IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

On 26/05/2023 at 08:36, CiderJar said:

In other news they think they have sold 500 out of 740 season tickets in the corner of a new stand that is yet to get planning permission. 

Why do they need that? We were assured just a few years ago, when Rovers became 6th richest club in the land, that they were going to buy Ashton Gate.

On 26/05/2023 at 18:32, Barrs Court Red said:

As a few years have passed….what caused the row between the Lamb and the Billy one Xmas? 

No idea, I was in the King Billy last week. Think it's days are numbered now the tesco metro has fallen through in the garden. Was dead in there

Edited by BS30 City

3 hours ago, 22A said:

Why do they need that? We were assured just a few years ago, when Rovers became 6th richest club in the land, that they were going to buy Ashton Gate.

2 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Keep up. Ashton Gate isn’t big enough for a team that’s bigger than Norwich. 

I do believe they actually said they were going to buy AG and use it as their training ground.

It makes you wonder why they`re still using a fox shit covered field with some portacabins on it up Cribbs. These things do take time though.................

15 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I do believe they actually said they were going to buy AG and use it as their training ground.

It makes you wonder why they`re still using a fox shit covered field with some portacabins on it up Cribbs. These things do take time though.................

Fox shit covered field aka 'Premier League ready training complex'

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Malago said:

That’s the Gas got a nice away trip to Carlisle, hopefully on a cold wet winter’s night.

Great away day on a weekend and stay in Newcastle, I was up there when JET got a perfect hat-trick which must have been about 10-12 years ago.

10 hours ago, BS30 City said:

No idea, I was in the King Billy last week. Think it's days are numbered now the tesco metro has fallen through in the garden. Was dead in there

Pubs round that way seem to go through spells. When I was 18 the Crown used to be absolutely packed on weekends, and whenever there was a big game on telly - The Dolphin by comparison would be dead.  5ish years later and that had completely swapped around. 

The Barrs Court Inn used to be really lively too, and then just wasn’t.  

• Like 1

This guy gets it - the only reason (if any) that they need extra capacity is large away followings coming from much bigger clubs.

Worryingly for the Gas, his post implies that should Derby, Portsmouth and...I guess Bolton(?) be promoted then the Wael Stand (as I assume it will be named) will forever stay empty, it's existence signalled only by the paltry echoes of the foreign hoards that once promised to fill it.

Screenshot_20230530-074403.png

23 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

This guy gets it - the only reason (if any) that they need extra capacity is large away followings coming from much bigger clubs.

Worryingly for the Gas, his post implies that should Derby, Portsmouth and...I guess Bolton(?) be promoted then the Wael Stand (as I assume it will be named) will forever stay empty, it's existence signalled only by the paltry echoes of the foreign hoards that once promised to fill it.

Screenshot_20230530-074403.png

This specimen needn't worry, they'll just reduce their capacity to 8,000 and "sell out" every match.

• Flames 1

Rovers in a nutshell.

"What's the definition of luxury? If the south stand has a concourse that's out of the elements then that's pretty standard for a modern ground.
Oxford, Derby all the same really. Coventry, just more space. MK Dons, just bigger concourse and a good view. A temporary stand that does the same as those listed, I'll take that"

• Haha 10

5 hours ago, bert tann said:

Rovers in a nutshell.

"What's the definition of luxury? If the south stand has a concourse that's out of the elements then that's pretty standard for a modern ground.
Oxford, Derby all the same really. Coventry, just more space. MK Dons, just bigger concourse and a good view. A temporary stand that does the same as those listed, I'll take that"

So, no need for a new stadium then. They will have a capacity that more than covers their long term average attendances and a makeshift stand with a concrete alleyway behind it which is absolutely no different to what modern stadiums can offer like derby, mk dons and Coventry…..wael has cracked it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bert tann said:

Rovers in a nutshell.

I don’t think they’ve realised that the ‘concourse’ will be predominantly for away fans…. 

They will still be stood in the pissing rain eating stale crisps and drinking flat Fanta. 

And looking at the empty site they have, is there enough room to have concessions in a concourse style? What with the stand being overhead, you think the first half would be unusable, then a concession stall and then about a 3m covered area for the fans to gather… 

4 hours ago, Jim Davey said:

Getting ready for the greyhounds

Not limited to greyhounds. You can walk any mutt on that turnip patch. No need to clear up either judging by the lack of dog bins and the amount of 5hit that appears regularly on a Saturday.

10 hours ago, Swede said:

Not limited to greyhounds. You can walk any mutt on that turnip patch. No need to clear up either judging by the lack of dog bins and the amount of 5hit that appears regularly on a Saturday.

But if locals exercise their dogs there, then no development of the land can be made (as per Ashton Vale).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

I don’t think they’ve realised that the ‘concourse’ will be predominantly for away fans…. 

They will still be stood in the pissing rain eating stale crisps and drinking flat Fanta. 

And looking at the empty site they have, is there enough room to have concessions in a concourse style? What with the stand being overhead, you think the first half would be unusable, then a concession stall and then about a 3m covered area for the fans to gather… 

I don't think that's all fair YDTD!

The Fanta is fizzy, it's just out of date...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

No, but they don't need it to built it

They can get it retrospectively, or get it refused and that would be entertaining

I think it will be just as entertaining when/if it is up, as it will be generally cheap and pretty poor to anyone outside of their bubble. The concourse will be quality to see, as I get the impression they are expecting to see a proper concourse (since quite a few go to Ashton Gate for the Rugby, Concerts and been down for their Vaccines) I cannot wait for their reports, I just have a niggling feeling they be just a little bit disappointed. 

Bring it on.