IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

21 minutes ago, bert tann said:

12 ft high I believe.

With the club dominated by Liverpudlians they are already calling it the Mersey Tunnel.

Those who’ve watched incredulously as Barton has gone unpunished despite his all too regular series of court trials may be calling it the Mercy Tunnel. 

2 hours ago, Maesknoll Red said:

Any Bemny/Southville blokes of a similar age may remember the Glaswegian barmaid in the Hen and Chicken, I would say around 85-87- her name may have been Ang, but I wouldn’t bet my house on it.

Her favourite phrase was “Why don’t you **** off and die” whenever I think of the Gas she comes back to me and I think how appropriate her phrase is to my feelings for the gas.

Mc ange 

On 30/06/2023 at 17:10, Ska Junkie said:

'NOT MUCH IN FAN BASE SIZE'?

We average 20000+ while they average a lot less than half of that.

Magger, you're a deluded doughnut!

Don’t know you but if you read it correctly it’s not my post just copied from their shit forum . So go careful when calling people names 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 01/07/2023 at 14:34, elhombrecito said:

Just down in Cornwall for a few days. I've driven past AFC Falmouth on a number of occasions, and I have to say, the facilities look superior than the 15ers'.

I went to Uni down there in the 1990s, and I can confirm this was 100% accurate at the time. I’m sure it’s still the case.

Also, Floella Benjamin presented me with my degree, and Playschool was far too advanced for the average Sag to appreciate. :)

(Side note: it’s a miracle I got my qualification, as a certain football team’s siren song used to call me three and a half hours north on the train when I should have been studying).

• Like 1

So Joe Low never got selected to go on the pre season training camp with City, despite being a full Wales international, albeit one who has struggled to get game time last season.

Their striker and apparently the player of the year last season can't get a Wales cap for love nor money.

This seems to suggest some sort of 'gap' between the two clubs, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Blimey, drank the kool aid here ??

B404D6D7-1B76-4C33-AA4B-3C137DB42D54.jpeg

He's right though isn't he, I mean they just wouldn't do that to us. Admittedly there are some dodgy ******* about, I even heard of one board who told their fans they were DEFINITELY moving to Cheltenham for a season and for a mere fiver were running coaches up there so we could pick our seats and they only cancelled the day before when they got rumbled. Oh... hang on...

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

He's right though isn't he, I mean they just wouldn't do that to us. Admittedly there are some dodgy ******* about, I even heard of one board who told their fans they were DEFINITELY moving to Cheltenham for a season and for a mere fiver were running coaches up there so we could pick our seats and they only cancelled the day before when they got rumbled. Oh... hang on...

Just got to dot the i's and cross the t's on the uwe contract I heard......

Mayor survives five years trapped behind football ground

“I’m lucky to still be ere” said the Mayor after being rescued from the “living hell” of spending five years trapped behind a football stadium project.  

His journey had started out over a convivial gin & tonic with successful property magnet Craig Cheever-Loophole who was anxious to transform a run down urban area into a thriving commercial hub whilst eliminating another gaping eyesore which had tarnished the City’s landscape since 1998.  

But after stumbling over a statement concerning the configuration of a football club and it’s need for a sustainable future the Mayor became trapped face down in a pile of promises with his desperate cries for help going unheard.   

Fortunately, just as time was running out, he was rescued by the shareholders of a small plc who revolted and told their management to forget about engaging with eccentric minority groups and concentrate on making them money.

The Mayor has now fully recovered from his ordeal and says in future he will be careful to avoid dangerous hotspots such as the end of Alton Road.  

• Like 3

On 30/06/2023 at 17:06, ExiledAjax said:

Illiteracy can be a terrible curse with unforeseen impact.

They now think their prices are much cheaper bearing in mind their shit facilities , their lower position in the league ( for last 23 years ) :laugh:

5ED52CD4-B6B2-4BC4-96F8-0D5C0409B279.jpeg

Edited by Magger1
Added file
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

They now think their prices are much cheaper bearing in mind their shit facilities , their lower position in the league ( for last 23 years ) :laugh:

Couldn't agree more. £419 for their South Stand complete* with imaginary concourse and things called pillars, compared to £385 for our (permanent structure) South Stand. 

#GasLogic

*tbc

• Like 12
  • Robin 1

12 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

If they get to the Championship and have to start paying players triple the money just to have a shot at survival what do they think will happen to season ticket prices at the swamp?