IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He is really good on us.

I do wonder if in the interests of “balance” he has to be seen to be kind to the jailbird though? Can only explain some of the stuff that’s written about them.

Sign of the times for the media that the editor appears to be writing all the articles across the summer with both club’s reporters, Rich Forrester & Kim Jung Frost having left.

Much better then gregor mcgregor and the drivel on bristolworld

3 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

I think we all know what it looks like when Rovers are equipped to go on a promotion drive ...

opentopbus.jpg.eaf4ec1f0bf80f37d6340fc847fff17c.jpg

They should look at getting into public transport TBH. Plenty of room for parking double deckers at the south/west end of the ground, there won't be a stand smoking shelter there anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

They should look at getting into public transport TBH. Plenty of room for parking double deckers at the south/west end of the ground, there won't be a stand smoking shelter there anytime soon.

That could work! ... and so easy to relocate when they move to the Fruit Market or when they steal another ground ...

0_AMR_DCM_19052022_bus02.jpg

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Friend is 36 in October.

He only started 2 games last season, he came on sub in another 4.

Looks exactly the sort of signing a “Championship ready” side makes to me.

Do they still have that 43 year old 92 cap Irish International maestro or is he now playing bingo and waiting for his soiled nappy to be changed

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Keith, Keith, Keith.

People in tented houses shouldn’t throw stones.

Typical cheap patronising quip from someone who ought to know better. What a mug. This shows everybody exactly what they are. A total lack of respect for everyone.Tinpot.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, BS3City said:

Keith "Roverssshhh" Brookman...

That's the dick who summarises on Radio Bristol. Got the most ill fitting false teeth since John Craven...?

First time I heard him talking like that I thought he was having a stroke or something

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

"a large contingent behind the goal", then you'd watch the goals on Monday night's HTV News and there were about 50 people behind said goal 

Colin "sizable contingent" Howlett must go back around 40 years. Just further emphasises that Sag economy with the truth is not a recent trait...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

You mean ...a shtroke !

The bloke is a typical deluded, gashed nause - but I think we can do better than to mock him so a speech impediment. 

There are plenty of things to pick on them about - I don't think a guy who can forge a career on the Radio, despite such an obstical is really the way to go with this.

Fair play to him (or anyone) who can overcome the odds in life.

If he was in a wheel chair or blind I'd hope we wouldn't see that targeted as a weak point, so let's leave the speech impediment digs out - I know you are better than that ?

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

Meanwhile, the objections are lining up to the bus shelter. Some good points made here:-

Comment:As a neighbour living close to the site of the proposed stand I have the following objections:

There has been no consultation with the neighbours in the community about the proposals.
Looking at the plans there are no measurements so that you can make a direct comparison between the size of the old stand and the new one but visually it looks to be about twice the height and about a third longer than the old stand.
This would cause direct impact on the amount of light coming to my house and garden and be a lot more overbearing than the old stand.
The new stand looks to be built directly at the boundary of the rovers property which is quite a bit closer than the old stand was.
Also aesthetically it will look like the back of a warehouse and since the trees which had grown between the old stand and our gardens have been removed by the contractors - there is nothing visually attractive to break up the view.
It is claimed that there will be less noise from the stand but there is nothing in the plans that evidences this.
As the stand will be bigger, closer, and include toilet and refreshment facilities it seems unlikely.

On match days the constant swearing and sometimes racist and homophobic commentary is pretty offensive for the neighbouring families so it would be great if the noise could be properly
dampened.
Construction work has started with pile driving very close to the boundaries of neighbouring properties. Knowing that the foundations of the old terraced houses are very shallow has there
been any assessment of potential subsidence in neighbouring homes as a consequence?
Parking on match days has always been a problem - what additional parking facilities will rovers
be including to ensure that the neighbours in the local areas aren't even more badly affected by
the additional fans that may come?
Rovers seems to pride itself on being part of the community but in the years I have been a neighbour has never really engaged with the neighbours. Why not?
Lastly I know that in the plans for a new stadium previously approved this stand would have been
bigger but those out-of-date plans relate to a time when Rovers owned the homes (including mine)
directly neighbouring the area and so there would have not been the direct and damaging impact
on the neighbours that there is now.

• Like 7
  • Flames 5

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

The bloke is a typical deluded, gashed nause - but I think we can do better than to mock him so a speech impediment. 

There are plenty of things to pick on them about - I don't think a guy who can forge a career on the Radio, despite such an obstical is really the way to go with this.

