IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

18 minutes ago, TheReds said:

So they are still happy to work with them for one already guilty charge, but if it's two guilty verdicts it may be too much?

Makes no sense from their point of view. I hope they aren't getting paid by Rovers as it looks a bit of a conflict of interest/brown envelope situation.

No, been advised not to comment by legal advisor, pretty sure their statement says about reviewing relationship with rovers once case has concluded. Rovers have effectively binned everything off with them to please Barton so I’d be very surprised if they were overjoyed at this signing. 

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Some of their leadership have provided more context on twitter. The outcome of the not guilty plea case will influence the sentencing for the guilty plea, so whilst he's admitted a charge any comment from outside from a fairly high profile female charity/group could jeapoadise the case.

So it makes perfect sense to not say anything until he's been sentenced. Better to rile up the usual bigots who call them "bints" and question their motives at every juncture by keeping quiet for a bit than potentially allow a women beating thug wriggle out of a prison sentence on a technicality.

But you know, let's pour scorn on some volunteers trying to do something positive rather than say, the bastard who hit a woman...

Can we do both? I mean pour scorn on some vacuous, arrogant grifters who are doing this for their own ends and the corporate freebies AS WELL as the bastard who hit a woman?

Asking for a friend. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Can we do both? I mean pour scorn on some vacuous, arrogant grifters who are doing this for their own ends and the corporate freebies AS WELL as the bastard who hit a woman?

Asking for a friend. 

Are you calling Her Game Too "vacuous, arrogant grifters in it for their own ends and corporate freebies" or have I misread the thread somehere along the way?

Edited by richwwtk

• Admin
15 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Are you calling Her Game Too "vacuous, arrogant grifters in it for their own ends and corporate freebies" or have I misread the thread somehere along the way?

That's how I read it . .. . 

I will await clarification before commenting further

33 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

You can do whatever you want, FP. 

I think to speak to someone's motivations from the outside is pretty daft. I don't think any amount of corporate freebies are worth some of the deranged abuse I've seen people like our Leah Case (think she's married now) get. 

As with most things I'm happy to trust that those willing to put their heads above the parapet and say something that won't please the vocal minority Andrew Tate worshiping virgins are doing so bravely and in good faith. Same reason I respect the JSO protestors for doing something however annoying it might be.

Baseless questioning of people's motivations seems to play into the hands of the worst of the worst. A veiled attack on women participation in football. I'm not saying that's you, but it's certainly helping the bigots more than the women! 

Agreed. To clarify a bit I guess that was a generalisation. The cause itself I’m right behind however the people behind it, a few of them at least, have proved to be entirely hypocritical and therefor the message is somewhat lost. You’re absolutely right to say any attack on women in football is abhorrent, I wholeheartedly agree, but dig a little into the people behind that particular cause and a couple of them are not entirely wholesome. 

43 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Asking for a friend. 

Please enlighten me on how putting countless hours into a campaign in your own time for free whilst paying for your own tickets to matches whilst receiving untold vile abuse from Neanderthals makes someone an arrogant vacuous grifter? I had you down as one of the more reasonable posters on here but it turns out you’re just another misogynistic idiot. 
clearly you have a pretty big axe to grind here

1 minute ago, old parkender said:

Please enlighten me on how putting countless hours into a campaign in your own time for free whilst paying for your own tickets to matches whilst receiving untold vile abuse from Neanderthals makes someone an arrogant vacuous grifter? I had you down as one of the more reasonable posters on here but it turns out you’re just another misogynistic idiot. 

Thanks for the personal attack but I’ll leave it at this - elements of your post are not factually correct. No interest in an argument but there definitely are people in the cause out for their own gain and nothing else. 

That’s before we get to racist, homophobic Amy the Swansea fan. 

But sure, you can’t criticise anyone if they’re doing ‘good work’ can you. 

• Like 1

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

I’m calling one (or more maybe) particularly notable people within the cause that, yes. 

