IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 minute ago, Hot Air said:

I'm actually touched - you all appear almost as interested in my own club as your own.

It is very entertaining, and this is in large part because we haven't morphed into a soulless corporate entity, unlike a certain club I could touch with a very short stick. 

Keep your very short stick in your pants, ta muchly.

If we are a “soulless corporate entity”, that is blooding our own players and selling the cream of the crop on for massive profits, ergo ensuring sustainability, while the Rent Boys get passed like a used w**k sock to another charlatan whose “wealth” is small potatoes (possibly literally) and are managed by a truly horrible waste of skin - then all good.

• Like 5
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

6 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I'm actually touched - you all appear almost as interested in my own club as your own.

It is very entertaining, and this is in large part because we haven't morphed into a soulless corporate entity, unlike a certain club I could touch with a very short stick. 

Oh you are touched alright. No doubt about it.

• Haha 9

12 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

No you've morphed into a club with zero morals or any common decency. I hope Jevani Brown gets 25 goals for you this season :) 

I wonder what you would think if we had middle eastern owners, stole our ground, attempting to now move into our 4th home. 3rd home in 30 years. That sounds all very soulless to me don't you think. Not to mention having a convicted criminal as a manager, who you all chant and have banners of every week. Soulless indeed.

Edited by HoldenBall
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

we haven't morphed into a soulless corporate entity, unlike a certain club I could touch with a very short stick. 

Translation: "We are owned by two moderately wealthy Arabs, one of whom was a Chelsea fan, but couldn't afford to invest in the PL so took the bargain bucket choice, the other one until recently couldn't find Bristol on a map. You are owned by a Bristolian billionaire and have a ground that looks like a 21st Century one, as opposed to ours that looks like a 1960s one, crossed with a bomb site, crossed with a derelict funfair from Scooby Doo. Therefore, I am jealous."

Both clubs are owned by corporate entities.  The red one is big and professional enough not to make a continual laughing stock of itself.

Do you honestly not find Barton's recent social media strops and your PR department's comparison of joining Roverzz with booking a berth on the Titanic funny?

• Like 4
  • Haha 11

Yep - very few people call circuses "corporate entities" - perhaps also you should bear in mind which club was piping in crowd noise over the PA before trying to call us soulless?

I am hoping your poxy team of prison dodgers go back to getting rinsed by Acrington, Exeter, Morecambe and Fleetwood soon. I suspect we wont see you on here then.

6 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

No you've morphed into a club with zero morals or any common decency. I hope Jevani Brown gets 25 goals for you this season :) 

I wonder what you would think if we had middle eastern owners, stole our ground, attempting to now move into our 4th home. 3rd home in 30 years. That sounds all very soulless to me don't you think.

I've actually discussed this earlier in the thread. As a club, you were previously pretty unappealing but at least had a degree of character and authenticity. You are now a slick corporate entity with as much soul and personality as Lansdown's other 'investments'. As I pointed out previously to another, 'success' has come with a clear cost for you.

You remind me of a middle-aged businessman. You are comfortable, well-established but essentially bored. Say what you like about Rovers under Barton, but it certainly isn't boring. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

Not our fault Rovers are hilarious. This thread would’ve died years ago if didn’t keep handing us the ammo.

You’re just a laughing stock.

Sitting in your funny little ground surrounded by someone else’s history ?

Got to pay a subscription to the manager to get ‘breaking news’ about YOUR club ?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, cityal said:

Yep - very few people call circuses "corporate entities" - perhaps also you should bear in mind which club was piping in crowd noise over the PA before trying to call us soulless?

I am hoping your poxy team of prison dodgers go back to getting rinsed by Acrington, Exeter, Morecambe and Fleetwood soon. I suspect we wont see you on here then.

I don't want to stir things up further, but opposition managers have commented on our ability to create an atmosphere and get behind our team. Both Steve Evans and Derek Adams have said this, along with others.

