IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

29 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Now that’s an unusual goal celebration…

Unusual in that it was a goal scored by Portsmouth 

2DE598CB-3A75-4DED-B2CA-CA7CAC783D8A.jpeg

I totally misunderstood when Barton said his captain didn't do a good enough job the other night.

He's got some tekkers by the looks of it. 

Edited by Gazred

3 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Now that’s an unusual goal celebration…

Unusual in that it was a goal scored by Portsmouth 

2DE598CB-3A75-4DED-B2CA-CA7CAC783D8A.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

A worthy entry for Viz`s up the arse corner.

Well that sucks...

13 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0f8jbdr

I have heard the first 20 minutes, but he hasn't said anything particularly outrageous yet. 

I have listened to this now and I think the best thing I can say about him is that he is a man of many contradictions.

He makes me think of a boxer who talks a good fight, because for all the good things he says in this interview it seems that he struggles to put a lot of it into practice judging by the stories and press interviews. Definitely worth a listen though.

IMG_20230323_100958.thumb.jpg.8064c4d8036f0cf024ea4aaa23bb2f5a.jpg

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I have listened to this now and I think the best thing I can say about him is that he is a man of many contradictions.

He makes me think of a boxer who talks a good fight, because for all the good things he says in this interview it seems that he struggles to put a lot of it into practice judging by the stories and press interviews. Definitely worth a listen though.

IMG_20230323_100958.thumb.jpg.8064c4d8036f0cf024ea4aaa23bb2f5a.jpg

Man of many contradictions…..aka a bullshitter.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Their official twitter account

what a bunch of *****

While I might agree, TBF their Media Dept hasn't got a lot to work with.
The Team regularly getting humped , It's a miserable time of year to be under canvas , the manager doesn't give them many positive headlines , if they have a kit launch everyone knows it will be blue and white quarters. 

They have to get content from somewhere.

8 hours ago, Lewisdabaron said:

But but but…

The gash ‘eads are more loyaler & prowder.

Trashton gate is a library with a bunch thick “82er Teds” from South Bristol.

blah blah blah…

OTIB!!!

They are obsessed with the farcical idea that City draw all their support from south Bristol.

A close look at the user names and descriptors of posters on here would quickly put paid to that idiotic idea.

I've lived in the US, Australia, London, Leeds, Kent, Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset as well as east Bristol, but never south Bristol. 

The main difference I've found between City fans I encounter and Gasheads, is we actually go to games, whereas most Gasheads "haven't been for yonks". Not to watch Rovers anyway. Sometimes they've been to Anfield or Old Trafford or the Emirates, or wherever there less embarrassing "second club" play. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

They are obsessed with the farcical idea that City draw all their support from south Bristol.

A close look at the user names and descriptors of posters on here would quickly put paid to that idiotic idea.

I've lived in the US, Australia, London, Leeds, Kent, Hampshire, Dorset, Somerset as well as east Bristol, but never south Bristol. 

The main difference I've found between City fans I encounter and Gasheads, is we actually go to games, whereas most Gasheads "haven't been for yonks". Not to watch Rovers anyway. Sometimes they've been to Anfield or Old Trafford or the Emirates, or wherever there less embarrassing "second club" play. 

Funny you should mention that but only a couple of gashead mates had season tickets. The other 5 or 6 went to big home games and mostly away games. Apparently thats more the culture for them lot.

4 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Funny you should mention that but only a couple of gashead mates had season tickets. The other 5 or 6 went to big home games and mostly away games. Apparently thats more the culture for them lot.

When the current Mrs R first moved down we looked at a house here that was being sold by a Gashead.

We got chatting football and I asked him if he got to many home games. 

"The last one was at Twerton when Gerry Francis was managing us ... but I've been to Ashton Gate to see you lot a few times since then!"  :laughcont:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4