I think I can guess who you "may" mean? There have been times when I have wondered if she remembered what she was actually supposed to be doing

The project itself has done lots of good for women around the game, and am pleased to say those around City have done lots at the club

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think I can guess who you "may" mean? There have been times when I have wondered if she remembered what she was actually supposed to be doing

The project itself has done lots of good for women around the game, and am pleased to say those around City have done lots at the club

I don’t disagree with your post at all fella, I completely agree that the cause is fantastic and has done an awful lot of good at some clubs. The first part I also agree with however and forms part of my issue with them as a cause. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Thanks for the personal attack but I’ll leave it at this - elements of your post are not factually correct. No interest in an argument but there definitely are people in the cause out for their own gain and nothing else. 

That’s before we get to racist, homophobic Amy the Swansea fan. 

But sure, you can’t criticise anyone if they’re doing ‘good work’ can you. 

You’re quite happy to personally attack them though? Which parts aren’t factually correct?

• Admin
15 minutes ago, old parkender said:

I have to ask, do you know the person being referred to?

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

I don’t disagree with your post at all fella, I completely agree that the cause is fantastic and has done an awful lot of good at some clubs. The first part I also agree with however and forms part of my issue with them as a cause. 

I get where your posts are coming from, I don't think others know what you are referring to hence why they see your post as something attacking

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

City / the police proved he was a lying piece of crap!

As for the gasheads calling the bullshitting pr@t out for being a pathological liar, fair play to them. ?

It's about time that Henbury Lyingsagcunt actually identified the "City staff" who supposedly witnessed this attack.

I don't recall any staff being identified ? HLSC knows full well there would be court action if he did, because he made it all up, of course.

• Like 1

There’s a small group of internet warriors who’ve gone to extreme lengths to discredit hergametoo spreading increasingly ludicrous and defamatory rumours about the founders in an attempt to get them shut down( god only knows why) but they seem to be very bitter and twisted about it. I’m afraid a few people seem to have bought into the bullshit and propagate the myths, I can assure you it’s absolutely laughable some of the shit that’s been put on social media but it’s no laughing matter for young women to be relentlessly targeted and lied about. 

1 minute ago, old parkender said:

There’s a small group of internet warriors who’ve gone to extreme lengths to discredit hergametoo spreading increasingly ludicrous and defamatory rumours about the founders in an attempt to get them shut down( god only knows why) but they seem to be very bitter and twisted about it. I’m afraid a few people seem to have bought into the bullshit and propagate the myths, I can assure you it’s absolutely laughable some of the shit that’s been put on social media but it’s no laughing matter for young women to be relentlessly targeted and lied about. 

Fella you have no idea what I base my opinions on, but for the record I agree that baseless internet bullshit is not good and it isn’t a laughing matter for young women to be relentlessly targeted and lied about.

My personal opinion has been formed on said persons behaviour in the past towards and impacting people I know. I’ve not said what, when or who but you say you know that person. If you really know that person you’ve probably got an idea so I’ll leave it there. 

I've taken some time before commenting. As said before I haven't attended since Joey.

I was seriously hoping although still a bad move the club had released the rumour with the intent of seeing the reaction before signing him. 

What's more embarrassing is the amount of fans who are defending it and then attacking those who are against it. Some of the comparisons made have been utterly embarrassing. Everyone from management to board level at the club are absolutely vile throughout.

Not my football club and likely won't be for a very long time. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Percy Pig said:

You make a good point at the end, of course everyone is subject to scrutiny and their actions should be criticised when it falls below acceptable standards. 

And I did see the Swansea fans history and agree that that individual is pretty odious. 

But on your first point I really don't understand how you can evidence an assertion about someone's motivation. As far as I can tell, that's a very personal thing.

Taking advantage of perks is human nature. I'd also presume that utilising "corporate freebies" is actually a mutually beneficial exercise as it helps to widen the message. 

And Its that bigger picture that wins out for me. I don't tend to criticise those who take action. It's far too easy to be like me, a coward who knows right from wrong but rarely, if ever, does anything risky to stop the "wrong". 

Questioning the motives when someone accepts freebies but declines to comment on issues which the very cause SHOULD take issue with is justified IMHO. 

