IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Bristol Rovers haven't been good enough to compete in Bristol City's division since 1993.

30 years.

Well they’ve not been in the second tier since 1993, but last time we were in same division as the skanks was 2000-01.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 23:51, Not Banksy said:

Yet more ammunition, courtesy of our noiseless neighbours.

Thanks to the internet and social media, this poor sap's embarrassing misfortune will haunt him (and the Blue Few) for years to come.

Don't feel sorry for him, even though he's just a fall guy.

13 hours ago, WessexPest said:

More to the point - surely even the densest, most inbred Slag knows their team name doesn’t contain an apostrophe!

Perhaps that’s why they’ve got “City” on the sleeves of their shirts now - can’t go wrong with just four letters. Expand it out, and it could be a teachable moment about where to use and omit apostrophes:-

e.g. “Bristol Rovers haven’t been good enough to compete in Bristol City’s division since the early 2000s.”

Or 'the football club's forgotten the planning permission'

Do we need to add the apostrophe to the thread title?

'Bristol R*ver's dustbin thread'  ?

• Haha 2

I see Wally has provided them with a link and is encouraging them to add support - for the planning application.  Reading their forum most of them seem to think its just a matter of getting more Support than Object comments.

Anyway, since the link has been provided they are smashing it with support comments.  Deluded or what. Anyone can post by t the way...

Instructions: Click comment on this link: pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00
Direct link for comments page: pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00

2 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

I see Wally has provided them with a link and is encouraging them to add support - for the planning application.  Reading their forum most of them seem to think its just a matter of getting more Support than Object comments.

Anyway, since the link has been provided they are smashing it with support comments.  Deluded or what. Anyone can post by t the way...

Instructions: Click comment on this link: pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00
Direct link for comments page: pa.bristol.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSQK1RDNKSY00

As someone said...........it's not a beauty contest (just as well, they'd lose their deposit) it's about the impact on residents of which there are a finite number.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

As someone said...........it's not a beauty contest (just as well, they'd lose their deposit) it's about the impact on residents of which there are a finite number.

There in lies the balance - the ability to expand the stadium that will get used 22 times a year vs the inconvience to locals 365 days a year - if the new stand impacts light and causes all manner of other disruption. 

I'm pretty sure the Fewers will eventually get their new stand, however it might not be the quick and convenient job they were hoping it would be. I guess that revisions to the plans could still be made or requested, lowering the height or it for example. But if it's a pre-built/bolt it together thing and they've already paid for it, you wonder how easy it would be for them to make cost effective changes. 

39 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Literally hundreds have been added in the last week. I randomly opened a few and they are all basically the same "this would be great for Rovers blah blah blah" "been a stadium there for 100 years, what do local residents expect".

This was good un though...

"We desperately need this stand built in order to satisfy the growing fan base. With the
growing numbers this will not only help the football club to prosper but also the other small
business's that surround the stadium. It is a win win for all."

Growing fan base?? ?

Win win for all....hmmmm not sure it is really.

The word "tents" appears a lot as well!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Literally hundreds have been added in the last week. I randomly opened a few and they are all basically the same "this would be great for Rovers blah blah blah" "been a stadium there for 100 years, what do local residents expect".

This was good un though...

"We desperately need this stand built in order to satisfy the growing fan base. With the
growing numbers this will not only help the football club to prosper but also the other small
business's that surround the stadium. It is a win win for all."

Growing fan base?? ?

Win win for all....hmmmm not sure it is really.

The word "tents" appears a lot as well!

They are a growing fanbase....  They're getting their sisters pregnant all the time up that way......

Portaloos for an additional 2k people ?

Any plans for disabled people ?

Environmental impact assessment including traffic and parking of potentially 2k extra people ?

Electrical requirements, detailed drawings ?

etc etc etc

Nope, back of a fag packet and a nod to Marvins team.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, richyy66 said:

Objection sent on environmental grounds and excess congestion in an already heavily congested area.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Objection sent on environmental grounds and excess congestion in an already heavily congested area.

Which is one of the things I pointed out - no traffic/parking assessment.

We all know that they couldn't give a toss about disabled supporters given their disgraceful current "facilities" and the fact Barnsley had to shame them into catering for their disabled supporters. Thats another objection - have they consulted with the appropriate authorites to ensure that disabled supporters are well catered for ? 

And having portaloos in a "stadium" in this day and age is disgraceful. How many are they going to install for an extra 2k people ?

But its all very well making objections to the application, the way to get any objection noticed is by sending them direct to the councillors on the planning committee.

Edited by bcfc01

Just think how it could have been handled. Consult with the locals 1st, find out how they could sweeten the build by including facilities that could be used by the community on non match days, all sorts of potential there. Society is crying out for childcare or elderly social facilities that could be part of a new build. Have a plan, perfect it, submit to the council in good time.

They are falling between 2 ideas, the fruityhad dream and short term crowd increase at the Mem. This means they could fail at both and in the meantime additionally get all the bad publicity of the postponed build, disabled access and smaller crowds.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Portaloos for an additional 2k people ?

Any plans for disabled people ?

Environmental impact assessment including traffic and parking of potentially 2k extra people ?

Electrical requirements, detailed drawings ?

etc etc etc

Nope, back of a fag packet and a nod to Marvins team.

Yea 3 course meal with all the trimmings coffee and cookies half time for marv’s gang and full planning approval’s in the bag

15 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Just think how it could have been handled. Consult with the locals 1st, find out how they could sweeten the build by including facilities that could be used by the community on non match days, all sorts of potential there. Society is crying out for childcare or elderly social facilities that could be part of a new build. Have a plan, perfect it, submit to the council in good time.

They are falling between 2 ideas, the fruityhad dream and short term crowd increase at the Mem. This means they could fail at both and in the meantime additionally get all the bad publicity of the postponed build, disabled access and smaller crowds.

Which is exactly why I'm happy with the approach they have taken. For the sake of any doubt. Yes. I despise the G@sh.

• Like 1

We play these at home in the League Cup tomorrow night.    Alright on paper it would seem a straight forward win for us but actually wouldn't be surprised if they take a win back themselves over to your way.

Why ?   Because, we often struggle against lower league opponents particularly in Cup contests (got beat by both Cambridge and Stevenage in friendlies only a few days ago) and McKenna won't be taking it too seriously and we'll put out a lesser strength XI with a number of first team names not involved.

We've never won the League Cup, I've seen a few semi-final appearances in all the years I've followed and watched Town but never got beyond the last four.    It's not going to change this season either.      I think the manager and players will take the F.A. Cup seriously next January but this competition won't be high on the list of this season's priorities.      I think the last time we played them it was a draw, a  0 - 0 non-event 'I want my money back' kind of game but in the excitement of last season's promotion it seems kind of lost or trivial compared to other things.   

• Admin
48 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Out of interest are you able to copy your entry and link you sent it to on here?

Just in case someone were to find it of use for research purposes 

• Like 1