IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 hours ago, Dogbert said:

They have another new charge registered at companies house from Nationwide Finance, this time the charge against the whole club as far as I can see.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/04501223/filing-history

It'll probably be another 6 months before a Fewer comments on it on Gaschat for fear of being banned for not blowing smoke up the bottom of Wally and Joey.

Thankfully Nationwide Finance is nothing to do with the building society. There is no way they would lend to a shady outfit like them, and I'd be worried about my 100 quid bonus the building society are paying next month to us loyal members if they did lend to them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

id have thought chris martin would be too smart to have anything to do with that bellend thug. forest green as already said would be a much preferable team to play for and he would excel in league 2

At his age offers will be tin on the ground, so Beggars can't be choosers .

10 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

If offer will be tin on the ground, Rovers are a perfect match.

#TINpot

A tin can was often a poor substitute for a ball in days gone by, but as the gas insist “if they play in the streets we’ll watch from the pavement”, it seems apt.

• Haha 1

On 18/05/2023 at 17:15, Red_Alligator said:

Yes, it's been this way for a long time now. Anything City related tends to be on the negative - we "fail" they "miss out", they're "edged out by a strong side" whereas we are  "beaten by a below par side" etc. I'm sure that this is part of the reason that their fans are so deluded, and some of ours are perpetually disappointed. 

Could it just be that the journos are reflecting the attitudes of supporters?  There is a section of our support that is farcically critical.  Everything is a disaster. We should have done this, should have done that. 

As you say, with that lot it is mostly delusion so the team were unlucky etc.

On 17/05/2023 at 23:36, WessexPest said:

Haha - Shart-on gets the book thrown at him again. He really does suit that grimy pustule of a club down to the ground, the scummy Scouse twunt of a Gastard.

Incredibly many of their weirdos are actually proud that their manager has been banned from the ground. ?

Shows passion apparently… 

They really are ******* idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

26 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Could it just be that the journos are reflecting the attitudes of supporters?  There is a section of our support that is farcically critical.  Everything is a disaster. We should have done this, should have done that. 

As you say, with that lot it is mostly delusion so the team were unlucky etc.

You've certainly nailed that...................you may be right that the City reporters are reflecting that mindset, it's almost inevitable to be fair, BUT ever since Mike Norton got into the Editor's Office there has also been clear bias towards the Few in many instances. Not that it matters though because with a local media that fawns all over them and sneers at us they still can't get close. How embarrassing is that?

29 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Incredibly many of their weirdos are actually proud that their manager has been banned from the ground. ?

Shows passion apparently… 

They really are ******* idiots.

The same idiots that refer to Pearson as a bully...............them and Port Vale are literally the thickest support bases in the country, peas in a pod, not even up for debate.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You've certainly nailed that...................you may be right that the City reporters are reflecting that mindset, it's almost inevitable to be fair, BUT ever since Mike Norton got into the Editor's Office there has also been clear bias towards the Few in many instances. Not that it matters though because with a local media that fawns all over them and sneers at us they still can't get close. How embarrassing is that?

Interesting that Sam Frost has been moved on from his almost complete obedience to the cult of Barton.

Hopefully James Piercey will be able to challenge Barton more on his style of management. It's felt like journalists were previously scared to call him out on his decision making, and behaviour.

40 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Interesting that Sam Frost has been moved on from his almost complete obedience to the cult of Barton.

Hopefully James Piercey will be able to challenge Barton more on his style of management. It's felt like journalists were previously scared to call him out on his decision making, and behaviour.

It is his record of bad behaviour which is the problem. In any society or organisation people make mistakes but often they learn, everyone deserves a 2nd chance. JB has a long history of incidents and shows no signs of changing. I couldn't easily support a team that employed someone like that. Good to hear that some Rovers supporters have the same reservations, not so good that some have a blind faith in him.

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Sadly can’t see that happening, whilst Piercy is a superior journalist, print media is dying on its arse & so the temptation to run outlandish stories is high.

Barton gives them what they want, quotable nonsense about hating the opposition, having no respect for their achievements & his moaning about the officials after virtually every defeat.

The “story” about the cancelled pre season friendly with them is a case in point. I genuinely believe that he made it up, for a start we are sorting out the pitch post the Arctic Monkeys gig, so it would have been at the HPC, which makes the claim “fans would love it” irrelevant as no one could actually attend.
His ridiculous & obnoxious claims attract far more attention than those of a more sober reflective manager.

Frost moved on, as has Forrester because it’s poorly paid & not secure employment these days, he was a total disgrace though, basically North Korean in his reporting.

• Like 5

_76088059_trainmathurreuters.jpg.13473ff611308b9a7e318d2eb214974a.jpg

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just read on the "stadium" thread over there that at least one of them thinks there will be sufficient demand to charter trains in from the outer reaches, on match days.?

Some of the locked out arriving. 

Edited by chucky
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Sadly can’t see that happening, whilst Piercy is a superior journalist, print media is dying on its arse & so the temptation to run outlandish stories is high.

Barton gives them what they want, quotable nonsense about hating the opposition, having no respect for their achievements & his moaning about the officials after virtually every defeat.

The “story” about the cancelled pre season friendly with them is a case in point. I genuinely believe that he made it up, for a start we are sorting out the pitch post the Arctic Monkeys gig, so it would have been at the HPC, which makes the claim “fans would love it” irrelevant as no one could actually attend.
His ridiculous & obnoxious claims attract far more attention than those of a more sober reflective manager.

Frost moved on, as has Forrester because it’s poorly paid & not secure employment these days, he was a total disgrace though, basically North Korean in his reporting.

hotfuzz.jpg.b951587ac6b37de7a7507525c19cd331.jpg

New Gas reporter due anytime then ?

5 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

The same idiots that refer to Pearson as a bully...

This hypocrisy had occurred to me.

Pearson asks legitimate questions about the number of penalty decisions that had gone against us over a freakishly long amount of time and they call him a moaner.

Scrappy Doo says/screams something at a referee deemed serious enough to get him banned from the ground and its “passion” because he ‘understands’ and ‘gets’ the Gas ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Flames 2

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Just read on the "stadium" thread over there that at least one of them thinks there will be sufficient demand to charter trains in from the outer reaches, on match days.?

Oh my Lord! ??

Why? 

Is the existing amount of Rolling Stock on the network not enough to ferry a some Sagheads from Patchway and Filton Abbey Wood every other Saturday? ?

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Oh my Lord! ??

Why? 

Is the existing amount of Rolling Stock on the network not enough to ferry a some Sagheads from Patchway and Filton Abbey Wood every other Saturday? ?

Don’t worry when they realise that charter means ‘hire’ and they have to pay, I’m sure they’ll drop that idea ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

This hypocrisy had occurred to me.

Pearson asks legitimate questions about the number of penalty decisions that had gone against us over a freakishly long amount of time and they call him a moaner.

Scrappy Doo says/screams something at a referee deemed serious enough to get him banned from the ground and its “passion” because he ‘understands’ and ‘gets’ the Gas ?

Well, I get the gas, but just tend to expel it out my rear end !