IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

Just now, Port Said Red said:

That's a big claim, what evidence that would stand up in a court of law that HL, a reputable investment company, involved in millions of legitimate Pension schemes and a broker for 1000's of legal fund managers, partook in Vulture Capitalism?

I won't make specific claims about HL on a football forum, as it isn't appropriate. 

Let's just say that a whole number of 'reputable' investment companies were badly exposed in the 2007/08 financial crash. The entire system is rotten to its core. 

44 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I can't be right on everything. I wasn't referring to averages, and accidentally referred to the 2021-22 figures, not those from last season.

Last season is actually a very bad guide, because they underachieved massively. 

Note that I was also referring to individual games, not the average.

See here: Charlton Athletic | Home Attendances | 2021-2022 | Football Web Pages

Two attendances in excess of 26,000. 

It took you all day to come up with that?

Classic Gas rationale

7 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

You know, the player you have just signed who was ditched by his previous club and has since admitted he attacked a woman? Come on, how far do you sweep these issues under the carpet?

If the player has committed to serve their sentence and has also committed to undergo rehabilitation, then there is no reason for the club not to employ them.

I recall that after three of your players were jailed after participating in a brawl with club bouncers, your club continued to employ them and provided all necessary support. I didn't accuse your club of condoning violent conduct. 

9 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

Not just crimes against women though, Barton’s list is bigger than hot airs IQ. Banned from football for betting in matches he was involved (still lost those bets ?) stubbing a cigar out in youth players eye, etc etc.

So upset about where a wealthy person chooses to live but doesn’t care about Barton’s actual real crimes.

So do you believe that your own club should have sacked Bradley Orr, David Partridge and Steve Brooker after they were sentenced to prison for their role in a drunken brawl? 

Please don't pretend that you are in a position of moral authority on this. 

@Hot Air

You described us as ‘tinpot’

Im thinking

Which team has played in the top flight

Which Club has a stadium you can only dream about

Which Club has dropped into Non League

Which Club is the only Club to have ever failed to qualify for the FIRST ROUND of the League Cup

Which Club played ‘Doncaster United’ 

Which Club didn’t own a ground for many decades , squatting here n there , until they stole the Rugby Ground , before turning it into a campsite

Which Club famously featured on MoD conceding Nine

Which Club employs a manager with criminal convictions

Santa’s Grotto.... headbutting minibuses.....punching horses......relegated to non league by a team wearing your kit.....we could go on and on 

A never ending source of laughter and ridicule 

This tinpot thing is a difficult one ........ 

• Robin 2

1 minute ago, Hot Air said:

If the player has committed to serve their sentence and has also committed to undergo rehabilitation, then there is no reason for the club not to employ them.

I recall that after three of your players were jailed after participating in a brawl with club bouncers, your club continued to employ them and provided all necessary support. I didn't accuse your club of condoning violent conduct. 

They weren’t crimes against women….drunken ********* fighting bouncers, not even comparable.

I’ll ask you again, do you think crimes against women should be covered under”social obligation”

And to save time, you have just signed a man who admitted attacking a woman and was fined for it in a court of law. I could also chuck in other ‘misdemeanours’ but expensive lawyers are marvellous for certain people 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Hot Air said:

There wouldn't be a BRFC without them. It is that simple. 

After Hayles was sold, Holloway put together the Cureton-Roberts partnership, which was one of the most feared strike forces in lower league football. 

You spent 250k of the £2m Hayles fee on Roberts, Cureton was at your club before even Hayles was there so you didn’t used that money on him, like you’re eluding to.

One of the most feared strike forces, and yet never fired you to promotion.

Also what happened the Roberts transfer fee of £2m?. In the space of 2-3 seasons you received approx £4m (hell of a lot of money in the late 90s/early00s for a div 2 team) for two players, you should have been getting promoted easily with that sort of money available, probably could have blown our transfer budget out of the water with that tbf. 

