IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

28 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

so - without trawling through all the posts , are we saying they started a development without the appropriate planning permission? And now even though they have sold tickets for this stand - it won’t be ready in time for the start of the season? 

That appears to be the case….and it’s all our fault, definitely not Rovers fault but ours.

…and the Greens

…and Wycombe

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I’m really out of the loop on the latest shenanigans north of Bristol 

so - without trawling through all the posts , are we saying they started a development without the appropriate planning permission? And now even though they have sold tickets for this stand - it won’t be ready in time for the start of the season? 

In one!

And not forgetting the crucial fact that everyone else is to blame for the resultant mess! 

I do find the difference between our two sets of fans to be quite fascinating. The smallest thing happens at City and you'll get people on here claiming that the club are an absolute shambles and that somebody needs to be held accountable.

However, up north, the 15ers have managed to sell season tickets for a stand that doesn't exist, and if it ever will exist, will not be ready for several months at best, but there's barely any criticism of the club at all.

Brainwashing is the word that springs to mind. Or maybe Stockholm Syndrome is more accurate... 

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I do find the difference between our two sets of fans to be quite fascinating. The smallest thing happens at City and you'll get people on here claiming that the club are an absolute shambles and that somebody needs to be held accountable.

However, up north, the 15ers have managed to sell season tickets for a stand that doesn't exist, and if it ever will exist, will not be ready for several months at best, but there's barely any criticism of the club at all.

Brainwashing is the word that springs to mind. Or maybe Stockholm Syndrome is more accurate... 

I think that’s unfair. Plenty of people on Gaschat are being critical. I’m one of them.

• Haha 15

23 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

You are overlooking their inability to listen to criticism. Make a noise over there and they get called a Ted and told to go to Trashton.

Their fans hold them back as much as their leadership does.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

You are overlooking their inability to listen to criticism. Make a noise over there and they get called a Ted and told to go to Trashton.

Their fans hold them back as much as their leadership does.

I was reading their stadium thread, a poster actually said that the other Gas forum was an echo chamber, any different views were shut down and he was grateful for the varied opinions and debate on GasChat. I haven’t stopped laughing yet.

• Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

I was reading their stadium thread, a poster actually said that the other Gas forum was an echo chamber, any different views were shut down and he was grateful for the varied opinions and debate on GasChat. I haven’t stopped laughing yet.

One of my favourites from some time back was one of their Moderators having a Benny because someone had upset someone else and the message was still up.

The Mod responded that they don't have the time to read every post.

Which is amazing, because they only get about 10 posts a day!

1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Without the South and South East tents and no replacement yet to be constructed I think they must have dipped under the minimum ground requirements. 

The mandate for any club entering the league is after 3 years (2018 for them) the ground must have a minimum capacity of 5000 with a minimum seated capacity of 2000.

The west and east stands have 750 and 1100 respectively and I think they took down those bus shelter tents they built over the terracing. 

The solution then is to relegate them from the EFL to non league? 

• Like 1

There are so many gifts in this photo that I just don’t know where to begin? ?

(EDIT: Not knocking the charity by the way….just an unfortunate choice of character)

They dig more holes for their reputation than they do for a stand.

Absolutely priceless. Complete and utter laughing stock tinpot shambles.

IMG_3330.thumb.jpeg.60c4751cab5f33e05dcc3da83ee2edbb.jpeg

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

I’m normally all for having a go at them, but I believe that unicorn is part of a trail raising money for leukaemia research. That it’s rovers themed makes sense considering where it is. (There’s also one at AG). Not sure with all else they give us to laugh at that this is really something to go for.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m normally all for having a go at them, but I believe that unicorn is part of a trail raising money for leukaemia research. That it’s rovers themed makes sense considering where it is. (There’s also one at AG). Not sure with all else they give us to laugh at that this is really something to go for.

No idea of the relevance of what it is for and in no way mocking the charity, it’s just so unfortunate with what is going on at Rovers at the moment that they have a unicorn in a Rovers shirt. 

IMG_3333.thumb.jpeg.18a5eb24e2fdb73b111090f65bbdead4.jpeg

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

(EDIT: Not knocking the charity by the way….just an unfortunate choice of character)

Sit a police woman on it and you have Barbie 

5 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

I’m really out of the loop on the latest shenanigans north of Bristol 

Who would be so stupid to do that , oh hang on ??

4 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That appears to be the case….and it’s all our fault, definitely not Rovers fault but ours.

…and the Greens

…and Wycombe

A Gash spokesman said: “It’s all your fault, Garner, you bald-headed c***!”

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

Aint that the truth.

This quote from a mug on their forum sums it up in response to one of the very few people on there who dared to say the situation and the way the club have acted is embarrassing;

"Not embarrassed in the slightest. Not sure why I should be.
As always it’s no doubt all in hand by those that matter & the rest is a ridiculous forum frenzy born out of “I think/I reckon/I heard”

They have their heads in the sands, others blaming BCC, a lot saying nothing to worry about, a couple calling out the club but being shouted down.

Good stuff :yawn:

• Like 1