IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

14 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the latest issue of “local man is liar”, Sam Frost has travelled deep into Joeys rectum to reflect on two years of Barton at the gas. It’s quite the read.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-joey-barton-two-8177027

”With 10,000 gasheads in full voice, nothing seems impossible at the Mem”

”Attendances at the mem often break through the 9,000 barrier”

Lets just check how often nothing seems impossible by seeing when 10k rovers attend, and also how “often” (dictionary definition: Frequently) that 9k barrier is breached:

Oh. 

37F1F474-099B-4361-8849-34B507155466.jpeg

FFS - don't bring your actual facts lies into this.

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

In the latest issue of “local man is liar”, Sam Frost has travelled deep into Joeys rectum to reflect on two years of Barton at the gas. It’s quite the read.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-rovers-joey-barton-two-8177027

Lets just check how often nothing seems impossible by seeing when 10k rovers attend, and also how “often” (dictionary definition: Frequently) that 9k barrier is breached:

Oh. 

Plus of course those attendance figures include away fans.

In reality they have about 6,500 season ticket holders, plus maybe 1,500 (being generous) or so pay on the day types. In reality about 8,000 'core' fans.

Edited by ExiledAjax

2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Plus of course those attendance figures include away fans.

In reality they have about 6,500 season ticket holders, plus maybe 1,500 being generous) or so pay on the day types. In reality about 8,000 'core' fans.

Just over 5,000 according to that article. Recording breaking sales I'll have you know ?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Oh. 

People can and do sing in the car park you know?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

It's so obvious that Frost is shit scared of upsetting Barton, so far up his ass it's unreal.

His job is to get clicks, normally controversy = clicks but the blue few are so insecure and insular that they’re in a unique position in which only blind fabricated praise gets clicks.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Just over 5,000 according to that article. Recording breaking sales I'll have you know ?

Just to say as well, we have more than 6,500 full paying adult season ticket holders. Plus another 7,000 in the various age and concession categories.

But yeh, we have more full price adult STs than they have total ST holders.

45 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Oh. 

Good job they have plenty of local derbies!!!!!

• Like 1

On 21/02/2023 at 17:53, Barrs Court Red said:

Yate would probably a good place for them to pitch up the circus .  It’s got a station, it’s expanding massively, is relatively easy to get to from their ever diminishing heartlands, there’s provision for a stadium in the South Glos local plan and it’s miles away from Bristol. 

Off they can ****....no having those bastards stinking out my town!

34 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Back in 1976 for the last time they averaged 10k (just), they may have hit 10k for the odd game since then (mostly against us I suspect).

47 years ago.

That bloke who "reports" on them in the Post needs educating.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

You forget the 150,000 locked out of Wembley when they were trying to get promoted to a Professional level.....

35 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Back in 1976 for the last time they averaged 10k (just), they may have hit 10k for the odd game since then (mostly against us I suspect).

47 years ago.

That bloke who "reports" on them in the Post needs educating.

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/brir.htm

He’s a disgrace & as this shows, a liar.

I have no idea if he is actually scared of Barton or simply a sycophant but he’s comfortably the most biased reporter I can ever remember cover either Bristol team.

• Like 3

“Thirty-two games into the season, without looking into form, Rovers are in a satisfactory position in the table, eight points clear of the relegation zone with consolidation the primary aim.“

Sam Frost, 23 Feb 2023

“The one thing I will guarantee the Gasheads is that I won't rest until I’ve given them a team that is capable of getting in the Championship, staying in the Championship and beyond that,” Barton added. “That’s why I’m here, that’s why I’m away from my missus and my kids. Leaving my kids on Christmas Day, crying, going, ‘Dad, where are you going?’ I’m going to get a promotion at Bristol Rovers again.“

Joey Barton 31 Dec 2022

• Haha 12
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

“Thirty-two games into the season, without looking into form, Rovers are in a satisfactory position in the table, eight points clear of the relegation zone with consolidation the primary aim.“

Sam Frost, 23 Feb 2023

“The one thing I will guarantee the Gasheads is that I won't rest until I’ve given them a team that is capable of getting in the Championship, staying in the Championship and beyond that,” Barton added. “That’s why I’m here, that’s why I’m away from my missus and my kids. Leaving my kids on Christmas Day, crying, going, ‘Dad, where are you going?’ I’m going to get a promotion at Bristol Rovers again.“

Joey Barton 31 Dec 2022

Ha Ha Ha Lol GIF

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

He’s a disgrace & as this shows, a liar.

I have no idea if he is actually scared of Barton or simply a sycophant but he’s comfortably the most biased reporter I can ever remember cover either Bristol team.

He’s like Lewis Carroll with some of the fantasy stuff he makes up. 

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Oh. 

The word should be occasionally !

41 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Sam Frost, 23 Feb 2023

Joey Barton 31 Dec 2022

Nothing to do with a Restraining Order then ?

• Haha 2

On 21/02/2023 at 17:53, Barrs Court Red said:

Yate would probably a good place for them to pitch up the circus .  It’s got a station, it’s expanding massively, is relatively easy to get to from their ever diminishing heartlands, there’s provision for a stadium in the South Glos local plan and it’s miles away from Bristol. 

Not welcome here, definitely a dying breed - thankfully.

11 hours ago, TheReds said:

I do not know one single person who has stopped watching the Football to then change and go to the Rugby. I know a few who do both who never previously watched the Rugby, and a few who just go to the Rugby who never previously.

That poor Saggie must have thousands of City mates to have found out his "fact" of there being many who have changed. Because I would bet the house on it being completely made up bullsh1t (or he simply knows one person).

Ironically I know a gas who has stopped going to the football and now buys a bears season ticket every year.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

See if you can make sense of this...

What many fail to mention is that many who once watched ROVERS have now transitioned to the rugby and now do not go to the football and i am talking what used to be hardcore fans.<<

Ok, I’ve changed the post for accuracy.

11 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

“That’s why I’m here, that’s why I’m away from my missus and my kids. Leaving my kids on Christmas Day, crying, going, ‘Dad, where are you going?’ I’m going to get a promotion at Bristol Rovers again.“

Joey Barton 31 Dec 2022

So cringy.

What a divvy! I bet they all lapped that up as well. Joey marching out the house on Christmas Day telling his kids that Rovers must come first ?

In reality he was probably bundled out of his house by the rozzers.

”ar eh dad where ya going?”

”the nick”

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A Gashead I know well I say Gashead he goes to about 2 games a season but he has got the Captain Pugwash tattoo, he would go to more games but they sell out weeks in advance apparently anyway a while back he was spouting about the gap closing and they were closing in on top 6 etc now he seems to reverted back to being a Man Utd fan !!?‍♂️ 

• Haha 2