5 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Fella you have no idea what I base my opinions on, but for the record I agree that baseless internet bullshit is not good and it isn’t a laughing matter for young women to be relentlessly targeted and lied about.

My personal opinion has been formed on said persons behaviour in the past towards and impacting people I know. I’ve not said what, when or who but you say you know that person. If you really know that person you’ve probably got an idea so I’ll leave it there. 

You can have your own opinion, I can take a good guess at what you refer,all I’ll say is  there’s two sides to every story, I could probably unload a lot of accusations myself but I wouldn’t do that on any public forum. Some people might lower themselves to that but it’s not for me. 

4 minutes ago, old parkender said:

You can have your own opinion, I can take a good guess at what you refer,all I’ll say is  there’s two sides to every story, I could probably unload a lot of accusations myself but I wouldn’t do that on any public forum. Some people might lower themselves to that but it’s not for me. 

…and I haven’t done that either. I have my view, you have yours. 

5 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I must admit to not knowing the situation you're talking of FP.

But as we are currently talking in vagueries then I'll suggest that an individual commenting out of turn (over the head of the official line if you will) is always a risk. I don't think it should be the place of these individual women to become spokesmen against rich and powerful men/football clubs. The organisation itself should shield them from having to make individual proclamations. 

As I say, accepting freebies is usually a good move for a growing campaign to share platforms, gain traction and grow visibility. Unless its a free house for life for one person I don't really see the issue or contradiction. It's just effective campaigning from a positive angle. 

I’ll ask one question which might shed some light on my comment to which you reply.

Did you ever see HGT comment on Barton being arrested and charged with hitting his wife? Or Barton telling BBC commentator Jacqui Oatley that women shouldn’t comment on men’s football?

In my opinion being pictured with club directors and the manager himself I believe while remaining silent on such matters makes it perfectly acceptable to question the motives of those concerned. 

Couldn’t comment on Barton’s live legal case for reasons already covered, made a formal complaint to the club about Barton’s comments about oatley which prompted an apology from the idiot. I don’t recall seeing a picture of them with Barton only him holding a HGT board up at a game, a hollow gesture from the man as we know. 

4 minutes ago, old parkender said:

Couldn’t comment on Barton’s live legal case for reasons already covered, made a formal complaint to the club about Barton’s comments about oatley which prompted an apology from the idiot. I don’t recall seeing a picture of them with Barton only him holding a HGT board up at a game, a hollow gesture from the man as we know. 

Ah the ‘can’t comment for legal reasons’ argument. You most definitely can comment on things like that but you need to tread carefully. They may well have complained to the club about the Jacqui Oatley thing but I don’t recall it once ever being mentioned publically. Come to think of it I’ve never seen said apology either. Not a good look for the campaign to remain silent on these matters. The whole point of awareness is for people to see it. Complaining in quiet does absolutely nothing. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Fordingbridge Pirate said:

Ah the ‘can’t comment for legal reasons’ argument. You most definitely can comment on things like that but you need to tread carefully. They may well have complained to the club about the Jacqui Oatley thing but I don’t recall it once ever being mentioned publically. Come to think of it I’ve never seen said apology either. Not a good look for the campaign to remain silent on these matters. The whole point of awareness is for people to see it. Complaining in quiet does absolutely nothing. 

They have a legal advisor, the advice is to NOT comment on live legal cases as you can be in contempt of court, it’s not hard to understand is it? Barton’s backtracking and sudden profession of liking the woman’s game and weasling out of his criticism was directly due to being asked by the club to retract his comments. 
At the end of the day Bristol Rovers have put that campaign in a damned if you do damned if you don’t position. What would have happened if they’d have laced into Barton about his court case which he walked Scott free from? 

1 hour ago, Seventeen said:

I've taken some time before commenting. As said before I haven't attended since Joey.

I was seriously hoping although still a bad move the club had released the rumour with the intent of seeing the reaction before signing him. 

What's more embarrassing is the amount of fans who are defending it and then attacking those who are against it. Some of the comparisons made have been utterly embarrassing. Everyone from management to board level at the club are absolutely vile throughout.

Not my football club and likely won't be for a very long time. 

Welcome