IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

16 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

They really haven’t got the slightest have they ?

I’m sure he knows a lot more about business than you and I Topper.
You could argue he is ruthless because he ditched the UWE deal as he didn’t get the deal he wanted…. Despite knowing it would be devastating to Gasheads at the time .
As he explained clearly in his interview, that he sees the Gas as a love and an investment. By improving the infrastructure and climbing the leagues losses will hopefully fall and we may even post profits in the future .
If he bought the Gas for ( total guess) £5m
, he’s spends 100m to get the Club into the championship in a new stadium….. how much is the club worth then ? I’d argue a lot more than £105m .

So are we worth about £300m then? 

Did that Sag go to the Glaziers school of accounting?

16 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

he’s spends 100m to get the Club into the championship in a new stadium….. how much is the club worth then ? I’d argue a lot more than £105m .

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Probably about 15 - 20% of that for a low end yo-yo club. You could pick up Rotherham, Blackpool or Wigan for that I should think.

This interesting article estimates how much it would cost to buy a Football club at each level. https://the-elastico.com/cost-of-football-clubs/

Obviously they've been on the methane again.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

They really haven’t got the slightest have they ?

I’m sure he knows a lot more about business than you and I Topper.
You could argue he is ruthless because he ditched the UWE deal as he didn’t get the deal he wanted…. Despite knowing it would be devastating to Gasheads at the time .
As he explained clearly in his interview, that he sees the Gas as a love and an investment. By improving the infrastructure and climbing the leagues losses will hopefully fall and we may even post profits in the future .
If he bought the Gas for ( total guess) £5m
, he’s spends 100m to get the Club into the championship in a new stadium….. how much is the club worth then ? I’d argue a lot more than £105m .

What in the Bristol's cocaine riddled water system is that logic?

I've seen some stupid takes - but dear lord. If that makes Rovers worth £105m, what on earth are we worth? -  Someone tell SL to up the asking price pronto.

There’s more, price is going up… ???

At this level at the Mem then I would say it’s a bad loss. He would struggle to get £10m for us. 

Our losses are higher because he’s choosing to spend more on us making us a more professional outfit on and off the pitch. 

However, get a new stadium, carry on the quarters developments and get us into the championship then I would say he’s looking at a profit and we would be worth around £125m as we would be oven ready for a promotion push to the promised land. 

Now I’m not saying for one minute that’s what’s going to happen, but it’s a possibility if you look at the evidence of Brighton, Swansea and Cardiff.

Put it this way, in terms of value, Derby County cost the new owners £40m with an additional £45m to be settled to creditors and the taxman and that was with Mel Morris agreeing to wipe out his £120m debt. That’s with them relegated to L1 with no football management and a half a first team. 

A championship club these days is big money with all the right pieces of the jigsaw in place doesn’t come cheap. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Ah yes, avoiding relegation was always the aim. There was definitely never any talk of the play-offs in the first half of the season... ?

Haha, yeah, stupid bastards.

Before Christmas they were touching each other up about the possibility of us going down and them going up. Getting all excited way too early as they always do. 

Always makes it more satisfying when they end up bottling it and drop back down the L1 table and we survive comfortably in the division above.

Thanks Slagheads ?

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

7 hours ago, petehinton said:

Hahaha ffs, they weren’t speaking about threatening relegation at all, they were just spouting shit about promotion pushes. Frost has gone proper North Korea this season. 

C1380E98-134B-4441-88AB-37B7039E0F63.jpeg

Frost is an embarrassment.

He actually tried to pretend earlier in the season the Burnley defender they had on loan (Thomas?) who buggered off in January to join Barnsley instead wasn’t someone that they would miss, because he had been “inconsistent”.

The total opposite of what he’d been saying only a few weeks before.

They are 2 points ahead of Cheltenham, they way he’s reported on them you’d think they were having Argyle’s season.

• Robin 1

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

However, get a new stadium, carry on the quarters developments and get us into the championship then I would say he’s looking at a profit and we would be worth around £125m as we would be oven ready for a promotion push to the promised land. 

