IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

36 minutes ago, phantom said:

I can't wait for the season to start again so we can start ripping the blue few a new one on their shite results

??? Much as I love a good argument about grammar and punctuation, you can tell it’s the depths of the close season, can’t you? (Or should that be “……..can’t you”)

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, RedHienz said:

Funny thing memory.

Not to long ago they used to do raffles for the shirt sponsorship. £1k to enter, who do they draw - yup company one of the directors owned.

Good for them having a progressive owner and experienced CEO who evolving the club into prison fc.

Not always that way....we did have the joyous moment where the Sportman Pub won it and they were essentially a pub team at that time!

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

??? if it’s rhetorical it doesn’t need a question mark as it doesn’t require a answer 

3 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

We clearly had different English teachers, I have never heard of a rhetorical question not requiring a question mark. A quick Google check suggests they do. If, however, we have any experts in the subject on here who can confirm that one way or the other,I am more than happy to apologise for my ignorance :)

Either or is fine.  There are several different sources that tend to concur....  

However....the bottom question asked below was a strange one....Having been married for 17 years I tend to find most rhetorical questions begin with them! ?

image.png.7060f926b2547202ed523dc8a07b3abd.png

• Haha 1

I had one gas head said to me the other day when discussing football matters 

well all city do is chuck money at it 

I then mentioned and what do you think Man City , Man Utd , Liverpool , Arsenal do need I go on 

by the way we also have a quality academy so we’re not just chucking money at it , then out come the word 82ers ffs can’t they get over it , by the way this lad was no older than about 35 makes even more of a joke about the 82ers he wasn’t even born 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Just came across this.....

QED

Like the way he had to introduce a different category so it didn't look so bad for them!

Hahaha !! 12-0 to us ! ?

He forgot the ever important Watney Cup of course; and “away following as a percentage of home attendance” ?

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Haha 1

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

Hahaha !! 12-0 to us ! ?

He forgot the ever important Watney Cup of course; and “away following as a percentage of home attendance” ?

Thought he was going to include a "most fans locked out of the ground " section, to give them some hope.

He could have finished the video with "mind the gap".

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Just came across this.....

QED

Like the way he had to introduce a different category so it didn't look so bad for them!

I guess our Runner-up to Newcastle in Division 1 didn't count then?

I would've like to have seen points given for runner up in the lower divisions also, as promotion for either club isn't to be sniffed at?

Some parity along the lines of City being the club with most Football League trophy appearances would've been fair.........but as you say, all about saving face for the gash!!

Edited by beaverface
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, redkev said:

I had one gas head said to me the other day when discussing football matters 

well all city do is chuck money at it 

I then mentioned and what do you think Man City , Man Utd , Liverpool , Arsenal do need I go on 

by the way we also have a quality academy so we’re not just chucking money at it , then out come the word 82ers ffs can’t they get over it , by the way this lad was no older than about 35 makes even more of a joke about the 82ers he wasn’t even born 

I actually think that we ought to embrace 1982 to the extent of having it as a second date on the club badge.

I wasn't old enough to really appreciate it at the time but the huge amount of work and cash put in by the rescue team and the supporters plus the actions of the Ashton Gate Eight should be celebrated IMO as 1982 was the year when the club could have died but through the actions of several incredibly hard working individuals, eight players ripping up their contracts, and many thousands of fans reaching into their pockets to buy shares and make donations it survived and has become the biggest and best club in the South West when it could so easily have folded.

Thank you all the people who in 1982 contributed to the rebirth of our club.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phantom said:

I can't wait for the season to start again so we can start ripping the blue few a new one on their shite results

We've got some fun to come with the new stand aswell yet I think.....

2 hours ago, phantom said:

We've got some fun to come with the new stand aswell yet I think.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

32 days until they are due to play Chesterfield

32 sleeps as my Grandchildren would say, or perhaps that should be sleepless nights!

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

If this is 40,000 , how many does the Stadium hold ???

image.thumb.png.ccdc54e1fbe1a11be4fe4fb52b37e55f.png

Whilst I still question the number they had at Wembley that day, let's not sink to their level and use non facts

Grimsby fans were on the three tiers on the side of the pitch

Rovers had both ends, this end in your picture is the section that should have been used by Grimsby - the other end was full

Rovers only had the lower section as extra that day if anyone knows what sections hold

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

Whilst I still question the number they had at Wembley that day, let's not sink to their level and use non facts

Rovers had both ends, this end in your picture is the section that should have been used by Grimsby - the other end was full

Rovers only had the lower section as extra that day if anyone knows what sections hold

They definitely didn't have both ends. Only remember this as there was a bloke in a City shirt behind the goal in amongst the Grimsby fans.

Edited by BCFC11
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

The total for each tier is;

Lower 34,303

Middle 16,532

Upper 39,165

My recollection is that the Convicts had just over 29,000 tickets sold.

2 minutes ago, gornagain said:

My memory may be fallible but I am confident that Grimsby had the other end and were not on the side.

That is how I remember it as well.