IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

13 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Robbo mate, stop talking nonsense.

You’re referring there to Craig (Ken) Logan, the one of Bros who wasn’t one of the Goss twins - and played bass. The actual drummer was Luke Goss, who went on to a moderately successful film career, but wasn’t a music manager.

Weve had enough nonsense on this thread without you adding to it.

Didn't they go on to open a store chain called Moss Bros?

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Didn't they go on to open a store chain called Moss Bros?

Boom-tish!

But, seriously, as Bros were brought up it’d be remiss of me not to direct anyone who hasn’t seen it to their documentary “After the screaming stops”. If you thought LJ was Brent like, these boys are something else.

Few quotes here:

https://www.getintothis.co.uk/2018/12/the-bros-documentary-just-won-music-tv-programme-of-the-year-heres-24-of-the-best-quotes/

My favourite being “I made a conscious decision not to be superstitious because of Stevie Wonder”

IMG_1233.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 14/08/2023 at 18:03, pongo88 said:

In the interview Hussain Al-Saeed states that he hopes the developer will build the stadium for them in return for getting the Memorial Stadium site. Out of interest, does anyone know the value of the land at Horfield?  Rovers are talking about getting a 17,000 seater stadium but the figures don’t add up. As a comparison, York City’s new 8,500 capacity ground cost £44m to build, and work started on that 6 years ago. 

When I listened to the bumbling Wally interview with Geoff I swear that he said that Membley and the Fruitihad weren't linked in any way? Sounds like Wally hasn't had a chat with Hussain about this? Unless of course the whole thing is just a load of 'Hot Air'....which brings me nicely on to the next subject.....

On 16/08/2023 at 11:56, Hot Air said:

Do you talk about PL football?  I hope not, because you've never been in it. 

Every so often one deluded inbred breaks cover and attempts to take on the 'Dustbin Thread' regulars.

1982, Bros? When City were Tinpot etc etc - Do you have anything more up to date and relevant?, or are you simply buried deep in the past like so many of your deluded, dribbling, crayon munching comrades? 

Do you worship the Tote End and possess a "FTG" number plate by any chance?

Let's talk present tense instead.....

Your club is a 'laugh a minute' joke. - Recent Past and Present.

You haven't got a pot to piss in - Present

You have been in our shadow for nearly 23 years - Present

Your club is smaller than Peterborough - Present...seeing as you have been discussing attendances

Membley has a bigger pile of rubble than Fred Flintstone FFS!

Your club is the very definition of TINPOT and it's ******* hilarious.

Thanks for being the gift that continues to give and thanks for adding to our entertainment.

Mind The Gap Tinpot Bristol Rovers fan.

#Tinpot

Edited by Gert Mare
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You’re referring there to Craig (Ken) Logan, the one of Bros who wasn’t one of the Goss twins - and played bass. The actual drummer was Luke Goss, who went on to a moderately successful film career, but wasn’t a music manager.

I feel ashamed to be caught out by a super Bros-fan like yourself, Silvio.

I'd only be more embarrassed if I'd claimed Charlton attendances were higher than City's or didn't understand what vulture capitalism meant, or didn't realise that touring musicians are not necessarily part of the band...     ?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Didn’t Viz start the “Ken” stuff?

Had the last laugh, didn’t he?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd only be more embarrassed if I'd claimed Charlton attendances were higher than City's or didn't understand what vulture capitalism meant, or didn't realise that touring musicians are not necessarily part of the band...     ?

Effectively, what you're asking here is...

When. Will I, will I - be shameless? 

No point looking in my direction for an answer. I can't, I can't answer that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

22 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

That’s ok mate - I bow to your knowledge of F!ve and Another Level so let me have this one!

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Some years ago, Rovers used to train at a place called The Beeches.

Do you have any idea who owned the place and how much he used to charge Rovers for the 'privilege' of using his facilities?

You may have read these past few days that Manchester United are contemplating whether to reintegrate in to their squad a young man by the name of Mason Greenwood, a player they suspended when he was accused of, and charged with, various sexual offences against his girlfriend.

The charges against MG were recently dropped, as the main witness (his girlfriend and now the mother of his child) refused to testify, and I should be interested to know whether, in the probably unlikely event that Manchester United were to contemplate loaning him to Rovers, you might support any such loan.    

I see you are back.

Any chance you might reply to this post?

24 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That's very kind of you Slacker. Not to worry - I'll check in when time permits and will re-engage when I see something/anything worthy of my attention...

If and when you win more games is what you really mean.

The other Gas posters on OTIB don't feel the need to do that so they receive respect.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

18 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That's very kind of you Slacker. Not to worry - I'll check in when time permits and will re-engage when I see something/anything worthy of my attention...

As you were so concerned about 'tinpot' moments from the last century earlier on in the thread, intrigued by your views on these, all of which happened in the last decade?

