IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

This would explain the close friendship between Joe and Ed.

Taken from the Bristol Live article, although it omits the fact that they are both familiar with Courts.

In 2011, and now a Newcastle player, Barton switched from adidas to Puma boots and he and Jennings crossed paths, sharing hometowns, a love of golf (both play off a low single fingers handicap), sport in general beyond just football, and possessing personalities that meshed and complimented each other.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Taken from the Bristol Live article, although it omits the fact that they are both familiar with Courts.

In 2011, and now a Newcastle player, Barton switched from adidas to Puma boots and he and Jennings crossed paths, sharing hometowns, a love of golf (both play off a low single fingers handicap), sport in general beyond just football, and possessing personalities that meshed and complimented each other.

Which for a Fewer, could be as high as 7.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I think the author means complement, though no doubt the are regularly complimenting each other too.

Though Joey is more inclined to compliment himself.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bert tann said:
Club News

Rovers close due to lack of interest

Nationwide Finance Ltd are consulting their lawyers

21 June 2023

Typical Bert cryptic clues that require more knowledge about Rovers than the average City fan possesses.

Are they bringing this game back?

Screenshot_2023-06-21-14-55-27-24_680d03679600f7af0b4c700c6b270fe7.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bert tann said:
Club News

Rovers close due to lack of interest

Nationwide Finance Ltd are consulting their lawyers

21 June 2023

Missed the first interest payment on the Nationwide Finance loan maybe?

Given that they were advertising for an unpaid intern to do their accounting I wouldn't be surprised.

I don't see Wael running out of money any time soon as he's loaded but yes I can well see an administrative error being made when you're running your finance team on a shoestring.

Though tbf I considered applying for the Financial Controller job at City maybe a dozen years ago but the salary level was so far below market wages that I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Football clubs tend to run their back offices on an absolute shoestring despite throwing money about left right and centre.

And as the saying goes: "If you pay peanuts then you get monkeys."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Swede said:

So, as far as I can make out, they've done an "artists impression" of their new permanent structure but no detailed drawings. They haven’t submitted it to the council for planning approval. Presumably, therefore they also haven’t consulted the residents immediately behind this proposed structure for comment & how it could impact them.

They plan to open it in August 23 ready for the new season and are actively selling season tickets to their lemmings for it.

I hope there's a sag out there who can read this, they'll then understand why we laugh at them so much.

Unbelievably tinpot.

Big ask 

51 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If it’s supposed to be a proper permanent structure , why isn’t there any piling rigs . No foundations at all . It’s going to be one of those bolt together stands they’ve got at AEK Boco 

I'm no builder.

The fewers are going on about Piling Mats - are they the same thing or something for a temporary construction?

14 hours ago, cider hoss rules said:

Nothing to worry about, Ass Chat is revelling in the ‘progress’ of the new super stand and the pitch renewal!

(Posts dated June 17th for reference)

IMG_0835.jpeg

IMG_0834.jpeg

Has the new grass died off already?

It doesn't look, well, busy exactly. One man with a giant allen key. Maybe there is a hold up somewhere delaying work.

On 20/06/2023 at 19:05, petehinton said:

They seem to think they’re gonna announce 3/4 signings in one go…think they’ll need to at this rate. Fair play if they do!

I see where you're getting confused.  You've assumed 3/4 means 3 or 4.  In actual fact they're bringing Ex PSG & Bradford player Bruno Rodriguez out of retirement.  Having had his right leg amputated he is now three quarters of a footballer......

(Yes I realise that humour is dark....!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

If it’s supposed to be a proper permanent structure , why isn’t there any piling rigs . No foundations at all . It’s going to be one of those bolt together stands they’ve got at AEK Boco 

Just a few tent pegs ang guy ropes should do it.

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

I'm no builder.

The fewers are going on about Piling Mats - are they the same thing or something for a temporary construction?

I'm nosey so, Google tells me that a Piling Mat is something ,to allow Piling rigs to work from .

Screenshot2023-06-22at10_36_15.png.f081f98d6db4ab829442e1c6a2d8df7e.png

Screenshot2023-06-22at10_39_33.png.bb07d58abb38bc022a6e1b1d02fc5e1d.png

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Thanks 1

£300K is a "very large" fee for the sags. That's larger than a Tilson. So that will be multiple bags of 50p coins, fivers, 10p coins, several postal orders, raiding Bert the disabled gate man's hi vis for half a dozen fivers he's pocketed plus a nice watch all in several Sainsburys bags. Yes indeed, £300K is a very large fee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swede said:

£300K is a "very large" fee for the sags. That's larger than a Tilson. So that will be multiple bags of 50p coins, fivers, 10p coins, several postal orders, raiding Bert the disabled gate man's hi vis for half a dozen fivers he's pocketed plus a nice watch all in several Sainsburys bags. Yes indeed, £300K is a very large fee.

and a few fees from season ticket sales for a whole stand they havent got. and we thought row m was hilarious, watch this space

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Has the new grass died off already?

It doesn't look, well, busy exactly. One man with a giant allen key. Maybe there is a hold up somewhere delaying work.

Probably has to keep going back to IKEA to get it replaced to be fair, bloody things always seem to round off......