IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

25 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They weren`t the same two that filmed themselves telling the world that they were now the sixth richest club in the league a few years back?

Unlucky da shit.

no but one of them was in the eastend that night singing about their new ground.

8 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Just getting rid of the portaloos would be a win for the locals you would imagine. What must they smell like in August?

I imagine they smell pretty similar to the smell of the river by the fruit market in August. 

• Hmmm 1

We've heard all this so many times, Severnside - Stoke Gifford -Rebuilt Mem with student flats - UWE -  the only time they get a ground is by stealing it...tried and failed to steal AG....succeeded in stealing The Mem.

The regeneration of the Fruit Market site will eventually proceed without them IMO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Rovers playing home games 5/10 mins from Bris/Knowle West will be great fun. 

Bollocks to the "fun"

This lot is a South Glos club, don't want the ******* anywhere near south of the river thank you. That said, I know what you're saying  :laugh:

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Do they have planning for resi? It's not a given. 

50 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

As good as. The residents around there will be far happier with a resi use than a stadium full of bin-dipping, inbreds, or a supermarket. 

'kin right we will. BS7 around the Gloucester Road is a great place to live most of the time, but having dozens of ill-mannered, badly-dressed simpletons descend on your local hostelries every other Saturday doesn't really go down so well.

44 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

What if the inbreds move into the houses?

None of them can afford to live here. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, westonred said:

I cant see the Council granting planning permission for a stadium so close to the City Centre when they have been trying to limit the number of vehicles entering this area for years 

Didn't BCC turn down their own Indoor Arena plans near this site as the road infrastructure was not adequate

But an indoor arena with rock concerts would attract thousands of fans, so it's not really a fair comparison.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

'kin right we will. BS7 around the Gloucester Road is a great place to live most of the time, but having dozens of ill-mannered, badly-dressed simpletons descend on your local hostelries every other Saturday doesn't really go down so well.

None of them can afford to live here. 

Why can't I like this twice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

You in the business, Eddie?

I was, left it about two / three years ago,

I would recommend it as it's very interesting, though you do need a lot of patience and acceptance as some schemes will take years and others you work up may not happen at all. You learn not to pin your hopes on any one scheme but to have several running at any one time at various stages of planning and build.

I worked on big schemes which were generally brownfield and hence a lot more complex than a developer just dumping two hundred houses on some green fields but less complex than this fruit market / memorial ground land swap as proposed.

Complex schemes aren't doomed to failure but they do take a lot longer because of the number of interested parties you have to keep happy and the often fine margins on the finances which can mean multuple redesigns as new costs and issues emerge,

One big unknown is "what lies beneath", as in tunnels, pipes, shafts, or solid rock.  The absolute A1 worst thing to find is that the ground is polluted with, say, asbestos debris.  And I have had this but only the once,  As the clean up bills are enormous and usually burn straight through your contingency.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

It's land at the Fruit Market site in exchange for the land of and around the Memorial Stadium rather than for free.

So they would still need the money and planning to build anything even if this did go well for them? A land swap?

Hmmm.

Edited by Ska Junkie

34 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Spotted these sick comments posted on someone’s FB tonight…

C3D6F462-3CED-41C1-B1AC-C500DA05DE74.jpeg

04704A6E-2E0A-4F42-8736-8B5296A11EBE.jpeg

Says it all really doesn't it.

Marcus Stewart - a City fan and briefly a City player - but then went to work with the 'tards on-and-off for 7 years.  Everyone who has posted here has wished the guy well and luck with his battle against MND.  Operating on a human level, you want Marcus to have as long as possible, enjoy life as much as he can. You wish him all the best.

These inbreeds though. They are on a different level of evolution. 

• Flames 2

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

This is what I am still struggling with, and why Rovers will have to put up more money than just the sale of the Mem to help finance the new stadium. 

And that's what I just cannot see, Wael and family committing many more millions into a project dependent on third parties, which may ultimately never happen. 

I'd heard that the family are already very nervous about supporting a top 10 L1 wage bill for Barton, and that is shown in their recently released £3.7m loss. 

The family are open to selling Rovers, and maybe a new consortium might be interested in part financing a new stadium. But there's so many if's and but's.