I could go on, but I'm sure thatll give you enough to comment on for now...

download.jpeg-1.jpg

download.jpeg-2.jpg

download.jpeg-3.jpg

download.jpeg-4.jpg

IMG-20230805-WA0001.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Come on guys, he’s a busy man. You’ve not heard from him today as he’s been taking training and then he has spent the afternoon swatting up on Middle Eastern values and reading the latest version of uk legal guide “crimes against women” edition 

The problem with your concern about 'crimes against women' in the ME is that it is entirely selective. People use it as a stick to beat the region with, and this is shown by the fact that they don't even bother to consult the women of the region on their 'oppression'. The hijab is an obvious example of this - westerners look at this as a form of oppression whereas many Muslim women view as an expression of their freedom of choice and not, by definition, as a form of 'oppression'. 

4 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

whereas many Muslim women view as an expression of their freedom of choice and not, by definition, as a form of 'oppression'. 

Hmmmm, has anyone asked them in a poll that is guaranteed to be anonymous?

5 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

As you were so concerned about 'tinpot' moments from the last century earlier on in the thread, intrigued by your views on these, all of which happened in the last decade?

I could go on, but I'm sure thatll give you enough to comment on for now...

download.jpeg-1.jpg

download.jpeg-2.jpg

download.jpeg-3.jpg

download.jpeg-4.jpg

IMG-20230805-WA0001.jpg

Its interesting - Rovers have often adopted their 'small-time' (or 'tinpot') aspects in the same way that Wimbledon did in the 1980s, with the 'Crazy Gang' mentality - Steve Hamer, a former chairman, even directly drew this comparison. You'll recall that we actually embraced this at Twerton.

In contrast, it is City's attempt to make the leap into a genuine contender that invariably amuses. Watching you try and then fall flat on your face, as in the 2008 play-off final, is a continual source of amusement. You try so hard to be 'massive' but never quite make it. 

2 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Its interesting - Rovers have often adopted their 'small-time' (or 'tinpot') aspects in the same way that Wimbledon did in the 1980s, with the 'Crazy Gang' mentality - Steve Hamer, a former chairman, even directly drew this comparison. You'll recall that we actually embraced this at Twerton.

In contrast, it is City's attempt to make the leap into a genuine contender that invariably amuses. Watching you try and then fall flat on your face, as in the 2008 play-off final, is a continual source of amusement. You try so hard to be 'massive' but never quite make it. 

‘unLUckY dA SHiT’

46 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

In other words . Will disappear without a trace once you’ve lost a couple on the bounce. 
Still waiting for your gas logic answer as how charlton had a bigger average attendance than us last season 

3 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Wimbledon were actually good.

Having ambition is not a bad thing or something to be embarrassed about, you should try it sometime.

The only people who ever talk about being ‘massive’ is Gasheads, which makes it even more amusing when you boast about being the 6th richest club in the country before your owner gives you this ?

30EED236-0923-4EF3-A797-A82A55794CDD.jpeg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

The problem with your concern about 'crimes against women' in the ME is that it is entirely selective. People use it as a stick to beat the region with, and this is shown by the fact that they don't even bother to consult the women of the region on their 'oppression'. The hijab is an obvious example of this - westerners look at this as a form of oppression whereas many Muslim women view as an expression of their freedom of choice and not, by definition, as a form of 'oppression'. 

This lot of now maimed Middle Eastern women would welcome the freedom of choice to not wear hijabs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-64503873

Amazing, how you go from coming on another team's forum to try to boast about your side's inaugural victory of the season and denigrate our club in the most feeble way possible ['22 years ago you had a chairman who many years before he became a millionaire businessman and joined you, played music on stage for a manufactured pop band'] to trying to excuse the widespread suppression of women's rights across much of the Middle East.  What a bizarre corner you've backed yourself into. 

Par for course for someone whose only defence of a convicted wife-beater is whattoutism. 

Edited by Red-Robbo
  • Like 2
  • Flames 3

18 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I see you are back.

Any chance you might reply to this post?

I have no idea, but I'm sure you can tell me.

I will need to be more selective in dispensing my pearls of wisdom tonight, but I will reply on this.

The question doesn't even arise - charges have been dropped, and he has no case to answer. 

Man Utd are currently looking at how to reintegrate Greenwood into their squad, but it looks likely that he will be loaned out to a club abroad. There's no reason why he couldn't be loaned out to a UK club. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

So you'd rather aim to be small time and bounce between league one, two and non-league than show any ambition and get within a game of being in the Premier League.

If you find us reaching the championship play off final at Wembley a source of content amusement, how do you think we view you lot getting relegated to non league against a team playing in your kit, having celebrated survival the week before? Theres total levels to this

• Like 2