IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

That list excludes the all important 2019 ‘stadium’ improvement of fixing a fibreglass porch canopy over a (single) door entrance to one of the Club rooms. They actually published a photograph of this monumental achievement.

Give Wally some credit FFS. Tinpot they are not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, TomF said:

Built a new 3000 seater stand making it out to be even something like the Ayteo stand would be a bit rich.  It’s still a temp stand ffs 

When we talk about the way they exaggerate figures on here, I think some people must think it's just "banter", then you see posts like this and wonder how long it will before it's a 5000 seater with indoor facilities that other clubs can only dream of. 

4 minutes ago, RedRock said:

That list excludes the all important 2019 ‘stadium’ improvement of fixing a fibreglass porch canopy over a (single) door entrance to one of the Club rooms. They actually published a photograph of this monumental achievement.

Let's not forget the improved disabled section (4 new garden chairs for the carers) and the second most money spent on a stadium after Tottenham Hotspur, the man is Midas incarnate.

• Like 3

Do they really need a new, modern, high tech ticketing system to get 8,000 home fans into a mostly terraced old rugby ground?

https://verifiedfootballupdate.com/rovers-announce-new-access-system-partnership/?fbclid=IwAR2UAyPEmuJgWs4EsTsQHUHtsSPLkCa0XSr98iYwsTaTN30uzHjh_QJbhGw

*edit, Dave says the £10 cash only gate will still be available 

Edited by myol'man
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Do they really need a new, modern, high tech ticketing system to get 8,000 home fans into a mostly terraced old rugby ground?

https://verifiedfootballupdate.com/rovers-announce-new-access-system-partnership/?fbclid=IwAR2UAyPEmuJgWs4EsTsQHUHtsSPLkCa0XSr98iYwsTaTN30uzHjh_QJbhGw

From that link.....

"Bristol ****** join an illustrious list of stadiums that operate using an Axess and Ticketmaster partnership, with the Hard Rock Stadium, Miami – home of the Dolphins – and Miami F1 Grand Prix in the US being a flagship client. 

Rovers will be hoping that it can deliver an NFL matchday experience level to its own fans next season. "

Not like them to liken themselves to something way out of their league. Having said that I hope the day never comes when we aspire to be like the NFL!

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

From that link.....

"Bristol ****** join an illustrious list of stadiums that operate using an Axess and Ticketmaster partnership, with the Hard Rock Stadium, Miami – home of the Dolphins – and Miami F1 Grand Prix in the US being a flagship client. 

Rovers will be hoping that it can deliver an NFL matchday experience level to its own fans next season. "

Not like them to liken themselves to something way out of their league. Having said that I hope the day never comes when we aspire to be like the NFL!

I'm guessing Axess and Ticketmaster might not be adding the gas to their promotional literature

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, RedRock said:

Surprise considering only spurs carried out more ground improvements then them that season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Come on, they need the best access system available to get those 30,000 locked out, through the gates and seated into that new stand that doesn't exist. That would be worth every penny to achieve miracles like that.

5 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

From that link.....

NFL experience……….Not F'in Likely

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Would I be right in thinking that evening if they haven't been given planning permission for their new stand yet, they can still use it pending approval, as long as SAG give it the safety cert it needs?

SAG can't give it approval as it doesn't have planning permission therefore is an illegal structure which for all SAG knows doesn't meet the basic needs of planning requirements

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

SAG can't give it approval as it doesn't have planning permission therefore is an illegal structure which for all SAG knows doesn't meet the basic needs of planning requirements

Can I just quote our recent guest.

On 28/06/2023 at 11:40, Former Pirate said:

The one positive is that I know someone in the planning department of BCC and it definitely has been submitted. Not sure on exact date though and their portal is abysmal for updating things. 

Either way they aren’t getting approval this side of September absolute best case. 

Does the application have to show on the site, I still can't see anything.

8 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Don’t you just love these doughnuts 

B30F3B71-D5E1-4E2B-A882-F7AFFBEC7EFE.jpeg

Our fanbase is so small that we could fill their "stadium" only 1.5x with our season ticket holders alone (about 14,500 STs in a ground of 9,800 capacity). Their season ticket holders... wouldn't even fill the South Stand (about 5,000 STs in a stand of 6,000).

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 3
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, Bas's perfect hattrick said:

I'm guessing Axess and Ticketmaster might not be adding the gas to their promotional literature

Ticketmaster to control the thousands that are wanting tickets? That'll be the next excuse when they only get 6549 on a Saturday - ticketmaster fudged up and didn't get the tickets out in time.

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

“Not much in fanbase size” ?

We’re certainly not a huge club but they haven’t even averaged over 10k in a season for 45 years. Can’t even fill their tiny ground.

Wael arrived 7 years ago at which point they were all shouting that they were going to be Premier League in 5 years…

Hows that going? ?

******* state of them, should concentrate on catching up with Exeter and Cheltenham.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

I know they love their football club and want what's best for them, but surely they can't all believe the shit they spout..?

It's like watching your son or daughter play football and thinking he's Lionel Messi when in reality they're more like Lionel Blair.

Bunch of oddballs.

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, BCFC11 said:

The local residents clearly not happy with the way R*vers are going about it (trying to bully their way through PP etc)

Well from what little I know of the law they’ve already breached one about undertaking construction works prior to 0730 and one about not ripping down trees between May and September.

As that’s documented I’d hope that the appropriate authorities deal with them.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

“Not much in fanbase size” ?

We’re certainly not a huge club but they haven’t even averaged over 10k in a season for 45 years. Can’t even fill their tiny ground.

Wael arrived 7 years ago at which point they were all shouting that they were going to be Premier League in 5 years…

Hows that going? ?

******* state of them, should concentrate on catching up with Exeter and Cheltenham.

They’ll never be as big as Cheltenham or Exeter.

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, bert tann said:

Our in house barrister.

Admittedly third hand information but I'm told the capacity of the stand could be limited to approximately 1400 until permission is granted which may take up to a year and even then would not necessarily be for the requested number. Any breach of the safety certificate requirements could well result in the services of Mr Csoka being called upon.   

Is that the same Simon Csoka KC who represented Barton in his two trials? The club certainly keep him busy.

No doubt he'll now be employed for a certain centre forward at the club who is in Court next week as well?

• Like 1