IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Someone has been busy sending e-mails - that's an awful lot of comments to land in a single update. Are the submissions processed in real time or does someone have to accept them before they're lodged?

23/01441/F | Replacement of the current South and South West Stands with a new improved facility to increase the number of seats within the Memorial Stadium. | The Memorial Stadium Filton Avenue Bristol BS7 0AG

Reading through most of those them seem genuine, and no surprise it sums up their scummy nature as a club in general at the minute of just going ahead with this without any of the houses or neighbourhood area having any idea. Going for broke on and off the pitch. Will end badly. Excited for it

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

It doesn't hold 12k for football,

Wouldn't it go up to that with the new stand ?

Interesting to read one reply saying that the Squatters held a meeting, because they had to , on a week day during working hours. Clever ploy to limit the amount of objectors that could turn up. 

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Wouldn't it go up to that with the new stand ?

Interesting to read one reply saying that the Squatters held a meeting, because they had to , on a week day during working hours. Clever ploy to limit the amount of objectors that could turn up. 

What new stand ? ???

• Flames 1

I find it hilarious their argument for getting a temporary stand is “well it has a 12k capacity before so it shouldn’t need planning permission”. Ashton gate had 43k in the past does that mean we can add an extra 15k to it without any planning permission? No it doesn’t, you expect a small minority of fans from all teams to not have a grasp on reality but it seems higher with that lot. 

I was recently down the pub with a gas head mate and after a few pints the nonsense started coming out (from a usually sound mind) claims of “the only thing city have over rovers is the stadium” “tilson isn’t their record signing” apparently they broke that record at some point since 2000. “Wael has money, but doesn’t want to waste it and spends it wisely. They’re not in hardly any debt as Wael does what lansdown does and coverts it to shares”. “They’re building the club up behind the scenes and will be in the championship soon” and finally once they get “their” new stadium what are city gonna do then as rovers will be equal and challenging them. I asked about the free stadium and the response was, it’s all made up be jealous city fans and the sale of the cabbage patch with Waels millions will they will self fund the stadium. 

• Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

I find it hilarious their argument for getting a temporary stand is “well it has a 12k capacity before so it shouldn’t need planning permission”. Ashton gate had 43k in the past does that mean we can add an extra 15k to it without any planning permission? No it doesn’t, you expect a small minority of fans from all teams to not have a grasp on reality but it seems higher with that lot. 

I was recently down the pub with a gas head mate and after a few pints the nonsense started coming out (from a usually sound mind) claims of “the only thing city have over rovers is the stadium” “tilson isn’t their record signing” apparently they broke that record at some point since 2000. “Wael has money, but doesn’t want to waste it and spends it wisely. They’re not in hardly any debt as Wael does what lansdown does and coverts it to shares”. “They’re building the club up behind the scenes and will be in the championship soon” and finally once they get “their” new stadium what are city gonna do then as rovers will be equal and challenging them. I asked about the free stadium and the response was, it’s all made up be jealous city fans and the sale of the cabbage patch with Waels millions will they will self fund the stadium. 

Standard Sag bullshit. Deluded 

• Like 3

I know quite a few gas heads and they’re all reasonable people who, think normally until it comes to rovers then it all comes crashing down. It’s unbelievable. 

worked with one not so long ago that claimed, because they fill their dump more often than we sell out Ashton Gate then they have more fans than us. It actually hurt my brain when she spoke those words. I wasn’t surprised though as by the sounds of it her dad is right up there with believing every single piece of nonsense they make up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mayes86 said:

worked with one not so long ago that claimed, because they fill their dump more often than we sell out Ashton Gate then they have more fans than us.

Maybe just remind the deluded Sag that they may sell out their little ground once or twice a season (big deal!) but we haven’t had an attendance for a League game since they joined the Football League in 2015 lower than their capacity.

If we played at the Mem we would have sold out every single game.

That answers who has the most fans and who’s fans are more loyal.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

2 hours ago, Homer Simpson said:

Apparently taken today. Looks like they've got the internal walls up. ?

image.thumb.png.a662c60a7b7ebc7768fbda787d5932f4.png

If I was a resident behind that end I'd be encouraging the stand to go up for 2 reasons:

1. I'd be worried about my windows getting hit with a ball when they try to shoot 

2. To hide the monstrosity of the rest of that dump.

In all seriousness, the reason the sags arent worried about it is because it's all in hand. 

This little beauty is on order, and can be delivered by August 8th - that's if I order now. They'll have had this ordered weeks ago. Don't panic Captain Mainwaring.

Edited by Taz

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

So they’ve sold season tickets for that stand? Am I right?

Unbelievable isn’t it. Its like the club have some Heaven’s Gate-Esque following if you can’t see this development, clubs transfer business, manager’s onlyfans, for what it is 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Maybe just remind the deluded Sag that they may sell out their little ground once or twice a season (big deal!) but we haven’t had an attendance for a League game since they joined the Football League in 2015 lower than their capacity.

If we played at the Mem we would have sold out every single game.

That answers who has the most fans and who’s fans are more loyal.

I remember one of them saying we didn't need a bigger stadium during the redevelopment as we were 'only getting 13,000 a game'.

The fact that 2 of the stands had been demolished and we were at capacity was lost on them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

Reading through most of those them seem genuine, and no surprise it sums up their scummy nature as a club in general at the minute of just going ahead with this without any of the houses or neighbourhood area having any idea. Going for broke on and off the pitch. Will end badly. Excited for it

The same scummy club who also decided to change history when trying to sell it to a supermarket by saying it was only the gates that was a memorial to the fallen people of Bristol from the first World War. The whole ground was donated in memory. The clue's in the name.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, RedRock said:

You’re not the dog walker who goes on about more horse punching and the now homeless tits scaring the newts away? 

Got to go some to beat the planning application for a ‘thatched roof’ on one of the classic, balconied Georgian terraced houses in Clifton in giving planning staff a laugh, but good effort.

That’s me folks !