IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

They’re about to announce a new signing… Sags seem convinced it’s the returning Jonson Clarke Harris - with him being contracted and at Peterborough - surely the Tilson would be under threat?!

Nope, another Prem youngster on loan.

Just now, Open End Numb Legs said:

Had a look at their forum to see if there was any support for the Barton ban on the BP. About 50/50. Plenty of questions about why? What have the BP done wrong? No one can say why other than a publicity stunt by Barton and the news is all biased to City.

What do they expect? The bigger and better club will always get top billing, it works that way everywhere.

Sounds accurate reporting to me, would City try to build a stand without planning permission?:-

I think Joey does have a point. The way the teams are discussed. With City it is always a serious business tone whereas Rovers it's always a patronizing, rag bag, plucky under dog and not so relevant tone.

The pretext for the ban is apparently the BEP's reporting on the Bright sacking. However, I agree with posters who have suggested Barton is actually guided by his own financial motivations. 

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

First-choice or not, they'll be soaking up a fair wage, given their experience. Mr AlSaaed will have to sell a lot of KFC at his outlets in Kuwait City to afford what is, for you, quite an ambitious summer's spending.

FWIW I expect your season to progress better than it's started. Top 6 is by no means impossible, although you'd experience a Yeovil-like rude awakening if you did manage to make it up. The second tier is a whole different ballgame than it was in the 90s. 

If they are serious about top six, they need to sign a proven striker. Otherwise, top 10 would a good season. 

5 minutes ago, Open End Numb Legs said:

That value is becoming a benchmark measure against currencies and inflation. Soon to be quoted by the business news.

At the time of his purchase, a Tilson would have bought you 6.8 averagely priced UK homes. 

It now buys you 1.3 averagely priced UK homes. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

The pretext for the ban is apparently the BEP's reporting on the Bright sacking. However, I agree with posters who have suggested Barton is actually guided by his own financial motivations. 

What is your opinion on him cashing in on your clubs supporters thirst for information, whilst excluding the club from that money making stream? 

5 hours ago, glynriley said:

Now we know why the gAss are begging their fans to sign up to the no pot to piss in scheme at £2 per week. They’re nicking all our scouts ?

IMG_1499.thumb.jpeg.b1fe28a43b31985b0621bb2d9b1958f9.jpeg

Ah yeah, the lucrative world of the football scout, especially local ones. 

There they are, watching schools football, Downs league and non league and all driving around in their sports cars before going home to their mansions....

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I would say the two words were fairly interchangeable to be honest, there are many other things that are worse in that statement.

Obligated is generally considered an Americanism not used in formal British English, where we use obliged. But like so many others, we are slipping into using it more often.

23 minutes ago, GreedyHarry said:

What is your opinion on him cashing in on your clubs supporters thirst for information, whilst excluding the club from that money making stream? 

My opinion is that he has enough money (bragging on Twitter about being down to his last 20m) not to need to do this.

Unfortunately, the more money people have, the more interested they become in it. 

3 hours ago, Redland said:

Probably won’t be popular for saying it but with the signings of players like George Fiend, Jack Hunt and Harvey Vale and with the likes of Scott Sinclair already onboard I think that unfortunately Rovers could do well this season. The team certainly looks a lot stronger than this time last year.

Fantastic team.. if it was 2010. 

Edited by HoldenBall

1 minute ago, Hot Air said:

All of the contributors to this thread, who have clearly indicated their interest in the club by giving their time and attention to it. 

You’re getting ‘laughing at your club’ confused with explicitly asking you for a prediction. 

I’m interested in what’s going on at Bristol Rovers. It’s very entertaining.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, David Brent said:

You’re getting ‘laughing at your club’ confused with explicitly asking you for a prediction. 

I’m interested in what’s going on at Bristol Rovers. It’s very entertaining.

I'm actually touched - you all appear almost as interested in my own club as your own.

It is very entertaining, and this is in large part because we haven't morphed into a soulless corporate entity, unlike a certain club I could touch with a very short stick. 

• Haha 3