IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

11 hours ago, SirColinOfMansfield said:

A lot of people are really underestimating the ability of Rovers to get things done. It took less than 6 months of detailed planning & project management from the directors and the entire management team to come up with this beauty, so surely the new stand is in good hands???

freshersfair.thumb.jpg.401651a606f3b33f8609fcd99e316c5f.jpg

Who could forget the tinpot jumble sale. I'm sure that the lovely whiteboard colouring in really impressed the University. One of the many reasons for the dustbin thread.  If I'm not mistaken wasn't that the snake scoring on the TV as well. You couldn't make it up. Totally ####### tinpot.

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

From the BBC article:

“Bristol Rovers is replacing its South Stand at the Memorial Stadium in North Bristol with new under cover seats.

So not really a stand then? :laughcont:

They mean undercover - you don't really know they're there. Going to plan exactly then...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, City Rocker said:

I'm told that after "someone at the football club spoke to someone at the council" they were given the impression that because the proposed new structure is not as tall as the plans approved in 2008, the application process should be quick and straightforward. 

It seems they've now been assured that's not the case at all. The local councillor has requested that the application be referred to Development Committee rather than be determined by the officers. The club have belatedly engaged a planning consultant to gather the necessary additional documents for the application, but these are yet to be submitted. 

So it's all looking quite promising then. 

The trouble is that their gashead mate Bob who "works at the council" didn't work in the planning department.

This is the off-pitch equivalent of being relgated to non-league. 

???

• Haha 1

Well, the statement from BCC makes thing perfectly clear - no work shall begin until planning permission is granted. Now they`ve gone public with that then any back door grubby deals with the s*gs will be scrutinized thoroughly and due process will have to be followed now.

It`s a bit early for me to venture over to slagchat - I need at least three coffees first - but I`m sure they are debating this latest revelation in their normal careful and considered manner.

Tinpot doesn`t even begin to cover it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, petehinton said:

27A50351-F517-4D51-B178-51136D560E3E.png

I assume the Councillor means "NOT Least", otherwise it's a pretty damning document and the construction company don't look to come out of it well either.

Presumably the gasheads are already planning how to hound the Interfering "shithead" Councillor out of office and looking up her home address as I write this.

The gas have got themselves into a pickle with thus one,

Their arrogance will cost them, I expect it to be rejected then granted after a lengthy appeal so they can't start work until Jan 

Meanwhile the rest of the country are pissing themselves at their general shittyness 

I've seen Sunday league clubs better organised and managed then this so called professional club

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Their arrogance will cost them, I expect it to be rejected then granted after a lengthy appeal so they can't start work until Jan 

Meanwhile the rest of the country are pissing themselves at their general shittyness 

I've seen Sunday league clubs better organised and managed then this so called professional club

But of course their forum is full of "oh it's only because it's us" and "nimby Greens and Lib Dems", "it's the planning depts fault". Only a handful are putting their hand up to point out how much the club have got wrong here, but of course they are shouted down. 

37 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

To be fair , apart from us & Wycombe no one could care less about them . 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

But of course their forum is full of "oh it's only because it's us" and "nimby Greens and Lib Dems", "it's the planning depts fault". Only a handful are putting their hand up to point out how much the club have got wrong here, but of course they are shouted down. 

Need to get their facts right then.

There are now virtually no Lib Dems on the council, just 5/70 & they all represent just 2 wards that are both miles away (like Whitchurch).

Absolutely loads of Greens though (like Cllr Edwards) & highly likely next May there will be plenty more.

They’re the future in Bristol, so anyone with half a brain would realise engaging with them & trying to make sure any environmental impacts were mitigated would be smart.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, TomF said:

Love the comment on the BBC article about one fan saying ‘there’s been a football ground here for 100 years, you moved here’

Well no, it was a rugby ground for 75 years.. also you didn’t give two ***** about it when it was going to be bulldozed for a sainsburys did you.   You giant wankpuffin. 

I sometimes think that I should be mellowing and becoming less riled by them, but then you see moronic comments and attitudes like that and I realised my loathing for them and desire to see them wound up and dissolved gets increased…….  

• Like 5
  • Flames 4

"I have no facts to back this up but I doubt any other club in the league would have so much opposition to building so little.