As with the UWE project, it's like a house of cards, and only takes one party to pull the plug and it's over. 

Wally's just a speculator. The Sainsbury's deal was already in place and all he had to do was move the money from the sale of the rugby ground to the UWE site.

The UWE deal was done and it was the sags, not UWE who pulled out. Wally didn't like the numbers.

He hasn't got the funds to make that sort of significant long term investment and as we well know Ashton Gate and the immediate surrounding area will/has received significant private lnvestment which the council are benifitting from. Our development would never have gone ahead without it so what makes them think relying on other companies with their own agendas including the councils to provide that substantial investment will deliver them a new ground.

16 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

40 - 45,000 seater stadium…….they really are the most deluded folks going ?

986A09EF-4F69-4989-A0EE-41807B107209.png

Well they need to fit in all those that they pretend went to Wembley…

If this happens (plenty of water needs to pass under the bridge first) I reckon we are looking at a stadium that is 15,000 tops.

For them that would be ideal, a slightly bigger version of Rotherham’s ground.

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Well they need to fit in all those that they pretend went to Wembley…

If this happens (plenty of water needs to pass under the bridge first) I reckon we are looking at a stadium that is 15,000 tops.

For them that would be ideal, a slightly bigger version of Rotherham’s ground.

Looking at that thread they keep talking like the whole area is going to be given over to a stadium and it's environs, when in reality it would have to be squeezed in between housing, offices and retail outlets. I don't see how it can be much bigger than you suggest or have any room for expansion if it was ever required.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

So they would still need the money and planning to build anything even if this did go well for them? A land swap?

Hmmm.

That isn't what the club has said in earlier statements.

The swap is they give the developer all of the Memorial Stadium site, in which the developer will build and sell houses and flats, and in return they will receive a, presumably smaller, piece of land on the fruit market site and the developer will build them a stadium.

It isn't a freebie, the aim is profit on selling houses on the memorial ground land exceeds or at least reaches the cost of building the new ground and the value of the land it is built on.

This is similar to the UWE / Sainsbury's deal as the new ground is being funded by the sale / swap of the existing one.

As with that one though there is no guarantee that it will happen.

The core of this plan will be building properties for sale on the fruit market site, the new Rovers ground is in there in the hope that it will make obtaining planning permission easier and maybe add some additional profit for the developer if the new houses on the Memorial Stadium land sell well.

It could all go ahead with Rovers entirely cut out, they are not going to be a core part of the plan.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
hope autocorrect to hood
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
13 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How much delusion can you get in just 3 posts.

Screenshot_2023-04-07-09-09-57-38_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Are these people mentally ill?

I haven’t had a tape measure out, but the fruit market isn’t a huge swathe of land, one side it is bordered by a rail line, it looks like a transfer line from St Phillips Marsh train maintenance depot, which it is, but it is also the mainline diversionary route to bypass Temple Meads in the event the station has to be closed for an emergency.  So no expansion that way.

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

**** me they genuinely must be the most deluded fanbase in the country. After so many failed attempts at getting a new stadium and with this ‘news’ not actually announcing anything of substance for BRFC - you’d think the muppets would keep their mouths shut but they just cannot help themselves can they. Thick *****.

Edited by Bris Red
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Are these people mentally ill?

I haven’t had a tape measure out, but the fruit market isn’t a huge swathe of land, one side it is bordered by a rail line, it looks like a transfer line from St Phillips Marsh train maintenance depot, which it is, but it is also the mainline diversionary route to bypass Temple Meads in the event the station has to be closed for an emergency.  So no expansion that way.

It’s not a huge swath of land you are correct, far from it in fact. The road links in and out of that whole area are absolutely horrendous, I can’t even see the council giving them planning for it let alone the scabs being able to raise the £ to build the thing.

13 hours ago, Dredd said:

It's genuinely an awful spot to drive and park at. Maybe they are relying on people using Bristols fantastic train infrastructure 

Surely even our poor network rail system should be able to cope with a couple of dozen gas heads on the twice a day service from patchway  & Filton down to temple meads 

28 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

As someone who lives nearby, there is quite literally nothing by it other than the recycling centre. Paintworks is ******* ages away and also, hardly a bustling area. 

they are genuinely deluded aren’t they