IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"Well a very happy 2and of may to all those old enough to remember that wonderful evening,probably my best game ever,a date the older Ted's still hate. FTG"

Wait until he sees tomorrow's date !

May 2nd 2001. Wycombe sent Bristol Rovers hurtling into the Third Division with a 2-1 victory at The Memorial Stadium.

I was there that night in 1990. The date came back to bite them on the arse though. May 2nd 2001, the last day that Bristol Rovers were in the same division as Bristol City. Happy May 2nd everyone !

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

"Well a very happy 2and of may to all those old enough to remember that wonderful evening,probably my best game ever,a date the older Ted's still hate. FTG"

Wait until he sees tomorrow's date !

The Second of May you say?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/1306803.stm

I well recall gasheads w*nking themselves into a coma every May 2nd post 1990, even naming their fanzine after it. 

Then, on 2nd May 2001, Rovers (hitherto the most mediocre side in English football having never been in top or bottom divisions) were relegated to league two for the first time in their history. By Wycombe (yep, them again!)

The tugging stopped. The circle jerking stopped. The 2nd May was now associated with the saddest day in their history, when they fell to the lowest ebb they had ever been to. A cruel irony - fate would have that their special day was now their most tragic achievement.

Until 16 years and one day later, obviously.

We should do advent calendars.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I well recall gasheads w*nking themselves into a coma every May 2nd post 1990, even naming their fanzine after it. 

Then, on 2nd May 2001, Rovers (hitherto the most mediocre side in English football having never been in top or bottom divisions) were relegated to league two for the first time in their history. By Wycombe (yep, them again!)

The tugging stopped. The circle jerking stopped. The 2nd May was now associated with the saddest day in their history, when they fell to the lowest ebb they had ever been to. A cruel irony - fate would have that their special day was now their most tragic achievement.

Surely they couldn't drop any lower than that, that must be their lowest ebb ever???! ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

We need some kind of Stretford end counter at Ashton Gate. Each year just turn it over again.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

May 2nd 2001. Wycombe sent Bristol Rovers hurtling into the Third Division with a 2-1 victory at The Memorial Stadium.

I was there that night in 1990. The date came back to bite them on the arse though. May 2nd 2001, the last day that Bristol Rovers were in the same division as Bristol City. Happy May 2nd everyone !

May 2nd is my birthday. I have to say 1990`s was one to forget but 2001 more than made up for it.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

GOAL! Shrewsbury 1-0 Rovers

Luke Leahy.

The former Rovers skipper gets his head on the corner and powers it past Ellery Balcombe. 

He seemed to give the Gasheads behind the goal a bit of stick as he wheeled away to celebrate.

Oh that will upset them.

Looks like every Gashead was given 3 or 4 empty seats as a bonus ?

Let's play their "guess the away following" game...Shrewsbury about 125 miles from Bristol, just over 2 hours away, last away game of the season although just after a bank holiday tbf, a club with huge away support (it's what they do)...I'm going for 1100 away fans (if they do travel in massive numbers) as they claim ?

6 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Let's play their "guess the away following" game...Shrewsbury about 125 miles from Bristol, just over 2 hours away, last away game of the season although just after a bank holiday tbf, a club with huge away support (it's what they do)...I'm going for 1100 away fans (if they do travel in massive numbers) as they claim ?

Much less than 1100

41 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Yeah, because the thing Leeds need to do is appoint someone to make them more hated and who has a management record which ranges from mediocre to shit.

They really do make themselves look like tits.

Yet they wonder why we continue to take the piss out of them ?

5 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Yet they wonder why we continue to take the piss out of them ?

Thats from their official twitter ??

WTF, **** me.

What a bunch of arseholes.

Bristol ******* Rovers taking the piss out of Leeds United.

I've seen it all now.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 3