residing that season and can honestly say have watched more games in amongst them then at the usually very limited allocation of an away end they give us , 

Best was obviously on the tote ( the lock change game ) even after they had so called got the city fans to the muller road end a few of us managed to stay discreet in there , I must say there were very angry at what had happened and extremely jumpy all game ??, another time when we played them on a night game at Horfield city had sold out of the usual paltry allocation given so we decided to get hospitality up there unknown to our little bunch so had about 100 other city fans , as soon as ( I think it was Bent ) scored 2/3 of the hospitality were up off there seats with all the gas looking up at us , again not very happy.

sort of wish they would get a better stadium ( well not really I don’t ) but would be lovely to take 4 or 5k to there new dump and wipe the floor with them ( on the pitch I mean ) off the pitch is the norm anyway??

Edited by redkev
  • Like 4