IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

7 hours ago, zippycar said:

Clicked on the "show more" and this happened!
Are they at long last onto him or does Twitter think WTF are you doing?

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq.jpg

I would have thought that if you wanted to unlock your account to follow Jailbird Joey`s an arsehole challenge would be more appropriate........................

Edited by Lanterne Rouge

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

Must have been on the Pisa with Le Tiss

WTAF!!! Not so much that he believes this crap, but someone thought that there was a good reason to even try this "experiment". 

You know there have been many positive things happen during the latter part of my life because of the internet, but sometimes I think that they are more than cancelled out by the absolute "fruitcakery" that no one seems to be able to control.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

WTAF!!! Not so much that he believes this crap, but someone thought that there was a good reason to even try this "experiment". 

You know there have been many positive things happen during the latter part of my life because of the internet, but sometimes I think that they are more than cancelled out by the absolute "fruitcakery" that no one seems to be able to control.

There’s a meme doing the rounds on FB that goes something like…

”you know in the old days, we thought people said and did dumb things because they didn’t have access to good information?   Yeah, we’ll, it wasn’t that”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I might read out the O’Neils thread to a glass of water and freeze it. By this logic it should look like the hate filled ooze from Ghost Busters 2.

Oh wait…this is literally the plot from the film. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

There’s a meme doing the rounds on FB that goes something like…

”you know in the old days, we thought people said and did dumb things because they didn’t have access to good information?   Yeah, we’ll, it wasn’t that”.

It's known as the enlightenment fallacy, the belief that people will draw logical conclusions based on facts. To a greater or lesser extent people often don't if it conflicts with what they want to believe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Wow!  Just wow!  How can anyone believe that tripe?

Despite the fact that he played for them I always had a grudging respect for him.

He made the most of the limited abilities he had and had a good career.

I echo the thoughts of others, social media is an utter cesspit and it gives a vehicle for people, particularly those with a profile, to spout whatever nonsense they feel like saying. It is particularly dangerous as the reach is potentially unlimited and people can ‘broadcast’ even when intoxicated or in distress.

That is very different to someone talking nonsense in the pub after too many Thatchers.

I am a little concerned about him.

55 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So I gather, which to my mind makes it even worse when it seems that you are excluded from content by clubs and businesses when you refuse to engage through Twitter and the like.

You don't have to engage, it is very easy to passively follow.

There's not a whole load of content that isn't available elsewhere anyway.

24 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

You don't have to engage, it is very easy to passively follow.

There's not a whole load of content that isn't available elsewhere anyway.

It's getting harder though. I've not been signed up to either Twitter or Facebook for ages, and the past few weeks/months they've made changes to restrict access to those like me who don't want to give them my personal details and the OK to deluge me with crap I don't want. Twitter particularly is all but inaccessible now. 

Take the second point though. Very often it's on here!!

Sleepy Sunday morning found me wondering if they had built their stand yet so thought I would have a look at slagchat.

The thread for the stand has slipped to page two, would appear they have lost interest!

Found another thread with some moans about a lack of updates but overall it would appear that, a few preparatory groundworks aside nothing has been done, and no sign of the planning permission being discussed by the council yet either.

Is it just me or does it seem completely insane that, with three weeks to go, they haven't started building the stand yet, let alone test events, safety certificates etc.?

No way is this going to be ready, they would struggle before Christmas, let alone early August.

With 400 season tickets sold for a stand that doesn't exist yet this has the potential to be multitudes more embarrassing for them than Row M.

• Like 8
  • Hmmm 1

7 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Sleepy Sunday morning found me wondering if they had built their stand yet so thought I would have a look at slagchat.

The thread for the stand has slipped to page two, would appear they have lost interest!

Found another thread with some moans about a lack of updates but overall it would appear that, a few preparatory groundworks aside nothing has been done, and no sign of the planning permission being discussed by the council yet either.

Is it just me or does it seem completely insane that, with three weeks to go, they haven't started building the stand yet, let alone test events, safety certificates etc.?

No way is this going to be ready, they would struggle before Christmas, let alone early August.

With 400 season tickets sold for a stand that doesn't exist yet this has the potential to be multitudes more embarrassing for them than Row M.

It's only a semi permanent structure, so I'd imagine they'd be able to get a team to knock it up in around a week.

The planning permission (lack of) seems farcical.! Why wouldn't you get that in place before beginning & removing the very limited seating that they did at least have in situ.?

It does all seem very odd indeed.

9 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's only a semi permanent structure, so I'd imagine they'd be able to get a team to knock it up in around a week.

The planning permission (lack of) seems farcical.! Why wouldn't you get that in place before beginning & removing the very limited seating that they did at least have in situ.?

Strange isn't it? Almost like the people at the top there haven't a clue about what they're doing. 

I mean it's not like Wael of Fortune has a history of failing to deliver on his promises, is it? 

Oh wait, no that's exactly what he has a history of. :)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

You also have to remember this stand I believe was going to be used for away supporters.

So with the 400 odd season ticket holders and the inevitable influx of fans for the first day of the season it makes no sense that they wouldn't have got this sorted months ago.

For any other team perhaps. In the context of BRFC it makes perfect sense. If you wish for something hard enough, the Universe will provide and someone will give it to you FOC. Perhaps they could get the Royal Engineers Rgt in, don’t they build bridges in just a few hours?  I’m sure the Great British taxpayer would be thrilled to chip in to help everyone’s second favourite team. 

4 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

For any other team perhaps. In the context of BRFC it makes perfect sense. If you wish for something hard enough, the Universe will provide and someone will give it to you FOC. Perhaps they could get the Royal Engineers Rgt in, don’t they build bridges in just a few hours?  I’m sure the Great British taxpayer would be thrilled to chip in to help everyone’s second favourite team. 

A worthy project for the remake of Challenge Anneka?

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

I know this sounds like a maths question and school's nearly out, but if we assume it takes a week to build the stand with one allen key, how long would it take 400 season ticket holders with an allen key each?

Some quick maths based on a 12 hour working days suggests it should take them about 12 minutes. No problem then.

A ridiculous suggestion - there`s no way Wally`s shelling out for 400 allen keys. That would cost at least a tenner.

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Even semi permanent it will need a safety certificate, and that will include inspections, test events etc.

There just isn't the time to get all that done so far as I can see

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

My assumption was that they would sign the 400 allen keys on loan, not buy them ?.

There is that but the other option would be to buy them and. once the project is completed, sell them off individually to gullible loyal and true fans as a souvenir of the construction of one of the finest buildings Bristol has ever seen.

It would be like owning a spanner Brunel used to build the Suspension Bridge.