IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

2 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Is this why they play in the 'quarters'?

Because quarter of the ground will be missing?

Gets their percentage attendance up so they will clearly need someone to build them a new ground, for nothing obviously.

Just now, Jimmo said:

That dump makes Kenilworth Road look like the Camp Nou

That's a building site as well.

• Haha 1

The lack of panic about their new stand, either on their Forum of social media is amazing. 

Given we can generate thousands of posts about a below-par shirt that people have the option to buy (or not) you'd think that they would be tearing their hair out at the lack of updates/photos or noise about this new stand.

Pretty sure that if it was us who had a home game in a couple of weeks and were faced with a pile of rubble questions would be asked (and probably ignored), but asked they would be. 

• Like 4

Hopefully it turns out a world of pain for them but I still believe it can be constructed within 3 weeks to complete. After all it is temp seating. Although they better get a move on as if they are waiting for planning consent then they could be waiting a while.

Either way it's going to be dawning on them soon.

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Hopefully it turns out a world of pain for them but I still believe it can be constructed within 3 weeks to complete. After all it is temp seating. Although they better get a move on as if they are waiting for planning consent then they could be waiting a while.

Even if it is physically built in time surely it will take a while to get a safety certificate for it? They can't just cobble a few bits of scaffolding together and then charge the public to sit in it straight away.

Edited by richwwtk

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

You're forgetting the concourse with it's catering outlets and toilets, although it may turn out to be a no drink no pee zone. Steward on the gate - "Sorry sir, can't let you in, you appear to be hydrated. 

42 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Even if not is physically built in time surely it will take a while to get a safety certificate for it? They can't just cobble a few bits of scaffolding together and then charge the public to sit in it straight away.

I was up that way today so drove right inside there to have a butchers , not a lot going on but nice pile of rubble on what I would call open end :laugh: took picture but won’t let me upload 

2 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

The lack of panic about their new stand, either on their Forum of social media is amazing. 

Given we can generate thousands of posts about a below-par shirt that people have the option to buy (or not) you'd think that they would be tearing their hair out at the lack of updates/photos or noise about this new stand.

Pretty sure that if it was us who had a home game in a couple of weeks and were faced with a pile of rubble questions would be asked (and probably ignored), but asked they would be. 

Panic? I think you take this football lark too seriously :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think there are more on this thread panic than those over on arsechat 

I'm not on it, but it does seem a major talking point on here :)

I mean, it's a piss take thread so fair enough, but although there was a time when I took it all far too seriously,  but I am way past worrying about what goes on behind the scenes at a football club.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, richwwtk said:

Even if it is physically built in time surely it will take a while to get a safety certificate for it? They can't just cobble a few bits of scaffolding together and then charge the public to sit in it straight away.

They can. They are Bristol Rovers.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Point taken Miah but the scenes will be very much up front and centre if the Rovers season ticket holders have nowhere to sit and the rest of the ground has to be reorganised to accommodate the away fans including separation.

It'll be worth keeping an eye on the Barnsley allocation 

If they only get the standing section on the side it answers all the questions 

• Admin
1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

I was up that way today so drove right inside there to have a butchers , not a lot going on but nice pile of rubble on what I would call open end :laugh: took picture but won’t let me upload 

Send it me on Facebook messenger if you want and I'll upload for you ?

On 07/07/2023 at 11:38, slartibartfast said:

Whilst I'd love all this speculation about planning, regs etc.to be true, I can't believe that they would be so stupid to proceed without any assurances of it being passed. But still, it helps to pass the boring summer days !

oh eh oh ho ha but those summer nights

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Magger1 said:

I was also up that way, and had a look around. Couple of things I noticed. 
1/ It really is an absolute shit hole and must surely be the worst in the league

2/ Apart from the film crew wagons there(?), I didn’t see any evidence of any construction work going on around their new “stand”

The whole ground had a feeling of death ( of a football club) feel to it imho. I would have some serious reservations if I was a blue nose. 

They'll just end up clearing that pile of crap out of the way (no not the stadium, the actual pile of crap) on the edge of the pitch, flatten it down (with an old rusted garden roller), and then pop to B & Q to get some more of the patio chairs.

Apparently they're also going to offer a discount of 50p if you can bring your own chair when you buy a ticket.

• Haha 1

Imagine knocking down a stand before you get planning permission to build its replacement,

I reckon SAG told the gas they wouldn't give a safety cert for the old one and the gas are trying to save face,

You wait it will be the councils fault soon

• Like 1