Even at Twerton, we created an atmosphere, got behind the team and turned it into an intimidating place to play. 

In contrast, I remember Gary Johnson attempting to create an atmosphere at your ground by encouraging your fans to 'bounce around the ground'. Happily, none of our managers ever needed to resort to such desperate and frankly embarrassing measures. 

• Haha 11

11 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I've actually discussed this earlier in the thread. As a club, you were previously pretty unappealing but at least had a degree of character and authenticity. You are now a slick corporate entity with as much soul and personality as Lansdown's other 'investments'. As I pointed out previously to another, 'success' has come with a clear cost for you.

You remind me of a middle-aged businessman. You are comfortable, well-established but essentially bored. Say what you like about Rovers under Barton, but it certainly isn't boring. 

You could only dream of having an owner like Lansdown, with our views, values and any sort of morality at the polar opposite of Rovers. I would much rather be a corporate borefest professional football club then a club ran like it's 1937, on and off the pitch. Nice to see you have completely stepped over my mentioning of your two woman beaters currently employed by your club. If your proud to not be "boring" because your club lacks any sort of morality then that says a lot about you as a person.

You could have the best season ever next season, I truly couldn't care less. You are only known as a football club because you employ a convicted criminal and a wife beater. 

Edited by HoldenBall
  • Flames 1

I don't want to stir things up further, but opposition managers have commented on our ability to create an atmosphere and get behind our team. Both Steve Evans and Derek Adams have said this, along with others.

Even at Twerton, we created an atmosphere, got behind the team and turned it into an intimidating place to play. 

In contrast, I remember Gary Johnson attempting to create an atmosphere at your ground by encouraging your fans to 'bounce around the ground'. Happily, none of our managers ever needed to resort to such desperate and frankly embarrassing measures. 

Steve Evans sure knows what he's talking about doesn't he? Another sorry sad chapter for your club that's characiristically been swepped under the Saghead carpet.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-evans-fires-another-dig-8308462

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

I dunno, piping crowd noise through the speakers seems pretty desperate to me? 

11F559E3-46AA-4571-AC54-2456FA69DA60.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

12 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

What's pretty evident from the past few pages is that any "cost" is something that City fans are comfortable with and that it's only Sags who perceive there to be a detrimental cost - one which is measured in the size of the gap.

23 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

I wonder what you would think if we had middle eastern owners, stole our ground, attempting to now move into our 4th home. 3rd home in 30 years. That sounds all very soulless to me don't you think. Not to mention having a convicted criminal as a manager, who you all chant and have banners of every week. Soulless indeed.

I hope we can play a part in Jevani Brown's rehabilitation. He has expressed contrition for his past actions and shown a willingness to reform. 

Barton isn't the first footballer to serve time, and he won't be the last. The actual issue for me is that he has not expressed remorse or contrition for his past actions. 

As I recall, one of your players played with a tag, didn't they? You also no doubt cheered on Steve Brooker and Dave Partridge. 

If they did your shitpit would collapse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, I remember that laughable “Welcome to Hell” banner and the intimidating sound of Gash footsteps trudging away from the ground as we knocked in a fourth goal at Trumpton.

As for the Pisspoorial, I posted some comments last season after games where various away fans had commented how dead your slag heap was. Scroll back and take a look.

Oh, and by the way, one Bristol club had an impressive display of limbs after their last-gasp winner in Sarf London the last seven days with no empty seats visible - and it wasn’t you.

I hope we can play a part in Jevani Brown's rehabilitation. He has expressed contrition for his past actions and shown a willingness to reform. 

Barton isn't the first footballer to serve time, and he won't be the last. The actual issue for me is that he has not expressed remorse or contrition for his past actions. 

As I recall, one of your players played with a tag, didn't they? You also no doubt cheered on Steve Brooker and Dave Partridge. 

That's so sweet, maybe Barton can show him the technique he used on a poor defenceless woman?