Holy mackeral, it is worse than I thought, there is no hope for them.

Pure fiction. 'Once upon a time in a galaxy far, far away.... '

10 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

how much is the club worth then ? I’d argue a lot more than £105m .

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

we would be worth around £125m

Good lord they honestly cannot even conceive what the top two divisions are like.

Sheffield Utd are currently being hawked for around £90m. Premier League Bournemouth were valued at about £120m in 2022.

If, when Lansdown sells, we are valued at anything over £100m that would be an incredible outcome. And our sale would include AG, a squad worth circa £30m, and a fanbase 3 to 4 times their size.

33 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Good lord they honestly cannot even conceive what the top two divisions are like.

Sheffield Utd are currently being hawked for around £90m. Premier League Bournemouth were valued at about £120m in 2022.

If, when Lansdown sells, we are valued at anything over £100m that would be an incredible outcome. And our sale would include AG, a squad worth circa £30m, and a fanbase 3 to 4 times their size.

TrussGas, KwartengGas and DianneAbbotGas have verified that valuation of £125m.

I’m not an accountant but there’s a thing called goodwill that hasn’t been factored in. Their fans have asked other fans and it turns out they’re everyone else’s second favourite team and you can’t put a price on that.

• Haha 10

7 minutes ago, glynriley said:

? oh poor deluded little saggie…

1E5616B1-CE24-463D-A07B-AA91E064525D.thumb.png.2da1bf26238ad8ca2663d79a90ef77c6.png

They are collectively feeding off the delusions of others. It's the footballing equivalent of Trumpism.

If they get a new stadium, they will likely be an attractive proposition for promoters, so they will likely be a venue that gets concerts, size of the venue won't matter greatly as a promoter will rent the stadium or space and fill it with an appropriately sized band.

Their fan zone... they seem to have convinced themselves that every pound spent is money in the kitty, which might be true of bar spend, but most of the vendors will have paid a fixed fee for the chance to pitch up on a match day to hawk their crisps and Fanta, the people making or losing the money will be those who have booked a space.

As for the £100mil plus price tag, no chance.

'Wanna buy my football club?' 

'How much does it make every year?'

'Err, it loses millions'

'But you own the stadium, yes?'

'Not quite'.

And at that point, any price is purely subjective, what sort of mentalist is going to pay £100mil knowing that they are going to need to prop the club up to the tune of many more millions.

Get to the Prem, survive for a couple seasons and it could be a game changer price wise, but aside from that, clubs are worth nothing. They are simply a play thing for the successful.

7 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

They are collectively feeding off the delusions of others. It's the footballing equivalent of Trumpism.

If they get a new stadium, they will likely be an attractive proposition for promoters, so they will likely be a venue that gets concerts, size of the venue won't matter greatly as a promoter will rent the stadium or space and fill it with an appropriately sized band.

Their fan zone... they seem to have convinced themselves that every pound spent is money in the kitty, which might be true of bar spend, but most of the vendors will have paid a fixed fee for the chance to pitch up on a match day to hawk their crisps and Fanta, the people making or losing the money will be those who have booked a space.

As for the £100mil plus price tag, no chance.

'Wanna buy my football club?' 

'How much does it make every year?'

'Err, it loses millions'

'But you own the stadium, yes?'

'Not quite'.

And at that point, any price is purely subjective, what sort of mentalist is going to pay £100mil knowing that they are going to need to prop the club up to the tune of many more millions.

Get to the Prem, survive for a couple seasons and it could be a game changer price wise, but aside from that, clubs are worth nothing. They are simply a play thing for the successful.

The Barron Knights?

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

TrussGas, KwartengGas and DianneAbbotGas have verified that valuation of £125m.

I’m not an accountant but there’s a thing called goodwill that hasn’t been factored in. Their fans have asked other fans and it turns out they’re everyone else’s second favourite team and you can’t put a price on that.

