IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

As a registered charity, Bristol Rovers Community Trust are able to offer exciting post-16 courses which combine academic studies with a sporting experience. 

The courses delivered by the charity, aim to improve the motivation, confidence and self-esteem of students on the courses and help to create life changing opportunities as students are supported in improving their employability prospects.

To find out more about our courses and speak to the education team, register to attend one of our upcoming open evenings this academic year.

One of our graduates ?

Girls racist to man
Man spits at lady 
Lady pulls his hair
Man slaps lady for racist and pulling his hair. .

Wind your Dam neck in were not all whiter as white as you. 

2 hours ago, TV Tom said:

Barton's 3 game ban upheld, obviously he didn't have an expensive slimy lawyer to bail him out this time

Barton initially denied two of the three charges before later admitting them and expressing remorse over his actions. 

“I didn’t do it! Okay I did but I’m sorry….let me off please?”

”I didn’t spit or slap that girl twice…okay I did. But I was drunk. Forgive me please?”

“But we submitted planning permission….no it wasn’t accepted before we built the glorified steel tent which was wrong but can we keep it up, please?”

Running theme here. 

• Like 9

On 08/07/2023 at 09:13, Miah Dennehy said:

I still stand by what I said in my original post btw, there are many, many crimes, committed by all sorts of people, not just footballers and the hypocrisy of the lynch mob knows no bounds, but that's all part of the modern world I'm afraid, along with vacuous meaningless statements put out by corporations, including football clubs, whenever they feel like they should be 'being seen' to be doing something. It's all incredibly depressing. Oh, and one more thing that got my goat, although it could just be me overthinking things. The welcome to Rovers post that was put out for Jevani Brown showed him in the kit with his kids. I don't think I have ever seen a welcome pic like that before, the cynical among us may be tempted to believe that was an attempt to portray him as a 'family man' and that sort of shite really does piss me off.

I don't think Rovers are any better or any worse than any other club at this sort of bollocks. Jevani Brown has been punished by the courts and not one of us will ever really know the circumstances behind what happened that night, but he isn't the first and he certainly won't be the last to be involved in something like this.

Third time you’ve backed him. Just as bad as the rest of them 

7 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

I haven't 'backed' anyone, try reading what I posted.

I have. You haven’t condemned him have you. Always thought you were a decent poster & always welcome as it’s not North Korea .com like some forums but perhaps I was wrong . Not that Lansdown would entertain it , but I’d be pretty pissed off if we had a manager & player with their history 

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I have. You haven’t condemned him have you. Always thought you were a decent poster & always welcome as it’s not North Korea .com like some forums but perhaps I was wrong . Not that Lansdown would entertain it , but I’d be pretty pissed off if we had a manager & player with their history 

We signed Danny Simpson, agree it’s maybe not the same as signing someone with an existing case of assault hanging over them but even so, Lansdown has agreed signing someone with ‘history’.

The main difference for me is that I don’t remember any City fans making excuses for Simpson the way lots of slags are making excuses for Brown on Gaschat.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

We signed Danny Simpson, agree it’s maybe not the same as signing someone with an existing case of assault hanging over them but even so, Lansdown has agreed signing someone with ‘history’.

The main difference for me is that I don’t remember any City fans making excuses for Simpson the way lots of slags are making excuses for Brown on Gaschat.

A lot actually didn't want him associated with the club.