I can imagine the fruit market is currently full of sh*t heads walking their dogs claiming its an area of outstanding natural beauty"

?

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, BetterRedthanBlue said:

They keep going on about "but we got planning permission in 2008 for a bigger stand" but planning permission expires after 3 years and 2008 and 2023 are two vastly different times as well.

If they have gone ahead without the required permission I hope they get the book thrown at them.

They also singularly fail to realise all local authorities (whatever anyone’s personal view of ours) have really struggled post pandemic.

Most teams have significant work backlogs, fewer resources due to funding cuts & with absolutely no prospect of this situation changing for the better any time soon. 

This position is also hardly a state secret, if they looked at the average time taken for any planning application to go through all the stages (contentious or not) & worked backwards to when it needed to go in, they would have submitted it much sooner.

They really are a bunch of amateurs.

• Like 7

Is it safe to assume that they have already bought their new stand?

I mean, you wouldn't knock down the old one, cut back trees and dig foundations if you didn't know what you were putting in.

So if there are any changes, so as reducing the width of the stand or the hight or the depth of it. Would those works need to be done again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The next Planning Committee is 9 August, and I'd suggest it's unlikely they'll meet the deadlines (which will be before that date) to be heard at that Committee.

The next one is 6 September, so they may well not have planning permission until that date, at the earliest ???

Are they going to need one of those boards at one end, like Arsenal had when they were doing the North Bank at Highbury? The one with the fans painted on to it. Maybe they could borrow that one, they’d only have to paint out the red and a few of the fans teeth…

IMG_0081.jpeg.22b76b84a5330c1c0c8d94a36fda0263.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

22 minutes ago, Gazred said:

"I have no facts to back this up but I doubt any other club in the league would have so much opposition to building so little.

I can imagine the fruit market is currently full of sh*t heads walking their dogs claiming its an area of outstanding natural beauty"

?

I'd say that the people who live there have had so much in the way of planning applications thrown at them by Rovers over the years (Sainsbury's, student accommodation, possibility of high density housing if the Fruit Market happens) that they are all very switched on with regards to monitoring planning and how to draft an objection that will work.

If this was the first and only proposed change by Rovers in the last ten years then I suggest that it would have gone through on the nod with few objections raised.

If however you keep messing people about with frequent planning applicaions. or threats thereof, as Rovers has done then the residents will become rightly peeved and start to object to anything and everything.

People buy a home partly because they like what surrounds it, their interest is not going to cease at the border of their property.

Edited by Eddie Hitler
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The next Planning Committee is 9 August, and I'd suggest it's unlikely they'll meet the deadlines (which will be before that date) to be heard at that Committee.

The next one is 6 September, so they may well not have planning permission until that date, at the earliest ???

Strongly suspect that the Committee agenda will be prepared 10-14 days before the meeting date. I would have thought that the applicant will be submitting additional detail in support of the proposal that will also need time to be evaluated by officers.

As stated back in Spring, it was patently obvious - particularly looking at the ‘quality’ of the submission - that this structure would not have the necessary permissions by the start of the season. 

I suspect this SAGa should keep us all entertained for at least another couple of months. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Strongly suspect that the Committee agenda will be prepared 10-14 days before the meeting date. I would have thought that the applicant will be submitting additional detail in support of the proposal that will also need time to be evaluated by officers.

As stated back in Spring, it was patently obvious - particularly looking at the ‘quality’ of the submission - that this structure would not have the necessary permissions by the start of the season. 

I suspect this SAGa should keep us all entertained for at least another couple of months. 

But, but there are ITKs on their forum telling the naysayers that they don't understand how planning works, and I am shocked, shocked I say, to hear that there are people who care more about the environment than a piddly little football club.

Screenshot_2023-07-29-10-17-58-89_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Need to get their facts right then.

There are now virtually no Lib Dems on the council, just 5/70 & they all represent just 2 wards that are both miles away (like Whitchurch).

Absolutely loads of Greens though (like Cllr Edwards) & highly likely next May there will be plenty more.

They’re the future in Bristol, so anyone with half a brain would realise engaging with them & trying to make sure any environmental impacts were mitigated would be smart.

Are you suggesting that "facts" thrown around by the fewers are grade-A Bulls**t?

I was told they were everyone's 2nd team - but this whole planning fiasco has made me wonder ?