IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

In the last few years, we've taken around £50,000,000 from Bournemouth in exchange for 3 players who cost us nothing as they were all academy development.

For context, the UWE stadium that didn't happen was expected to cost £40,000,000 - that would have left enough change for 27 Tilsons.

But as long as they're coming for us, eh...

• Like 10

Seems we are now at fault for their annual season ticket shag up. 

E mailed the club at 3pm, had an instant reply from Pete, saying I will be sent an e ticket tomorrow morning, is it OK to post a positive thing?, 1st class mail posted Monday, shouldn't we also be directing the issue to Royal Mail, I worked there for many a year and have seen some Ted supporting posties shall we say "damage" mail when they realised it was from our club, this was a few years ago, whether its happening still, who knows. FTG

• Haha 13
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Remember the “Pirates Pot” that launched a couple of weeks ago and offered the opportunity for the loyal and true to put money into the club - at just £2 a week - and have chance to win rewards based on the size of said pot.

Well, it’s going well 

Massive.

So they do have a pot to piss in after all......

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

E mailed the club at 3pm, had an instant reply from Pete, saying I will be sent an e ticket tomorrow morning, is it OK to post a positive thing?, 1st class mail posted Monday, shouldn't we also be directing the issue to Royal Mail, I worked there for many a year and have seen some Ted supporting posties shall we say "damage" mail when they realised it was from our club, this was a few years ago, whether its happening still, who knows. FTG

Of course, someone would risk losing their job by doing something so stupid ?.

Maybe we re directed their planning application too. It's all a conspiracy.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

As if.

Pathological liars.

https://sgsa.org.uk/football-league-capacity-requirements/

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but the rules are you are meant to have 2k seats once you have been in the football league for 3 seasons (believe their conference days were slightly more than that ?), they had approx 3k seats before and they have ripped out probably around 40%. I wonder if the football league will be investigating this and what the likely punishments could be? They are clearly breaching the football league members criteria.

Whoever screwed up here and probably cost the club hundreds of thousands should be booted out but you have to seriously question the lack of professionalism right up to the top. Think more than a few of them deserve a cigar to the eyeball from Joey. ?

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Earlier reports suggested Gorringe was to go as well, those reports seem to have disappeared.

'Tom, you're the CEO, who is responsible for all these **** ups?'

'Err, him over there!'

He's our very own Boris Johnson :)

Wasn't David Bright the guy trying to flog your TV/Scoreboard on Facebook earlier this summer?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RedHienz said:

Did it sell? :D

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/bristol-rovers-put-big-screen-8462938

My mistake it was LinkedIn apparently. Sure it was on FB as well.

Great quote by Gorringe at the bottom of the article there.

"In his final programme notes of the season before their fixture against Bolton, CEO Tom Gorringe wrote: “Given the schedule we have contingency plans in place should any delays occur. We will also be working with planning, building regs and our Safety Advisory Group (SAG) to ensure the project runs as smoothly as possible and is signed off for supporter usage at the earliest opportunity.”

The SAG worked out well didn't it?

Edited by NcnsBcfc
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

Worked in the Post Office ( Royal Mail) for 42 years as a postman, admin and a manager. Never once heard of either clubs mail being interfered with in any way. Agreed this was some years ago, but also the rivalry was stronger. Not like today where there’s a generation who haven’t seen a league game between us. But hey ho they’re coming for us!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

In the last few years, we've taken around £50,000,000 from Bournemouth in exchange for 3 players who cost us nothing as they were all academy development.

For context, the UWE stadium that didn't happen was expected to cost £40,000,000 - that would have left enough change for 27 Tilsons.

But as long as they're coming for us, eh...

But that money has largely gone on servicing a substantial debt. Are City going to ask 

28 minutes ago, Dolman Original said:

Worked in the Post Office ( Royal Mail) for 42 years as a postman, admin and a manager. Never once heard of either clubs mail being interfered with in any way. Agreed this was some years ago, but also the rivalry was stronger. Not like today where there’s a generation who haven’t seen a league game between us. But hey ho they’re coming for us!

To be fair, there are quite extensive reports of money going missing when sent through the post, which is why so many people don't do this. I also worked for Royal Mail as a Christmas Casual on several occasions and didn't particularly like what I saw of the permanent staff or the organisation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreedyHarry said:

Why has a Gashead signed off with FTG?

3 minutes ago, myol'man said:

Will Joey be Alton Road Shedman tomorrow ?

Taking this further, just what are the rules? Is it a touchline ban or stadium ban? Are they allowed a radio link in which case the ban is a bit meaningless?

Should he be forced to sit in a concrete bunker watching daytime TV?

Or worse still watching a live link of his team?

Always wondered about these rules.

25 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

Taking this further, just what are the rules? Is it a touchline ban or stadium ban? Are they allowed a radio link in which case the ban is a bit meaningless?

Should he be forced to sit in a concrete bunker watching daytime TV?

Or worse still watching a live link of his team?

Always wondered about these rules.

Stadium ban.

Not allowed in the stadium, no contact.