Or

Are you saying that you were so poorly financially run back then that those fees saved your club? With regard to your comment without Dunford there would be no club. Or, you fine financially but the money just disappeared and you weren’t milked by Dunford or whoever?.

Interesting you have to go back 25-30 years to make your tinpot claim about city, whereas we just have to go back 25-30 minutes to see you tinpot mugs about scoring a last minute winner in the third league game of the season.

• Flames 2

24 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I won't make specific claims about HL on a football forum, as it isn't appropriate. 

Let's just say that a whole number of 'reputable' investment companies were badly exposed in the 2007/08 financial crash. The entire system is rotten to its core. 

So you are laying the claims of "Vulture Capitalism" at the door of every businessman? Every Investor? Every what? No club in the land, yours included would have an owner untarnished by your criterion.

Edited by Port Said Red

30 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

The OP made a false claim. I corrected him/her. 

And at precisely what point have I or any other Rovers fans asserted our victimhood? 

Everything . Everytime something goes wrong . I.E the new stand . Always blame someone else . It runs right through you as a club . Always the victims. 
come on address your lies about attendances. You won’t though. Avoidance again . Pathetic 

2 hours ago, Hot Air said:

Gypos? Lovely. Is that allowed to pass on OTIB?

I've already had to educate one of your posters on why repeated use of 'sheikh' in a derogatory way is problematic. 

Imagine a roverzzz fan being offended by the term Gypos. Get back in your caravan ya didi…

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

@Hot Air

You described us as ‘tinpot’

Im thinking

Which team has played in the top flight

Which Club has a stadium you can only dream about

Which Club has dropped into Non League

Which Club is the only Club to have ever failed to qualify for the FIRST ROUND of the League Cup

Which Club played ‘Doncaster United’ 

Which Club didn’t own a ground for many decades , squatting here n there , until they stole the Rugby Ground , before turning it into a campsite

Which Club famously featured on MoD conceding Nine

Which Club employs a manager with criminal convictions

Santa’s Grotto.... headbutting minibuses.....punching horses......relegated to non league by a team wearing your kit.....we could go on and on 

A never ending source of laughter and ridicule 

This tinpot thing is a difficult one ........ 

You relied on acts of charity from former players and creditors foregoing payment in 1982. Both are supreme acts of tinpottery which proved your inability to manage your own financial affairs. 

And it must be a different Bristol City whose mascot got involved with a brawl with Wolves's mascot in a 6-1 reversal at Ashton Gate; or whose players were sentenced to prison for a violent street brawl; or when you went from division one to division four in successive seasons; or whose yobs violently attacked Rovers fans in front of the Sky cameras and chased their manager and players from the pitch after a last-minute equalizer. And so on......

15 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

So do you believe that your own club should have sacked Bradley Orr, David Partridge and Steve Brooker after they were sentenced to prison for their role in a drunken brawl? 

Please don't pretend that you are in a position of moral authority on this. 

I’m not and have never have condoned what happened however, one drunken moment with and let’s face it bouncers that are always looking for a fight. Is miles away from a long list, over 20 years at least of beating people up, betting and stubbing cigars out in 20 yr olds eyes whilst dressed as a paedophile (tbf that come out much later).

2 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

You relied on acts of charity from former players and creditors foregoing payment in 1982. Both are supreme acts of tinpottery which proved your inability to manage your own financial affairs. 

And it must be a different Bristol City whose mascot got involved with a brawl with Wolves's mascot in a 6-1 reversal at Ashton Gate; or whose players were sentenced to prison for a violent street brawl; or when you went from division one to division four in successive seasons; or whose yobs violently attacked Rovers fans in front of the Sky cameras and chased their manager and players from the pitch after a last-minute equalizer. And so on......

It wasn’t even the City mascot you plum, coldseal pigs and the wolves mascot. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So you are laying the claims of "Vulture Capitalism" at the door of every businessman? Every Investor? Every what? No club in the land, yours included would have an owner untarnished by your criterion.