Fair play to him (or anyone) who can overcome the odds in life.

If he was in a wheel chair or blind I'd hope we wouldn't see that targeted as a weak point, so let's leave the speech impediment digs out - I know you are better than that ?

Oh ,lighten up a bit, it's NOT a speech impediment, it's just the way he talks, I did n't even think about it till the previous poster mentioned it. I'm pretty sure he'd be upset if someone told him he had a speech defect, and I sure as hell wouldn't have mentioned it on here !

• Like 2

Anyone know what happened with that Pikey coach (Mangan) who allegedly made homophobic comments to a member of the Plymouth staff ?

Also, Barton has been banned from football stadiums for the first 3 games of the season. Just reading their little forum and it appears the majority are defending him. A few are rightly calling him out, but only two or three. I see one of them who posts on here is defending him.

On 22 February 2021, Mangan followed Barton and Clint Hill from Fleetwood to Bristol Rovers, taking on the role as a first-team coach. On 14 December 2022, Mangan was charged by the FA over an alleged homophobic comment during a League One 2–2 draw with Plymouth Argyle two months prior.

Also, Barton has been banned from football stadiums for the first 3 games of the season. Just reading their little forum and it appears the majority are defending him. A few are rightly calling him out, but only two or three. I see one of them who posts on here is defending him.

What an outfit.

3 hours ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Meanwhile, the objections are lining up to the bus shelter. Some good points made here:-

Comment:As a neighbour living close to the site of the proposed stand I have the following objections:

There has been no consultation with the neighbours in the community about the proposals.
Looking at the plans there are no measurements so that you can make a direct comparison between the size of the old stand and the new one but visually it looks to be about twice the height and about a third longer than the old stand.
This would cause direct impact on the amount of light coming to my house and garden and be a lot more overbearing than the old stand.
The new stand looks to be built directly at the boundary of the rovers property which is quite a bit closer than the old stand was.
Also aesthetically it will look like the back of a warehouse and since the trees which had grown between the old stand and our gardens have been removed by the contractors - there is nothing visually attractive to break up the view.
It is claimed that there will be less noise from the stand but there is nothing in the plans that evidences this.
As the stand will be bigger, closer, and include toilet and refreshment facilities it seems unlikely.

On match days the constant swearing and sometimes racist and homophobic commentary is pretty offensive for the neighbouring families so it would be great if the noise could be properly
dampened.
Construction work has started with pile driving very close to the boundaries of neighbouring properties. Knowing that the foundations of the old terraced houses are very shallow has there
been any assessment of potential subsidence in neighbouring homes as a consequence?
Parking on match days has always been a problem - what additional parking facilities will rovers
be including to ensure that the neighbours in the local areas aren't even more badly affected by
the additional fans that may come?
Rovers seems to pride itself on being part of the community but in the years I have been a neighbour has never really engaged with the neighbours. Why not?
Lastly I know that in the plans for a new stadium previously approved this stand would have been
bigger but those out-of-date plans relate to a time when Rovers owned the homes (including mine)
directly neighbouring the area and so there would have not been the direct and damaging impact
on the neighbours that there is now.

But the comments in support are generally short and poorly worded;

Da Roverz are part of North Bristol history innit.

Dunno what they're moaning about, back of a warehouse looks better that a tent.

After Eastville & Twerton we're now at home in North Bristol, council should help us out.

It's on a bus route so parking ain't an issue.

etc. etc. 

Edited by myol'man
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

So, it looks like they used to own the houses that are affected but presumably sold them off at some time in the past - probably to finance one of their many promotion pushes.

Bet they wish they hadn`t now.

Yep, you can only sell them once.

Flogged the family silver there and for what?

I'd laugh out loud if the new owners objections put a stop to their new shed.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Yep, you can only sell them once.

Flogged the family silver there and for what?

I'd laugh out loud if the new owners objections put a stop to their new shed.

Mind you, I wouldn`t want to be identified as a neighbour who objects given what their dribbling morons are likely to do if they find out who you are.

Remember when the most deluded one of all of them, Henbury Sag suggested they take a crap in the freezers at Sainsbury`s for revenge for the UWE falling through?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Mind you, I wouldn`t want to be identified as a neighbour who objects given what their dribbling morons are likely to do if they find out who you are.

Remember when the most deluded one of all of them, Henbury Sag suggested they take a crap in the freezers at Sainsbury`s for revenge for the UWE falling through?

I wouldn’t rule out anything at this point with the current incumbents  through the club.

They are a pox on many things.

• Like 1