IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

3 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

Wow. Just wow! Anyone remember the Gash support in our World Cup bid? No thought not. Losers.IMG_0437.jpeg.c109162e1f80b5b707074308efe14a3b.jpeg

Yea why don't our biggest rivals support our planning case after we went out of our to obstruct their new ground

• Flames 1

It is baffling how a club who can take 40,000 to Wembley and see thousands locked out somehow can't manage to submit coherent letters of support.

They're busy moaning that 'the objections' have all been written by the pen of City fans, but at no point have any of them attempted to coordinate a positive response to the application, instead they moan that the Green Party have put the mockers on it, when in actuality their planning application has yet to be considered.

The gift.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scrumpty said:

You’re not looking close enough. I’ve zoomed in on the chimneys in the foreground. They have two shed men!

IMG_0013.jpeg

I have just checked, The Flower Pot Men (pictured) dates back to 1952/1953!!

There won't be many that remember that. It must have been repeated through the 60s as I can just recall it as a very young lad.

8 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Well you say that, but they've got tracksuit bloke. Admittedly he lacks the style and charisma of our own shed man. Or a shed, for that matter. 

20230729_142735.jpg

What a dump. I'm glad I don't live there looking at that view. I'd have to keep the curtains pulled. I'd rather look at the Berlin Wall.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-rovers-start-work-new-8637688

The locals are not happy...

“They did host a consultation but they gave less than 24 hours notice, and at 4pm so people were working or doing the school pick-up. Nobody from the project was actually present. It’s going to be huge in comparison to what was there previously, blocking out light and overlooking gardens. They’re banking on the fact the council is unlikely to pull it down.”

Edited by Gazred
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Gazred said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/bristol-rovers-start-work-new-8637688

The locals are not happy...

“They did host a consultation but they gave less than 24 hours notice, and at 4pm so people were working or doing the school pick-up. Nobody from the project was actually present. It’s going to be huge in comparison to what was there previously, blocking out light and overlooking gardens. They’re banking on the fact the council is unlikely to pull it down.”

The most significant words in that piece: Rovers declined to comment.

They know they don't have a leg to stand on. Or indeed a stand to sit in.

• Haha 18
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

apparently the new stand will potentially impact light to some houses, this will be a real issue if any of the residents affected have lived there for more than 20 years as they can claim right to light which should trump rovers plans.

Rights of light – what's the story -Trowers & Hamlins 

That's an old article and the law was changed slightly recently. Now it will depend on whether the residents can prove that any previous construction gave them enough light and that the new construction will reduce it by 50% or more.

"Generally, any property having uninterrupted enjoyment of light for more than 20 years acquires rights to light. But that can be defeated if, before the expiry of 20 years, the light is obstructed for one year continuously.23 Mar 2023"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

That's an old article and the law was changed slightly recently. Now it will depend on whether the residents can prove that any previous construction gave them enough light and that the new construction will reduce it by 50% or more.

"Generally, any property having uninterrupted enjoyment of light for more than 20 years acquires rights to light. But that can be defeated if, before the expiry of 20 years, the light is obstructed for one year continuously.23 Mar 2023"

so the million dollar question is what was there before and the impact of the new stand.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

so the million dollar question is what was there before and the impact of the new stand.

A temporary stand. That was removed and send to the All England Club every summer.

Not sure if that works for or against the right to light argument.

Suppose they could argue that because it was a temporary structure which I presume didn't require planning permission that technically there was nothing there to block light.

There is no right to light

There is however a legal requirement to consult meaningfully and to carry out an assessment of the impact of proposed development. There are also legal requirements for managing the impact of construction work, environmental damage and health and safety on site.

From the sounds of it, they have broken the law and may be liable to an unlimited fine.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

There are some very poor attempts to justify what has happened in the comments section of that article.

One tries to scare off the locals by suggesting that if Rovers don't get their way they will leave the Mem and what would be built instead would be worse than a stand. As if residential property would be bigger than a football stand.

As someone who would happily never play them again it did occur to me that it would be hilarious if they had drawn us at home in the cup next week.

Options? Ask to switch the game to a ground that’s fit for purpose or otherwise a complete logistical nightmare, as presumably we would have been guaranteed a certain percentage of space in their ramshackle, 3 sided ground.

Sort of wish it had happened now.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

There are some very poor attempts to justify what has happened in the comments section of that article.

One tries to scare off the locals by suggesting that if Rovers don't get their way they will leave the Mem and what would be built instead would be worse than a stand. As if residential property would be bigger than a football stand.

How could it be worse ?  I'd prefer a slaughter house built there ,than them !  ?

• Haha 3

I’m really out of the loop on the latest shenanigans north of Bristol 

so - without trawling through all the posts , are we saying they started a development without the appropriate planning permission? And now even though they have sold tickets for this stand - it won’t be ready in time for the start of the season? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I’m really out of the loop on the latest shenanigans north of Bristol 

so - without trawling through all the posts , are we saying they started a development without the appropriate planning permission? And now even though they have sold tickets for this stand - it won’t be ready in time for the start of the season? 

In short - yes

In more detail - yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

• Haha 14

Without the South and South East tents and no replacement yet to be constructed I think they must have dipped under the minimum ground requirements. 

The mandate for any club entering the league is after 3 years (2018 for them) the ground must have a minimum capacity of 5000 with a minimum seated capacity of 2000.

The west and east stands have 750 and 1100 respectively and I think they took down those bus shelter tents they built over the terracing. 

• Thanks 1