One things for sure, I know our "corporate borefest" club wouldn't stand for anything like that now. They made a mistake with Simpson and was criticised by everyone and he left shortly after.

You'll have to look a long way to find a domestic abuse apologist on the red side. Sadly can't say the same for your mob. 

3 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

I hope we can play a part in Jevani Brown's rehabilitation. He has expressed contrition for his past actions  

He pleaded not guilty to the slapping and spitting on the second woman he has assaulted and only changed his plea when evidence disclosure showed the case against him was unarguable.

Sounds very contrite. ?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

So the first 8 words of your post is a lie. To be honest 99% of the posts you have made are at best pathetic.

However, to use Steve Evans to back up your belief that you lot create an atmosphere is truly astounding. Then you bring up Trumpton. It wasn't even your ground and it wasn't intimidating, it was just shite and not unlike the Mem. At least Trumpton had 4 sides to I suppose.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

Steve Evans sure knows what he's talking about doesn't he? Another sorry sad chapter for your club that's characiristically been swepped under the Saghead carpet.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-evans-fires-another-dig-8308462

Steve Evans needs to take this up with Keith Hill, who is highly respected in lower league football and who, unlike Evans, has never been suspended from football management. 

Just now, Hot Air said:

Steve Evans needs to take this up with Keith Hill, who is highly respected in lower league football and who, unlike Evans, has never been suspended from football management. 

Sounds like Evans knows a lot about illegal bungs then, he would know best. I wonder how that 16 year old goalie from Scunthorpe is doing? I sure hope Scunthorpe used that bonus for your promotion well. :)

So what you're saying is we can't take his word then. Understood. 

18 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

So what equates to 'character and  authenticity? An appalling ramshackle stadium which is falling to pieces? A manager whose morals have repeatedly shown to missing? Being so badly managed you actually dropped into non league football?

You might think from the inside you are authentic and plucky little Bristol Rovers but you wouldn't turn down our position in a million years. Are we soulless because we have a roof and actual seats? Someone willing to put their hand in the pocket so we don't turn into an embarrassment? Or are you just horrendously jealous. 
Enjoy your 'authenticity' I hope the roof doesn't blow off your tent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Yes, I remember that laughable “Welcome to Hell” banner and the intimidating sound of Gash footsteps trudging away from the ground as we knocked in a fourth goal at Trumpton.

As for the Pisspoorial, I posted some comments last season after games where various away fans had commented how dead your slag heap was. Scroll back and take a look.

Oh, and by the way, one Bristol club had an impressive display of limbs after their last-gasp winner in Sarf London the last seven days with no empty seats visible - and it wasn’t you.

That was the same season when we won 2-0 at AG, wasn't it? A Beadle double as I recall. The second being pretty special - I was right behind it. 

That 4-2 was something of a collector's item, wasn't it? One of the reasons your lot repeatedly folded at Trumpton was because they couldn't handle the atmosphere and the novelty of playing in an environment where the fans get behind their team. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

Sounds like Evans knows a lot about illegal bungs then, he would know best. I wonder how that 16 year old goalie from Scunthorpe is doing? I sure hope Scunthorpe used that bonus for your promotion well. :)

So what you're saying is we can't take his word then. Understood. 

How does your record in football league management compare to Keith Hill? Because I'm inclined to take his judgement over yours. 

Hill made it clear why he was playing a team of rookies and indeed had actually managed to get points playing with them. 

5 minutes ago, Hot Air said:

That was the same season when we won 2-0 at AG, wasn't it? A Beadle double as I recall. The second being pretty special - I was right behind it. 

That 4-2 was something of a collector's item, wasn't it? One of the reasons your lot repeatedly folded at Trumpton was because they couldn't handle the atmosphere and the novelty of playing in an environment where the fans get behind their team. 

And the 2-0 win was your last at Ashton gate. When was it, 1996? The fact you have to go back to the 80's too. Funnily enough Trumpton wasn't your ground as well. 

Edited by HoldenBall