That's like saying that somebody who works on the front desk of a bank is comparable to a national-level bank boss. Quite clearly, nuances and degrees of acceptability apply. I think we can generally agree that Lansdown would be more open to scrutiny and criticism than somebody like Dunford, despite the fact that both are businessmen. 

3 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

It wasn’t even the City mascot you plum, coldseal pigs and the wolves mascot. 

It was still embarrassing and exposed your club to nationwide ridicule. 

1 hour ago, Hot Air said:

There wouldn't be a BRFC without them. It is that simple. 

After Hayles was sold, Holloway put together the Cureton-Roberts partnership, which was one of the most feared strike forces in lower league football. 

Lower league football, there you've said it.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Quite clearly there is a very wide variation in the category. The political situation in Jordan, an authoritarian semi-democracy, is in no way comparable to Saudi Arabia, which is a theocracy. 

And yet, which is the point I’m making, no such distinction between a legal activity (tax avoidance) and an illegal activity (benefit fraud)? 

11 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Try using the word in front of anybody with a reasonable degree of intelligence and see how you get on.....

Well ,that counts you out ........

Hows the Alum Key and gorilla glue shop going ?

Dont hang around , there’s a meccano set to be assembled starting some time in 2024

9B38F9BD-4F0F-4066-B38F-601DF4E87DC3.jpeg

Edited by Sheltons Army

23 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

They weren’t crimes against women….drunken ********* fighting bouncers, not even comparable.

I’ll ask you again, do you think crimes against women should be covered under”social obligation”

And to save time, you have just signed a man who admitted attacking a woman and was fined for it in a court of law. I could also chuck in other ‘misdemeanours’ but expensive lawyers are marvellous for certain people 

Dear oh dear, I have to start quoting myself to get a response! @Hot Air

5 minutes ago, Mayes86 said:

I’m not and have never have condoned what happened however, one drunken moment with and let’s face it bouncers that are always looking for a fight. Is miles away from a long list, over 20 years at least of beating people up, betting and stubbing cigars out in 20 yr olds eyes whilst dressed as a paedophile (tbf that come out much later).

It ultimately comes down to one question. Do you continue to employ somebody who has been convicted of a criminal offence? Both Rovers and City have done this, and so City should stop being holier-than-thou on this issue. 

My personal view is that you should only do this if they commit to seek help and ultimately work towards rehabilitation. In the case of Barton, I'm willing to admit that I have reservations about his continued employment on this basis. 

However, with regard to the specific court cases, I think the position of the club was correct. 

4 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That's like saying that somebody who works on the front desk of a bank is comparable to a national-level bank boss. Quite clearly, nuances and degrees of acceptability apply. I think we can generally agree that Lansdown would be more open to scrutiny and criticism than somebody like Dunford, despite the fact that both are businessmen. 

So you are saying that Lansdown is culpable or not? You brought it up as a way of trying to smear him, then you backtracked and said you wouldn't make the claims against him specifically, but now you are saying he is somehow more culpable than other businessmen? 

I doubt you could even describe the difference between Vulture Capitalism and Venture Capitalism. 

2 hours ago, Hot Air said:

At the time we were being run by the Dunfords - a solid, decent and unstated chairmanship. 

Utter crap you Sag ****! Anyone familiar with events at that time will well remember that any profit made on a player sale resulted in a new fleet of milk floats for Dunford Dairies.

No pun intended, but they "milked" you for every single penny.

You have a very selective memory and are full of shit...

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Just now, RedRaw said:

Dear oh dear, I have to start quoting myself to get a response! @Hot Air

Under the terms of the law, the incidents involving the City players resulted in jail sentences being handed out. In the case of Brown and Barton, no jail sentence was forthcoming. The incident involving the City players was a serious violation of public order, and as I recall, one player continued to play with a tag. 

I'm not sure what you mean by 'under social obligation'? If you mean, do I believe that different standards should apply across individual countries on the basis of cultural differences, then my answer is 'no'.

If Brown serves his sentence, commits to undertake rehabilitation and pay his debt to the victim/s and society, then I have no issue with the club signing him.