Hahahaha !! :rofl2br:

Just spat my cornflakes out !

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Who ?

So Bristol could have 2 clubs SOUTH of the river , one that owns its ground and one that rents a ground 

1D72E4DF-DB92-4D98-94B8-BF60AF2F081D.png

Just now, Magger1 said:

So Bristol could have 2 clubs SOUTH of the river , one that owns its ground and one that rents a ground 

1D72E4DF-DB92-4D98-94B8-BF60AF2F081D.png

ARENA ISLAND :laugh:

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Wait, so the fewers are not taking 30'000 and using up the whole away end capacity?  Must be a mistake

https://www.theposh.com/news/deskgo-stand-open-posh-supporters

Ah yeah, but, season over, nothing game, crap opposition..... no one would sell out the away end in similar circumstances would they?

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/categories/bristolcityfcaway

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

? oh poor deluded little saggie…

1E5616B1-CE24-463D-A07B-AA91E064525D.thumb.png.2da1bf26238ad8ca2663d79a90ef77c6.png

Where do they get these needy morons from? "yes, yes, but it has to be biggerer than trashton . . ." to house the 30,000 sags they'll need pontoons for the fruit market, always assuming they have enough car parks to satisfy the planners!  

On 21/04/2023 at 22:55, BCFC11 said:

Anyone else shitting themselves? ??

82ers sh**e forum trying to put a different spin on it, they're turning it all in to negatives, think the Barcelona of Bristol getting a tad twitchy that little old Rovers have exciting things happening

Aww bless. They actually believe that we are twitchy about them 'having discussions' with a developer where they are hoping to eventually come to an agreement where they'll get a free stadium?

I listened to Wally on Wednesday and as soon as Geoff Twozeroman mentioned the new stadium Wally's level of 'er, um' went off the scale. It was blatantly obvious to anyone with half a brain (as Gasheads are generally at Neanderthal level this is a problem) that he was trying his hardest to sound positive but in reality he could not provide anything concrete as the only thing that is concrete are 'discussions'. 

Nothing has been agreed and nothing will be agreed. Wally alludes to this by describing the task of finding the Sags a new and free place to squat as an 'impossible task'.

Let's face it, it is an impossible task to get a free squat. Even if the developer agreed (which they won't because they will want to get the best ROI for their investors) then Rovers will have to get agreement for a stadium to be built with sufficient access routes in an area which is looking at clear air zones and has environmental sustainability targets to satisfy. Then you have to factor in the nearby residential areas who will have to put up with increased noise level pollution on matchdays, hearing songs about an old granny and every other song about Bristol City. This would no doubt be met with public objection and could lead to ongoing red tape and legal costs.

Wally had to say something and so what he has basically said is that the people that Rovers have been talking to have paid a sum of money to take a look at the land. As the developer has made a positive step he has been able to piggy back with a positive statement for Rovers, but absolutely nothing has changed for Rovers. They were 'talking' before and they are 'still talking'. 

Their intent to swap a tent out with a tin roof at The Mem is a bigger indication (to me) of what is actually happening. When the pie in the sky ground falls though (and it will), they'll be able to say it's ok as at least you've now got a lovely tin roof on the South Stand at the Mem.

Gasheads are being led up the garden path. Their future is bleak...very bleak and Wally doesn't want the Neanderthals to turn during his tenure.

He's simply buying himself more time to stay liked because as we all know....."These things take time" and unfortunately it seems to be taking a considerable amount of time for the penny to drop with some Sags.

Fortunately, us Ted's see it without the tinted specs and delusion.

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 13
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

You need to get away from those things called facts. They don't work weel with those 40000+ Gasheads that turned up at Wembley...

31 minutes ago, TheReds said:

You need to get away from those things called facts. They don't work weel with those 40000+ Gasheads that turned up at Wembley...

Or that their club historian tacked an extra 10 years on to how old their club actually is!

Still, exaggerating figures......'It's what they do!'

• Like 2
  • Haha 2