IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Looks like a close game...

Screenshot_20230425-213234-848.png

“Yeah, but the way Plymouth play football…I’m not being funny but you don’t want to get promoted playing that way because when you go up to the championship you’ll get battered…battered…no, not like my wife, in the football sense. I’m confident that here we’re playing the right way - with no possession and a team of loan players who won’t be here next season…and that will lead us to being at the top end of the table next season. I’d rather not win the way they won today”

Etc. Etc.

• Haha 9
  • Flames 1

I had to root for them tonight.       Bristol Rovers might be a poor team, they may be largely ineffective or not up to much, but I had to hope they win this evening given the circumstances.        All right they let me down so to speak and, as much as Plymouth are a nuisance and we try to get past them and have that first finishing position, you have to allow a certain admiration in the way they get results and keep at it.   

It's very likely now we'll be back in the Championship next season.     All we need is at least one win against Exeter and Fleetwood and we've done it.    Even drawing both games should be enough.    Sheffield Wednesday have a huge load of pressure on themselves to get second place now.     

2 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

I had to root for them tonight.       Bristol Rovers might be a poor team, they may be largely ineffective or not up to much, but I had to hope they win this evening given the circumstances.        All right they let me down so to speak and, as much as Plymouth are a nuisance and we try to get past them and have that first finishing position, you have to allow a certain admiration in the way they get results and keep at it.   

It's very likely now we'll be back in the Championship next season.     All we need is at least one win against Exeter and Fleetwood and we've done it.    Even drawing both games should be enough.    Sheffield Wednesday have a huge load of pressure on themselves to get second place now.     

Some run you are on in fairness. 

20 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Imagine hearing that your manager wants 12 or 13 new players in, you'd be looking elsewhere already not knowing if you are one of the 3/4 he's going to keep

I’ll keep saying it, they’re in trouble. No football club can run like they way they’re being run. And they’ll probably need to do it without Collins next season too. Wael on RB last week saying there is basically no point in having an academy…. With a catchment area this big I mean, wtf. How can you be that clueless. 

They went all eggs in the Barton basket as quick as a flash, and once it starts going wrong it’ll be painful for them. Just hope and pray they can get good loans, or players on one year deals that are primarily from Fleetwood or that area. 

He’s even mentioned the new ground tonight, and that the club are basically too focused on that & he needs a whole new squad. 13 new players needed after signing 16 in the last 2 windows. He spent all summer chasing McCormick, spent a decent chunk (for them) on him and he’s been totally banished from the squad. They are blinkered. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TomF said:

Is me or is the footprint not that big.  Surely the developer wants mixed use/residential? When you look at the AG footprint it wouldn’t leave space for much else.   

Maybe the reason they have taken the £450k option is to see if they can do deals with some of the other units around that area. As it stands it's going to be a strange development if it is surrounded by all those industrial and business units.

7 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Oh I expect there is a good reason why the away attendance was so low…………. hold on……. incoming news of a made up excuse

axegas
about an hour ago

Only 400 gas there, was that all we were allocated?

They have GOT to allocate a certain % and you can bet your life it's more than 400............no it's just they couldn't be arsed     (it's what they do ) !

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Maybe the reason they have taken the £450k option is to see if they can do deals with some of the other units around that area. As it stands it's going to be a strange development if it is surrounded by all those industrial and business units.

It's would make the Brentford jobby look bog standard !

1 hour ago, Southend Blue said:

I had to root for them tonight.       Bristol Rovers might be a poor team, they may be largely ineffective or not up to much, but I had to hope they win this evening given the circumstances.     

Wash your mouth out SB, never EVER root for them, regardless.

Seek medical help and see you next season. ?