IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Why does their new owner look like he’s been kidnapped and being driven to the culprits lair in a 1970s Volvo?

The new mug co-owner (or whatever he is) looks like a stunt double for Borats mate in the film...

• Haha 2

You must have enjoyed the results tonight.     Rovers did try at times and had one or two chances themselves when it was still  1 - 0  but over the 90 minutes there can be no doubt the team that wanted it more got the victory.

All played out on a new pitch resurfaced during the summer and it wasn't too bad a crowd for a midweek first round League cup tie although only a few number of Gas fans made the long trip over.     All right it's a fair distance between places but thought they could have numbered a few more for the visit.

We played well at times, showed flair and creativity and now unbeaten in 'proper' competition for something near 20 games.    Didn't need a full strength team to get past these opponents but a number of familiar faces were present and correct all the same.       We won't win it,  never have and probably never will but the difference in hope and progress since Marcus Evans fuc, sorry, took off, is simply remarkable.       We haven't had such belief in our abilities for a long long time but after the promotion there is still so much to do.    Nothing further has been achieved as yet.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Selred said:

image.thumb.png.22c87c64264cd7f6c6cfd4305b2261c9.png

Genuine question here - how many do we reckon we’d have taken over there for that game? I definitely wouldn’t have been heading over there midweek with work, finances, and the fact we’ve been there plenty of times a few years back. What are the estimates for what we’d have travelled with?

Edited by WinterstokeRoad
Typo

1 minute ago, WinterstokeRoad said:

Genuine question here - how many do we reckon we’d have taken over there for that game? I definitely wouldn’t have been heading over there midweek with work, finances, and the fact we’ve been there plenty of times a few years back. What are the estimates for what we’d have travelled with?

200-250 I reckon

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WinterstokeRoad said:

Less than 200 I recon but we don't constantly harp on about huge away support like they do.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1