IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, RedRock said:

Normally, a lot of work on computers would be undertaken to calculate angles between properties to ensure any potential loss of light is calculated and design adjusted to ensure ‘acceptable levels’. Additionally, detailed analysis would normally be done to ensure anybody new development is not  ‘overbearing’ on neighbouring properties.

An alternative approach, to quote myself at a public inquiry ‘this development was designed on the back of a fag packet, the only problem being they didn’t even manage that’. 

Wonder which design method has been adopted for The Sags Cow Shed?

Do you think they've considered how, many years ago, the raised level platform which forms the Memorial Ground was created ?

Is the terra firma sub-structure suitable for the load bearing pillars needed if an "Atyeo" sized grandstand is to be constructed ?   

1 minute ago, bert tann said:

Do you think they've considered how, many years ago, the raised level platform which forms the Memorial Ground was created ?

Is the terra firma sub-structure suitable for the load bearing pillars needed if an "Atyeo" sized grandstand is to be constructed ?   

Think I’ve sussed it now.

The stand will be two-tiered due to ground stability issues. The lower tier, the expensive tickets, subterranean viewing their  ‘Championship ready’ sprinkler system. The upper tier, above ground, the cheap tickets with a view of a pillar, with ‘pillar and pitch glimpses’ for the lowest priced. That explanation would seem to fit nicely with their ‘pre-school child’ stand graphic and increased capacity claims. 

13 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Think I’ve sussed it now.

The stand will be two-tiered due to ground stability issues. The lower tier, the expensive tickets, subterranean viewing their  ‘Championship ready’ sprinkler system. The upper tier, above ground, the cheap tickets with a view of a pillar, with ‘pillar and pitch glimpses’ for the lowest priced. That explanation would seem to fit nicely with their ‘pre-school child’ stand graphic and increased capacity claims. 

Subterranean homesick blues ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bert tann said:

Any spectators in the stand may get a sinking feeling, but they’ll be used to it after watching Rovers 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, CiderJar said:

In other news they think they have sold 500 out of 740 season tickets in the corner of a new stand that is yet to get planning permission. I can't see that here will be any problems at all in doing that.

Forget 'Row M' this stand might not have a Row A, or B, or C..... 

My sister has finally got her hands on her first allotment this year at a brand new site.

Last night she sent me some photos of their progress so far and as you are probably guessing there is an uncanny similarity with the photos above. She has free admission at the barrier. There were some delays with planning permission apparently...... I assume the bean canes and tomato plants are just out of shot at the Mem.

Fortunately she doesn't have any drainage problems and her sprinklers are Championship ready.