Edited by Taz
  • Like 9
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Okay- I think assault is a terrible crime- is that okay? I've made several posts on this subject and one of them mentioned the meaningless statements clubs and companies put out when something like this happens, just so they can be seen to be doing the right thing, it's utter bollocks. Of course I wouldn't defend Jevani Brown doing what he did, who on earth in their right mind would? But I don't buy into all this shite about how this should effect how I support my team. The hypocrisy stinks when it comes to things like this. When Barton was first employed at Rovers a bloke I know(City fan fwiw) was saying it was disgusting we had employed him and how I should be ashamed to be a Rovers fan. Ten minutes later he was chatting and laughing about how he made a teenage Liverpool fan cry when they got him cornered around Ashton at the cup game- and I'm the one who should be embarrassed? nah, I know I'm a half decent bloke, I've done things wrong like we all have, but who Rovers employ isn't a reflection on me just as some bully isn't a reflection on most City fans.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Okay- I think assault is a terrible crime- is that okay? I've made several posts on this subject and one of them mentioned the meaningless statements clubs and companies put out when something like this happens, just so they can be seen to be doing the right thing, it's utter bollocks. Of course I wouldn't defend Jevani Brown doing what he did, who on earth in their right mind would? But I don't buy into all this shite about how this should effect how I support my team. The hypocrisy stinks when it comes to things like this. When Barton was first employed at Rovers a bloke I know(City fan fwiw) was saying it was disgusting we had employed him and how I should be ashamed to be a Rovers fan. Ten minutes later he was chatting and laughing about how he made a teenage Liverpool fan cry when they got him cornered around Ashton at the cup game- and I'm the one who should be embarrassed? nah, I know I'm a half decent bloke, I've done things wrong like we all have, but who Rovers employ isn't a reflection on me just as some bully isn't a reflection on most City fans.

But you still support a club that’s morally bankrupt & have been for some time. If city had Barton as manager I’d withdraw my support for as long as he was there. 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

But you still support a club that’s morally bankrupt & have been for some time. If city had Barton as manager I’d withdraw my support for as long as he was there. 

Pretty meaningless thing to say when you know it's not going to happen though isn't it.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You’re not one for the rehabilitation of offenders then?  I think a number of City players have had criminaI convictions over the years, some involving assault.  Would you have advocated the sacking of Bradley Orr and Steve Brooker?

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

20 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

You’re not one for the rehabilitation of offenders then?  I think a number of City players have had criminaI convictions over the years, some involving assault.  Would you have advocated the sacking of Bradley Orr and Steve Brooker?

Obviously I don’t condone violence of any sort . However , a fight in a pub between men is completely different to violence against women . Both Barton & this new signing are repeat offenders . How many chances do you give people . If you listen to under the cosh podcast , Orr goes into the incident & it was one of the worst days of his life . We actually did get rid of the main instigator which you conveniently failed to mention .  

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Where is/was Jevanis Brown rehabilitation, is he fully rehabilitated in a few months? How has his attitude changed? Does he still drink alcohol and how does it affect him? Is he on any courses for this rehabilitation - he may have met Barton on one... I have read he received counselling for alcohol issues since 2021, then this happens in 2023 - so please explain how he is now some sort of rehabilitated role model.

Did Brooker or Orr get signed when they had been sacked by their previous club, had just pleaded guilty to assaulting a woman, and had another assault charge hanging over them as well?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheReds said:

Where is/was Jevanis Brown rehabilitation, is he fully rehabilitated in a few months? How has his attitude changed? Does he still drink alcohol and how does it affect him? Is he on any courses for this rehabilitation - he may have met Barton on one... I have read he received counselling for alcohol issues since 2021, then this happens in 2023 - so please explain how he is now some sort of rehabilitated role model.

Did Brooker or Orr get signed when they had been sacked by their previous club, had just pleaded guilty to assaulting a woman, and had another assault charge hanging over them as well?

Brown was also "released" from Peterborough mid-season in 2013 for an off the field incident.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

How can you possibly believe fighting with nightclub bouncers is in any way comparable with hitting a woman?

For clarity if we had signed someone who had tried to cash a dodgy cheque in a pub no one would be too bothered about that either.

The Simpson example is much more similar & I consistently posted at the time that we should not have signed him & even if he’d turned out better (the fact he didn’t is actually totally irrelevant here) I would still wish we hadn’t.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Pretty meaningless thing to say when you know it's not going to happen though isn't it.

Not at all . It’s hypothetical . If you had a daughter that was a victim of violence by a man would you be happy ? But you’d happily support a football club with two men that have a history of it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Well you are because you haven’t answered or given your opinion on it. You don’t have a opinion on anything hypothetical then ? 

Not really no, I have enough opinions about the real world that upset people, I don't need to add to them :)

I am serious btw, when I get asked hypothetical questions I tend to answer with 'Ask me when it happens'